• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Members as calculators

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I would like to announce that the VS Battles Staff is looking for members who have experience in the field of calcs (aka calculations).

The purpose of this is to have a group of members (apart from the staff) who can check for accuracies of pre-existing calcs as well as the validity of any new calcs. In certain cases, the group might also be requested to do an entirely new calc altogether.

The members of this group will be the the default go-to people (aside from the staff) in all matters related to calculations. To all of you interested in the world of calculations: If you're good at calcs, and you wish to contribute to improve the quality of VS Battles wiki, this is your chance to shine.

Those who are interested may submit their names on this thread. I look forward to the community's participation.

For suggestions, I'm sure you've already been thinking about nominating Illuminiati478, who resolved the Seiretei issue that apparently was a major debate until he came up with his calc. Also, I would like to mention ClassicGameGuys, whose calc is the reason Samus Ara is at the level she's at, and he also runs a forum where he takes on requests.

if you need me for it, i'm in, i always want to help, but sadly my scheduale is a bit clogged up, so i do requests on friday and saturday due to real life stuff...

@DontTalk: To clarify, this set-up is not an immediate get-together. It's going to be a long-term thing.

Thank you for both of you putting in time for the VsBattles community.

All qualified help is appreciated. Do you have experience with calculating feats outside of the VsBattles community?

@Rib78: What Antvasima said. You will have to demonstrate proof of your experience in the world of calcing. It's a formality, but an obligatory one which must be fulfilled.

@Lord Kavpeny: Yes, I know. I only thought to mention my short time plans so that no one requests something from me immediately and wonders that I pass on my first task in this group ^^

I don't have anything I can point to, I only started calculating feats a few of months ago, and the only place I've actually uploaded calcs is here and that's only a couple; sorry. Maybe some time further down the line, when I have more work under my belt.

Well, your help would still be appreciated, but we need to know for sure that you know what you are doing.

@Antvasima & Rib78: Yes, the calc indeed looks well-crafted, with proper reasoning and explanation. Good job.

@DontTalk: Hmm...you're a smart man. I appreciate people who have foresight.

@
Illuminati478: If you can manage a regular schedule of contribution (not daily, but regular), then it is acceptable.

@Lord Kavpeny If you think that he seems like a good choice, then I am fine with it as well.

After some cross-questioning, I have come to the conclusion that Rib78 has solid knowledge of calcing. I would like to invite him to the Calc group.

@DontTalk, ClassicGameGuys & Illuminati478: Thank you for your initiatives. Welcome to the team.

How can you assist then? Do you have knowlege of calcing in general?

Yep, and I understand the mechanical physics behind it as well. I just don't know if I can do it correctly with pixel scaling since I've never done that before. I would like to try calcing since I've never done it before; I've done enough physics in my life to know what to do.

There are instructions on how to do pixel-scaling on the calculation guide page, you can start by reading it, and if you have any question i am regularly online to answer, also if you don't get an answer from me by any chance you can ask, the other calculation group members, they are as knowledgable as me if not more so...

I can be a bit of a hit or a miss.. or at least once was, due to inexperience

Probably my most extensive one is here

Was also probably the first person to attempt to calc this feat

Sadly, I lack the IRL time to dedicate any sort of consistent schedule my calcing endeavors, so I won't be qualified to join this, I don't think. But! I will help out when I've got the time.

Hmm. What do the rest of you think?

Here is a list to the changes that he has made to the Godzilla page. Several of them seem unmotivated, or at least no valid explanations are given.

Being a member of this group should obviouslynot remotely be seen as an opportunity to impose any changes that one wishes to pages.

The page had next to no content or explaination on the existing stats to begin with, its still incomplete, and what little was there I've now even practically downgraded with explaination. I didn't really think something like "lifting strength" needed further immediate explaination other than the kaiju weight range since to be below Class M strength (1,000 to 1,000,000 metric tons) would suggest that Godzilla can't lift a tiny portion of his own weight or even lift his own arm.

Okay. I prefer when statistics have motivations however, but agree that this site needs a lot more of this. From what I remember I received them through talk threads for the few previous statistics, but it is always better to mention the motivations.

Back