• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Dragon Ball Super Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Everlasting

VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Okay, this has been on my mind for a while, mainly from hearing about it on the OBD, with having Super Saiyan God Goku as Universe level. I've wanted to research this for a while, but only just now got around to it.

Now, as a result of a clash between one of Beerus' energy spheres and Goku's God Kamehameha, they unleashed an explosio that would destroy the universe. Additionally, as a result of the clash, they created a ball of ultra-dense energy (Don't ask me how energy can have mass) that would destroy the universe if it dispersed. However, Beerus managed to completely nullify it by going to "100%" (He was later confirmed to be lying, but his power didn't fluctuate after that in terms of suppression. Also note that this should scale to his regular attacks, since all abilities in DB are tied to the same power source, ki). This would likely show that the Beerus that fought Goku was using universal levels of power (Which is also a good feat for Beerus himself, as he's using less than 10% of his power right now), but that's not all. Right at the end of the battle, when Beerus and Goku have another clash of "dangerous energies", Goku manages to disperse it with a punch.

This would make all "At least 3-B" or "Likely 3-A" characters in DBS plain Universe level. Since this would make some pages rather messy, this is what I have proposed.

For Goku:

Attack Potency: Universe level (Capable of fighting evenly with a held back Beerus, who nullified universe destroying energy in this state. Also destroyed a ball of energy that would have the same effect, with a simple punch. Capable of vastly enhancing his power with Super Saiyan Blue and Kaio-Ken, in addition to several years of training)

Key: Dragon Ball Super

For Vegeta:

Attack Potency: Universe level (Vastly above Super Saiyan God Goku)

Key: Dragon Ball Super

For Hit:

Attack Potency: Universe level (Stomped Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta and harmed Super Saiyan Blue Goku, his self-improvement later allowed him to match Super Saiyan Blue Kaio-Ken x10 Goku and hold an edge in the fight)

Frieza's AP reasoning wouldn't change, same with Post-Replication Black and Future Zamasu, it'd just be turned to Universe level.

And for some minor overall touchups:

Beerus:

Attack Potency: Universe level (Even when severely holding back, managed to nullify enough energy that would destroy the universe. Even after Goku and Vegeta obtained God ki, Whis stated that comparing their power to Beerus was like comparing a tree to a castle)

Thoughts and critiques are of course appreciated.

IIRC, Beerus's nullifying ability is not done through AP but its rather a hax. He did a similar feat in one of the earlier episodes. When SSJ god enhanced goku fought Beerus, Beerus was able to absorb Goku's energy just by merely touching him.

@Anime

As I addressed in the OP, all abilities in DB are derived from ki, so it's likely that Beerus' own attacks hold similar power, ditto with his durability augments.

Besides, Goku still took similarly powerful energy and dispersed it with a punch.

This doesn't seem to change much, only that we have different reasoning as to why they're ranked on that tier.

So eight supporters.

Considering how this isn't too major of an upgrade, would that be enough for a change? If so, it'll have to take place in a few hours. College will keep me from computer access for a while.

I think that 4th form Frieza (Super) should be Downgraded to 4-B and Saiyan Beyond God should be deleted.

It just bring inconsistency, since this just mean that: 1) Goku and Vegeta had this power only once, but for some reason was never used again

2) 4th Form Frieza is ridiculously stronger than 1st Form (Super). Golden Frieza being at God level is kind of reasonable, but his 4th Form? No way.

Apart from that, I agree with the Upgrade, albeit not really with the key change. Also, in other thread, we were discussing about a change about Goku SSB justification.

AidenBrooks999 said:
I think that 4th form Frieza (Super) should be Downgraded to 4-B and Saiyan Beyond God should be deleted.
It just bring inconsistency, since this just mean that: 1) Goku and Vegeta had this power only once, but for some reason was never used again

2) 4th Form Frieza is ridiculously stronger than 1st Form (Super). Golden Frieza being at God level is kind of reasonable, but his 4th Form? No way.

Apart from that, I agree with the Upgrade, albeit not really with the key change. Also, in other thread, we were discussing about a change about Goku SSB justification.
Agree with this too,since SBG doesn't exist in canon material

@Seth The name itself doesn't exist in canon. SBG is a cooler name than "Base + Super Sayian God ki"

@Aiden

1) It actually ended a lot of inconsistencies. I have no idea where you got the inconsistencies part. They likely still have it, but since its basically a watered down version of SSJB, they probably just stopped using it.

2) 1st Form Frieza (Super) wasn't even trying in his fight against Gohan, in which he is currently scaled from. Heck his very ki didn't appear if I remember correctly. If anything this suggests that 1st Form Frieza should be ranked as Unknown.

That said, this really isn't the thread for these arguments. It would be more appreciated that you both make a thread instead.

@Aiden

I didn't get screenshots, but Saiyan Beyond God as a concept does exist. Goku mentions that, when he dropped down to SSJ from SSJG, he said he doesn't feel any weaker, and Beerus said that he absorbed its power and it became a part of him, despite the time limit running out.

Regardless, it seems to be agreed upon, and I'll perform the upgrades.

The Everlasting said:
@Aiden

I didn't get screenshots, but Saiyan Beyond God as a concept does exist. Goku mentions that, when he dropped down to SSJ from SSJG, he said he doesn't feel any weaker, and Beerus said that he absorbed its power and it became a part of him, despite the time limit running out.

Regardless, it seems to be agreed upon, and I'll perform the upgrades.
Ok then, everybody should be 3-A now, or there any reason to TRULY justify that Goku nor Vegeta use SBG?

"That said, this really isn't the thread for these arguments. It would be more appreciated that you both make a thread instead."

^ In regards to SBG

AidenBrooks999 said:
Ok then, everybody should be 3-A now, or there any reason to TRULY justify that Goku nor Vegeta use SBG?
Piccolo, Magetta, Frost and the others should not be upgraded because it will cause a big inconsistence.

God Ki+Going Super Saiyan=Blue Hair

Regular Ki+ Going Super Saiyan=Gold Hair

They were not using god ki for those fights but I digress the proposed stat changes look fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back