• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Goku ability addition

What?
I talking about the restarting his own Heart, which we treat as Healing.

Why exactly It would be body control? It seems kinda redudant.
Tbh I don't even know why it would be just body control when it is confirmed that goku is dead

I think the argument for body control they are bringing is that since restarting your heart and coming back is a common feat in fiction it would qualify for it

Goku actually said he met king yemma, which means his soul had crossed over

Add this with the fact that piccolo and co couldn't revive him at all via ki healing

It's seemed to either be limited resurrection or some form of advanced healing. No idea how body control even makes a claim here
Can you bring this scan?

Even then, I think they took some liberty with the word "dead" and we don't really seen the extent of the damage the heart suffered. Also, it's a pretty common thing in fiction to restar your own heart after an attack, which should technically be impossible anyway in real life if the cardiac arrest really occurred because of super strong blunt trauma.

For the sake of clarity and simplicity, accounting for narrative and graphical limits and liberties, I wouldn't wander too far away from what is simply said, i.e. Hit stopping his heart and Goku restarting it before it was too late. Goku even had to time the move, it's not like he could have done it anytime.
Goku actually said he met king yemma, which means his soul had crossed over

Add this with the fact that piccolo and co couldn't revive him at all via ki healing

It's seemed to either be limited resurrection or some form of advanced healing. No idea how body control even makes a claim here
DBS episode 72, from 2 minutes in

He said he saw King Yemma for a second
What are your thoughts about this I think this makes it pretty clear to atleast qualify for limited reseruction

What are your thoughts about this I think this makes it pretty clear to atleast qualify for limited reseruction
I went through and found his revival of master roshi as well (from 2:15 upwards)

He first uses the ki defibrillator just as piccolo did for him, it doesn't work, then we see him change the ki on his hand, ans the exact same effect that he did to himself (the sphere expanding but not harming anything) happens and THEN roshi comes back, and then asked what happened to the angels, meaning he was heavily implied to have gone to otherworld too

So we know for a fact that it wasn't just restarting the heart in both cases

Limited resurrection seems very clear to me tbh,

I went through and found his revival of master roshi as well (from 2:15 upwards)

He first uses the ki defibrillator just as piccolo did for him, it doesn't work, then we see him change the ki on his hand, ans the exact same effect that he did to himself (the sphere expanding but not harming anything) happens and THEN roshi comes back, and then asked what happened to the angels, meaning he was heavily implied to have gone to otherworld too

So we know for a fact that it wasn't just restarting the heart in both cases

Limited resurrection seems very clear to me tbh,
I have already added the imgur for master roshi I would also add your argument to thanks

Just clarification, who is affected by this thread. Is it the Ki Manipulation page or just Goku? I think we should keep Healing via defibrillator (restart body functions) and add what's here

I don't have any complaints about limited resurrection if the characters had already crossed beyond the grave.
But if you guys don't mind me asking, what are you going to do about this being called healing in the Ki Manipulation page, if this passes? Replace healing with it?
Or are you trying to have both accepted?

I don't have any complaints about limited resurrection if the characters had already crossed beyond the grave.
But if you guys don't mind me asking, what are you going to do about this being called healing in the Ki Manipulation page, if this passes? Replace healing with it?
ki does have some healing properties so I think new scans would need to be used or it might get replaced

These are 2 different abilities tho, healing should one one side and limited resurrected on the other, Goku heals himself with ki as well in the DBS manga but I don't think he displayed this redirection ability

Imo, they should have both

Replace the current scans with DBS manga scan where Goku healed himself with Ki in Granolah Arc iirc, and also the first Cooler Movie where he healed a bird
Isn't that a different Continuity? "Limited Resurrection" I think is only for DBS Anime not Manga. I think a defibrillator is something that qualifies as a "Healing" because it can restart bodily functions that Piccolo and Goku performed previously. Then Goku does something amazing too with Ki which revives himself and Muten Roshi

Back