• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I brought up Crying Obsidian, which can't be used to make Nether Portals and is only useful for crafting.

I mean, it's actually include as game mechanic

It was for gameplay purpose so Steve can carry anything in his inventory, even the inventory itself was a game mechanic, it was same case like GTA protagonist when they can carry like 20+ firearms while they don't even using backpack

Why this kind of thing doesn't include as Game mechanic

We're not counting the things that Steve holds in his inventory, nor are we counting the stack of 64 items he can hold in one slot. Only what he's visibly shown holding at any one time.

I'm also pretty iffy on this. I can see why it could be seen as lifting strength, but a very strong argument can be made for game mechanics as well, especially when obsidian absolutely doesn't weigh that much IRL and we're using an IRL point of comparison for gold.

I'm also pretty iffy on this. I can see why it could be seen as lifting strength, but a very strong argument can be made for game mechanics as well, especially when obsidian absolutely doesn't weigh that much IRL and we're using an IRL point of comparison for gold.
Well there's also a very strong argument to be made that Obisidian in Minecraft is nothing like Obsidian in real life, so it's not fair to use real values.
Gold has less of that problem.

Yeah I'm iffy about this as well, maybe Steve should only have Class K with Equipment since he is able to create Pistons that can push that amount of weight?

I think the conclusion was that the piston not being able to push obsidian was gameplay mechanics, as obsidian have a real-life counterpart which is not 12 times denser than gold (though you could argue Minecraft obsidian is vastly different, due to how it's created compared to its real life counterpart).

My suggestion was to put this in Steve's profile as lifting strength with Equipment (Can create pistons that can push up to 12 cubic meters of solid gold).

Okay. That seems to make sense to me.

What did the other staff members here think?

It's been a while since I thought about this, but rethinking about it I think that this relies far too much on speculation about game mechanics.
Obsidian in Minecraft is very weird, and pistons can't push a lot of things that shouldn't weigh more than gold.

I'd be fine with including 12 gold blocks with pistons as optional equipment.

I added it as Class K with Equipment after FinePoint's comment, should I reverse that? I still think this is what makes the most sense here.

I do not mind. It is probably fine if that is what you agreed about.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Okay. I will do so then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back