• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Upgrade for DDLC

"Upgrade Acausality 4 for Monika Human Form & Nep 1 Aspect 1

In DDLC, the storyline is referred to as the script.

It's important to understand that the definition of plot, according to Wikipedia, is

"the sequence of events in which each event affects the next one through the principle of cause-and-effect. The causal events of a plot can be thought of as a series of events linked by the connector "and so"."

From this, we can conclude that a plot is a sequence of events that affect subsequent events through cause and effect, or causality.

It's worth noting that Monika operates outside the plot or script.

As we can see, her existence remains unaffected even when the plot or script is disrupted. From this premise, Monika indeed operates independently from the plot or script.

as previously mentioned, the plot is a sequence of events that influence subsequent events within the principle of causality.

Monika operates outside this plot or script, meaning she also operates outside the conventional system of causality. In other words, Monika's causality system is unconventional or irregular

Also, an additional argument for the correlation between plot and causality is

"When the player accidentally catches Yuri scratching her hand with a knife, Monika performs time-reversed or causality manipulation, which makes it never happen in the "DDLC Plot."

which means that the next incident that will happen after the player catches Yuri never existed, so the DDLC storyline changes to something like this.

which started like this.

The player caught Yuri scratching his hand with a knife.
domino effect/cause, or simply because the player accidentally caught Yuri (cause), then there will definitely be a result from this action (effect), which will definitely influence the course of the DDLC storyline.

But

Monika does time-reversed or causality manipulation, which makes the cause never happen, which also eliminates the effect, and this also affects the course of the DDLC storyline, or rather, the DDLC plot.

Monika also said in the endgame that she took the trouble to change the ending of her own game, which is certain that the actions that Monika took previously affected the DDLC storyline. Also, because Monika knows that the ending of the DDLC game has changed and she is the cause, that could be additional evidence that she is not following the storyline of DDLC itself

So the conclusion is:
Acausality type 4 for Monika Human Form because she operates without following the plot, whose system follows the law of
cause and effect

and for Nep 1 aspect 1, according to Vsbw's explanation on the Soul Manipulation Page.

"Under normal circumstances, most characters are assumed to have a soul by default unless the original medium specifies otherwise. Those who do not possess soul are usually considered to be immune to most applications of Soul Manipulation."

And as we know, the fundamental aspect that forms the entire DDLC reality is "data," where this data is Concept Type 2, Information Type 2, and also Plot. (Let me use the CRT as a reference🙏)

Because this "data" forms the entire reality in DDLC and is also based on the explanation from the Soul Manipulation Page from the Vsbw wiki, we will assume that this "data" forms the "soul" in DDLC, and as we know, Monika in this Nep Form lacks data, and this data forms the soul, so Monika automatically lacks the soul

This may also scale to several other characters."

For Type 4 Acausality for the human form, I'd definitely prefer that characters getting resistances are defined from how it's portrayed in the verse, as otherwise every character that resists Plot/Fate/Time hax gets Type 4 Acausality.

But considering that how Super Sonic has Type 4 off a similar reason (other than the relationship between Time/Plot and Causality you've shown before), then I suppose that the Wiki's standards are more lax than I thought, so idrc, but I'm leaning in agreement.

About NEP Aspect 1... The reason why she doesn't have it is because of lacking the proof of the erasure affecting the soul specifically (I know it's dumb but Wiki is Wiki).

In fact, we literally have this under the NEP page:

Note: The aspects in which a character is not nonexistent in the common sense are what makes them into a 'living' character. As such, if a character with this power is reduced to a state in which they can't display any properties of something that exists (e.g. becomes unable to take any actions), they are effectively dead/erased. A consequence of that is that feats or special reasoning are required for a character with this ability to survive the complete erasure of their plane of existence, as one needs to confirm that they are able to still display some existent properties on a different plane of existence.

Soul manipulation isn't really something that DDLC has ever displayed iirc, so I'm unsure if that's enough.

Last edited:
Soul manipulation isn't really something that DDLC has ever displayed iirc, so I'm unsure if that's enough.

Yeah, but the main reason why I assume that the soul was formed by data is because of the nature of data in DDLC itself, where data is the main form of reality (as a whole), whether physical, metaphysical, or fundamental; everything is created by data; and also, Monika's character file, which was deleted, actually shows that data (physical, metaphysical, and fundamental aspects belonging to Monika) was deleted too, plus an explanation from the previous VSB wiki.

plus an explanation from the previous VSB wiki.
There's a previous VBW that gone deleted?

Regardless it's just that shit is very fucky here, with how convoluted the NEP case is here. Again, it's not like I disagree, but I don't think that by standards this can work probably, I should check some staff on this.

