• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Legend of Zelda Speed Downgrades

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
This feat, which is currently used for just about the entirety of the Legend of Zelda cast, only really seems to apply to combat speed/reactions, since it compares Link's swing speed to the laser, yet currently is being used for travel speed as well... it doesn't at all make sense to me. In the blog/calc linked, its even mentioned that the one game in which you can continuously outrun them, they lack many of the properties of real lasers...

Maybe I'm just a stickler for the distinction, but I'd prefer if we used our old speed value for the travel speed of Legend of Zelda characters. Most everyone's at least on the general level of Onox- certainly anyone on par with a Beamos- so I imagine it ought to be fine.

It always only applied to combat speed and reactions; although, it really should be specified in the profiles. There was like a Supersonic speed feat for Young Link iirc? If not, everyone would at the very least have SuperHuman movement speed.

I agree, also Ganondorf travelling from the Forsaker Fortress could have been him using a portal.

Back