• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mewtwo is faster than light

Worth pointing out that legendaries already massively upscale from regular Pokemon who are 0.24c, and Mewtwo is one of the faster 5-B legendaries, so this wouldn't be an outlier.

I Doubt that the problem is it being an outlier but more of them actually being lightspeed.

What move did Genisect using in that first scan?. It exploded so I'm unsure if it would be an actual lightspeed laser, especially without knowing the move that was used.

For the second, how does Technoblast look in media?.

@Sigurd Even though that is true, it appears that the Technoblast, which that Genosect used in the gif, looked like neither of any of the links with pictures that you provided.

Not taking a side but just clearing up the info here.

The move that this thread is referring to is NOT Techno Blast. It's Genesects Signal Beam.

And honestly, I'm disliking the "attack exploded, so its not real light" arguments. It's an attack, which would obviously cause explosions when used. I heavily don't agree with dismissing an attack being X just because it's doing its job and acting like an attack.

Attacks don't always need to explode though. I've seen lasers in fiction just burn holes through stuff as it would. It also doesn't meet any of the other standards for being real light.

@Xerkser Weird, I should've realized & known earlier that the attack looks unusually different from the others.

True.

@Wokistan Yea and are you sure? If we go by Xerkser's claim that this attack was Signal Beam instead of Techno Blast, the description of that attack doesn't appear to have any contradictions that deconfirms it as a beam of light. Also, I'll let the others give their input about it too.

I don't think being called light is enough.

However, Starmie does have some sort of feat where it sends radar signals (which are lightspeed) into outer space, which should be an ability in its power and abilities section (although not a scalable one)

By the way, if I remember correctly Kep calc'ed the multi Signal Beam dodging feat in the movie at like 47c assuming it was lightspeed. If we ever get enough proof the Legendaries would be upgraded to FTL+.

Starmie does have something that's lightspeed. But as you said, it's not scalable. Beheyeem also has MFTL+ stuff but again, not scalable.

WindGodAcheron said:
Kep: Gengar should be 3-A, since it can consume alternate universes.
3-A MFTL+ Pokémon is now accepted by Kep, Matt, Dragon and Azzy.

Cal woke up.
da fudge?

WindGodAcheron said:
I don't think being called light is enough.
However, Starmie does have some sort of feat where it sends radar signals (which are lightspeed) into outer space, which should be an ability in its power and abilities section (although not a scalable one)
@Wind I don't see any contradictions in the description of Signal Beam, so I'm not sure that it shouldn't be considered light speed when using said attack.

Starmie uses it to communicate with something outside of Earth which should give it an increase in range in regards to communication.

Even though some of the Legendaries aren't able to reach FTL+, FTL is not too far off.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
This isn't reliable, Technoblast can be fire, water, ice, or even electricty. Unless it has some main feature of lightspeed such as refraction I don't think this can be used.
The Drive's don't change the laser being fired in terms of it being made of light, it simply adds the element on top of the laser, lesso changing the element. For a weirder comparison, it's like adding Ketchup to a Hot Dog, the former doesn't completely change the ladder into a different food, just adds some extra flavour. Genesect's Drives work the same way.

6729807-4580993090-800px

This can be seen in the very way Genesect uses the Drive's, seen above, using the drive's moreso as a power source/enhancements for Techno Blast, rather than the Blast coming from the Drive themselves (they can use Techno Blast just fine without them, and it's not like they have any proof of changing power/speeds).

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
This isn't reliable, Technoblast can be fire, water, ice, or even electricty. Unless it has some main feature of lightspeed such as refraction I don't think this can be used.
That wasn't from the Pokedex, moves themselves don't have entries, what I showed you were in-game descriptions separate from the Pokedex, so this comment is pretty misinformed. Also why isn't the Pokedex reliable, pray tell?

Back