There's a previous VBW that gone deleted?

Regardless it's just that shit is very fucky here, with how convoluted the NEP case is here. Again, it's not like I disagree, but I don't think that by standards this can work probably, I should check some staff on this.
alright

@StrymULTRA @DarkDragonMedeus

Because Monika in her human form already has an Acausality 4, I feel that Acausality 4 from her nep form was changed to a higher degree of Acausality 4, because she is completely independent and lacks all aspects of DDLC reality. What do you think?

@StrymULTRA @DarkDragonMedeus

Because Monika in her human form already has an Acausality 4, I feel that Acausality 4 from her nep form was changed to a higher degree of Acausality 4, because she is completely independent and lacks all aspects of DDLC reality. What do you think?
Completely independent is Type 5.

Also no, she's already unbound from causality, the NEP didn't really suggest a superiority to it, just a lack which isn't that better. After all, Monika doesn't have BDE 2.

Completely independent is Type 5.

Also no, she's already unbound from causality, the NEP didn't really suggest a superiority to it, just a lack which isn't that better. After all, Monika doesn't have BDE 2.
The way a character gets Acausality 5 is completely independent from Causality, which makes it impossible for him to be interacted with conventionally because his physiology is acausal, while Monika cannot be interacted with. Normally, not because he is independent from causality but because she is NEP, Monika's requirements for getting Acausality 5 are clearly not possible, and if you say that Monika is unbound or independent from causality or DDLC plot, I don't think it's completely true, because the independent that Monika owns can still be harmed by layering plot manipulation or something similar. It should also be noted that Monika in human form, which has Acausality 4 and Resistance plot manipulation, is still in the realm of rejection or resistance. Meanwhile, Monika in Nep Form is already in the realm of immunity because she lacks data that covers all aspects of reality in DDLC.

Conclusion: Acausality 5 Monika is impossible, Monika Human Form has Resistance from Plot Manipulation and also Causality Manipulation, whereas in Nep Form Monika is already in the realm of Immunity due to Lack of so we can see that Monika previously had Acausality 4 but that was only Resistance, whereas in Nep she should have been higher because she had immunity/lack of

It should also be noted that Monika in human form, which has Acausality 4 and Resistance plot manipulation, is still in the realm of rejection or resistance. Meanwhile, Monika in Nep Form is already in the realm of immunity because she lacks data that covers all aspects of reality in DDLC.
Monika never needed her file to exist, she just finds being deleted painful due to her being always used to be physical.

The NEP stuff changed really little of that, nothing said she became a higher existence or something like that. She was never bound from the game's script/time, she showcased it many times even when existing, the NEP is just a proof of her never truly needing those rather than her ascending or similar stuff.

So I'm against a higher layer of Type 4.

Monika never needed her file to exist, she just finds being deleted painful due to her being always used to be physical.

The NEP stuff changed really little of that, nothing said she became a higher existence or something like that. She was never bound from the game's script/time, she showcased it many times even when existing, the NEP is just a proof of her never truly needing those rather than her ascending or similar stuff.

So I'm against a higher layer of Type 4.
Yep, that's right, Monika doesn't need a file (plot or causality) to live, and she is independent from it, but she can still be harmed or manipulated through plot manipulation layering or causality manipulation bypassing Acausality 4 (unconventional resistance). I think your argument makes sense "as long as" Monika in human form has immunity or lack of plot or causality, but in fact, even though Monika is independent, she is not truly independent like in the Nep Form(Immunity).

The "no soul" feels like a stretch, and the Acausality is probably type one plus what amounts to fate manipulation (if you must add that, do so).

The "no soul" feels like a stretch, and the Acausality is probably type one plus what amounts to fate manipulation (if you must add that, do so).

She already Has Acausality 1, and for Acausality 4 In simple terms, a plot is a sequence of events where the event influences subsequent events through the principle of cause and effect. Monika is independent of the plot. I'm also confused about the conclusion: why did he only get Acausality 1? I mean, what is the correlation? This plot governs causality (really all events from the beginning to the end of the game, not just the past), and Monika is independent from this.

Yep, that's right, Monika doesn't need a file (plot or causality) to live, and she is independent from it, but she can still be harmed or manipulated through plot manipulation layering or causality manipulation bypassing Acausality 4 (unconventional resistance). I think your argument makes sense "as long as" Monika in human form has immunity or lack of plot or causality, but in fact, even though Monika is independent, she is not truly independent like in the Nep Form(Immunity).
Then that's not higher Degree of Type 4 Acausality. That's just lack of history/time/plot that's already covered from the Aspect 5 of her NEP, Higher Type 4 is redundant here.

