• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metaversal and Metaversal+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
When I googled "Metaverse" recently, I found this page.

The ACF wiki staff selected the name because it means "beyond" or "greater" universe, and because "meta-universe" is a synonym for multiverse, but it seems like the name was already taken for our shared virtual space.

Since we removed the "Omniverse" term because of the contradictions, I am worried that people at forums may start to make fun of us since this term is also contradictory.

Do the rest of you consider it to be a problem that "Metaverse" also means something else, and if so, is there any chance that you have any suggestions for another better term that we could use instead for extremely higher-dimensional or beyond dimensional space?

"Hyperdimensional" and "Hyperdimensional+", or "Hyperverse Level" and "Hyperverse Level+" is one alternative, but that may sound silly? Other options that the ACF wiki staff considered, before selecting "Metaverse", are "Transverse", "Superverse", or "Oververse".

Thank you for your time.

the term metaverse originally meant something else then the meaning changed depending on vs forum debates

I don't really have a problem with the term itself

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

instead of the term metaverse, why not tell what dimesnional being the creature is

eg. are they 4-D, 5-D, 6-D lvl

or something

and if the exact dimension number is unknown, why not list- extradimensional?

Well, seeing as how metaverse in actuality means something completely different than how we're using it, I would suggest a different term. If I had to pick a term that the ACF suggested, I'd have to vote for "Superverse" or "Oververse", since "Transverse" means something different. This is just my opinion, though. Please take it with a grain of salt.

The problem is that "Metaverse" sounds a lot better than "Superverse" or "Oververse". We would need a better alternative.

Also, as SeiryuShin and DarkLK have told me, there are many words that mean different things, so it may not be a problem after all.

As for stating what dimensional level a certain character is, we already do that in addition, if possible, but we only know their exact levels in very few cases. And it looks better to have some sort of general term for these things.

The extradimensional term counts for 4D characters to 11D characters as well, and we already have categories 2-C -> 1-C for them.

While the term metaverse is incorrect per definition, it does have a much wider audience understanding.

I believe we should change any listings from Metaverse to Hyperverse, and add a link to a (freshly created) Hyperverse page defining the usage and interpretation of the term on this wiki (i.e. greater than regular 11-dimensional existence).

Would that solution work?

Maybe. Do the rest of you think that "Hyperverse" sounds okay?

"Hyper" does refer to higher dimensions such as hypercubes, so it is a fairly logical term to use.

I personally prefer Metaverse, but the Hyperverse w/ explanation could work as well.

Okay, but before making such a big change, I will have to wait for more replies.

Omniversal means all of fiction and reality. As such it doesn't make any sense to use it for any character tied to a specific franchise, as it can never affect anything outside of the copyright restrictions of the company that owns it.

DarkLK is okay with using "Hyperverse" instead: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/46836

A6colute is also okay with using it: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/46835

why not mention what dimensional power thye have (like 9-D), or if that is unknown, but we know that they are high-dimensional, why not jus call the high dimensional?

Because it doesn't sound good, and because we need a collective term for 1-B and 1-A, and certain 1-A characters are beyond dimensional space.

We also do mention what dimensional power that they have when available, and 4D-11D characters are also higher-dimensional.

@The Living Tribunal1: Exactly what Antvasima said. There are too many distinctions to make, which will leave the end result messy and confusing. For example, if a character is Multi-Planet level, should we specify exactly how many planets the character can destroy at a time?

@Antvasima: Seems like most people are willing to accept change of the term Metaverse. Hyperverse also sounds the most popular (and IMO accurate-sounding) alternative term. So, do you want to wait for more opinions, or do you want to go ahead with the change?

I will wait for Rocks75 and SeiryuShin as well. Still, currently 4 out of 6 administrators accept the change, so it seems to be okay.

Hyperverse? That's kind sound meh. I'll go with Metaverse

Also, Can there be a Xenoverse (Not the game) Where it's a set of two or more metaverses?

^ Why would your opinion be unneeded? This thread was created with the explicit intent to listen to the opinions of various community members.

Well... uh my wifi is currently broken so I'm not as active as I used to be and uh.... I don't really consider myself to be all that needed (Sorry I kinda have low self-esteem)

Well, you are a pretty active and well-behaved member, so your opinion is appreciated.

It looks like we will change it to "Hyperverse Level" and "Hyperverse Level+", but I will wait a bit longer to implement it.

@SchutzenDunkelZiel1217: I agree with Antvasima. Your opinion is not only welcome, but also appreciated. Additionally, low self-esteem and internet forums do not go well together, my friend. Unfortunate as it is, trolls be everywhere.

I see thank you. Also I have low esteem only when it come to matters I dislike, have low interest in, or don't consider myself knowledgeable enough on the subject (It's the latter for this case). So no worries there.

I have looked the term metaverse and well it is not mainly used to imply what the term would mean in a fictional battle.To avoid confusion it's better to change it as far as I'm concerned.

Okay. Since none of the remaining administrators seem to object, I think that it is safe to change all mentions of "Metaverse" to "Hyperverse" now. A6colute already seems to have started, which is very nice of him.

Well I can't seem to find anymore profiles that aren't locked or haven't already been edited that I can edit for the Hyperverse thing so I'm done I guess

Okay. I will continue to search for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back