• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Jotaro Kujo Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was cleaning up the JoJo pages, I remembered something about one of the characters that needed to be mentioned. Jotaro Kujo's Star Platinum: The World, after receiving his Stand Disc back in Part 6, received a downgrade to E in Durability. Why did it lose Durability? Probably because Araki is a hack, or maybe it's because his body was rotting for that vegetative state. Either way, we should add a new stat and key for this version of SP:TW. Changes should pretty obvious due to every stat remaning the same outside of durability and the key, which would look like this:

Tier: 9-C, 8-B with Star Platinum | 8-B with Star Platinum: The World

Durability: City Block level (Able to take and survive a bloodlusted barrage from The World), City Block level with Star Platinum (Was able to inhale Enya's stand which covered a town with little to no trouble whatsoever). | Below Average Human Level with Star Platinum: The World (Has an E Rank grade in Durability)

Key: Pre-DIO's World | Post-DIO's World | Post-Stand Disc (I have no idea what to call this key actually, because the downgrade only happens from that point in Stone Ocean, so we can't just call it "Stone Ocean" or "Part VI". Post-Disc makes the most sense for right now.)

Again, the other stats would be the same since Durability is the only difference, so it saves me the text space to not copy/paste a copy/pasted stat. Some picture proof of the sudden stat change in Stone Ocean.

Pre-Disc SPTW
Pre-Disc

Post-Disc SPTW
Post-Disc

The downgrade seems legit, and while I don't mean to derail the thread, shouldn't Jotaro (not Star Platinum) surviving DIO's hits count as an outlier?

I suppose that this seems reasonable, but it is best to inform CrossverseCrisis about this thread.

to be fair what ever part of the stand is damaged the user is also damaged @SD

edit: but yeah i think this seems legit

Everyone and their mothers can survive hits from SP, so it's not an outlier

Also, SP having that low of a durability when his main method of attack is punching makes little sense

@Saikou

From what I remember, most of SP's punches on normal people are usually just to retire them. In contrast, the moment Jotaro went serious on Dio... well you guys know what happened.

Hmmm but that is true, it does seem rather off considering his main form of attack.

Ya do realize that stat isn't Durability right? But closer to Permanence/Staying/whatever.

Which basically counts for durability, length of effect of the Stand's ability, bounding to an object. King Crimson for example sure as hell ain't below average human but has an E because it's main ability can only effect seconds at a time.

Star Platinum post comatose may be the only one mentioned where durability actually went down (since it had an A at the start of Part 6).

Anondude90 said:
Ya do realize that stat isn't Durability right? But closer to Permanence/Staying/whatever.

Which basically counts for durability, length of effect of the Stand's ability, bounding to an object. King Crimson for example sure as hell ain't below average human but has an E because it's main ability can only effect seconds at a time.

Star Platinum post comatose may be the only one mentioned where durability actually went down (since it had an A at the start of Part 6).
But it also measures 'the Stand's endurance and level of susceptibility to damage and attacks' as quoted from the wiki

Another wrench thrown into the mix is the fact that Jotaro calls Time Stopping exhausting, unlike DIO who can spam with little consequence due to his vampiric nature. Also, didn't Jotaro's limit for his time stop flucuate over the course of the series? I believe part of that was from lack of him using it and he eventually got it back up.

Also, don't Stands and Stand User's share damage and whatnot? SP's decreased durability could be a reflection of Jotaro's highly weakened state, recovering from a coma. However, it's developmental potential also took a hit going from A to C after he learned Time Stop. Which makes sense.

TheC2 said:
However, it's developmental potential also took a hit going from A to C after he learned Time Stop. Which makes sense.
Actually it was still A until Jotaro got his Disc back

For me, if you inhale or absorb something that cover a city (or whatever), don't make you stronger. It's like if you absorb a energy that can destroy the planet, don't make you planet, you only can absorb that energy, it's like an hax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back