Last edited:
Type 4 is off the fact that Monika through her Time/Script manipulation could alter causality, hence bering unbound from it would mean also be unaffected from Causality as well.

Then that's not higher Degree of Type 4 Acausality. That's just lack of history/time/plot that's already covered from the Aspect 5 of her NEP, Higher Type 4 is redundant here.
I mean, bro, you should know that the highest degree of resistance is outright immunity. Even though her aspect already covers this, Monika's normal resistance is in human form, and the peak of resistance or immunity in Nep form has different levels. Even though Monika in human form is independent from data, we can see that she is still affected by the Data Delete Player effect, which means she is not really independent, whereas in Nep form she really doesn't exist.

And if, for example, Acausality 4 is applied to the Web page, then where does the Acausality 4 obtained from Nep go?

I need some staff here regarding the issue of Acausality 4 for Human Form Monika, because Nep 1 Aspect 1 is a bit... while Higher Degree Acausality 4 is still arguable, so put that aside for now.

Even though Monika in human form is independent from data, we can see that she is still affected by the Data Delete Player effect, which means she is not really independent, whereas in Nep form she really doesn't exist.
"She is independent but not really" come on now.

"She is independent but not really" come on now.
I mean, she is independent but not completely because she can still be manipulated by plot or causality, in contrast to NEP, where he is immune because he doesn't have that aspect. "Unless" she in human form has immunity, then that makes sense.

I mean, she is independent but not completely because she can still be manipulated by plot or causality, in contrast to NEP, where he is immune because he doesn't have that aspect. "Unless" she in human form has immunity, then that makes sense.
I'm talking about the latter, because this "limited immunity" is nonsense and relies on circular logic.
  • "Monika in her NEP form has Higher Degree of Type 4."
  • "Why does she have it?"
  • "Because she's actually fully independent from causality due to her being erased from plot unlike her existent self who is just baseline."
  • "Why is she just baseline while existing?"
  • "Because she's also unbound from the plot but she can still be deleted."
  • "So why is the NEP higher?"
Rinse and repeat. I'd definitely not assume Monika upscaled out of something like this, because this being unbound from the script is something she already had, the NEP form if anything just retaliates this

I'm talking about the latter, because this "limited immunity" is nonsense and relies on circular logic.
  • "Monika in her NEP form has Higher Degree of Type 4."
  • "Why does she have it?"
  • "Because she's actually fully independent from causality due to her being erased from plot unlike her existent self who is just baseline."
  • "Why is she just baseline while existing?"
  • "Because she's also unbound from the plot but she can still be deleted."
  • "So why is the NEP higher?"
Rinse and repeat. I'd definitely not assume Monika upscaled out of something like this, because this being unbound from the script is something she already had, the NEP form if anything just retaliates this
The reason Nep is greater is because she has immunity, while the human form only has resistance.

simplification

Human form can be harmful with causality manipulation bypass immunity, or layering plot manipulation.

While Nep can't, causality manipulation bypass immunity and plot manipulation bypass immunity are required, not just layers or bypass Acausality 4.

The reason Nep is greater is because she has immunity, while the human form only has resistance.

simplification

Human form can be harmful with causality manipulation bypass immunity, or layering plot manipulation.

While Nep can't, causality manipulation bypass immunity and plot manipulation bypass immunity are required, not just layers or bypass Acausality 4.
You're literally repeating the point I've said above lol.

Plus the "greater Type 4" is something that's technically something given to default to BDE beings due to them lacking spatio-temporal dimensionality, hence also a causality to follow.

You're kinda of adding a redundancy as I said.

You're literally repeating the point I've said above lol.

Plus the "greater Type 4" is something that's technically something given to default to BDE beings due to them lacking spatio-temporal dimensionality, hence also a causality to follow.

You're kinda of adding a redundancy as I said.
So what should I do? because that's the reason, right?

So in Acausality 4, which Monika got through Nep, what will be done about this?

Ok so, I thought about this and....

I disagree with Type 4 Acausality for Monika without NEP. Why? Because she's not exactly fully unbound from the story, due to your own scan saying that Monika had to work hard for her ending, thus making her still part of the story, but still as just a side character rather than a main girl that is possible to date. For Type 4 to work, Monika would have to just not exist in the Plot even while existing (similar to Orm and Bill Cipher, to say one), so yeah, make me disagree with it.

For NEP, I think that Aspect 1 is ok as a "possibly". The following justification is this (very rough but that's the best I could make):
I share similar thoughts that StyrmULTRA has.
What about this?

Back