• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirror Master vs Illuso

I'm gonna vote for Illuso. Mirror Master has the win condition of mirror shattering to win, but I don't think that will work unless he is in MM's mirror, and I don't know how often he goes for that in character. Otherwise, Illuso has the advantage of still being able to use his stand in Mirror Master's dimension, but MM's equipment becomes unusable in Illuso's. While they should both start by diving into their own repsective mirror worlds, they will probably both try and peak out of the different mirrors to try and find the other, and when they do, its not actually gonna matter that much who gets pulled into who's because Illuso won't get incapped by MM's BFR, but MM will from Illuso's.

For these reasons, I vote for illuso

Doesn't Mirror lead with BFR all the time?

Been a while since I've seen him in a comic though so I might be wrong

Why Thank You

Mirror Masters BFR leads to from what I recall is the dimension of Mirrors, a place where the reality of all mirrors and realities are present, and he's fantastic at navigating it, while Illusuo has no such expirience.

Also, MM can make a Mirror where he is if he is trapped and come back.

Also also, Prom did have an issue with assuming Illuso's power working on non stands, I'll get her real quick

No problem

Illuso should still be able to his own dimension from the mirrors in there, so there is that if nothing else

His equipment becomes unusable to anyone except illuso in there, don't forget

Well, MM's tech doesn't work because equipment in general is unusable, not because of the power null

Yeah, I don't think Illuso's ability can be assumed to work on just anyone and anything, but he can keep out Stands and physical objects. Someone whose powers are inherent to their being and require no external components would be fine, as they have no reflection to pull in or leave behind, but Mirror Master's abilities are reliant on his equipment.

Why would they not work on other things? The explanation Illuso gave was that he was leaving the "stand energy" he didn't want outside, so if this is the case, then other energies should be no different. In addition, if he can isolate someone from their limbs, then it is not so strange that he can isolate other extreme parts of them

That doesn't make any sense, being able to do something doesn't mean being able to also do something similar to a made up extent.

Sorry but that is pretty baseless. There is nothing strange on it.

No, because not all stands are just the punch ghost. There are stands like Scary Monsters, which are basically just a power on their own. If he can cut off stands, which includes them, then he can cut off things like Ki. However, if one wants to argue he cannot cut off purely biological powers, that is more reasonable, but I think that he could, it would just be very destructive like isolating the disease from his body

No one said they were all just punching ghosts, but they are all stands, soul-based stuff, it doesn't matter what powers they may have as those are based on the same.

Some stands are straight up merged with the user, so even tho they have a soul aspect, they cannot be said to be just soul based. He also locked out Purple Haze's virus, which is indeed biological

I already did that, you missed the meaning of the word "base" by saying that stands can be biological, which doesn't matter as all stands share the same property of being soul-based stuff.

But what you failed to do is explain why them all being soul based negates my point. At no point in his explanation of his powers does stands being soul based have to do with why he can leave them outside

Your point is just a NLF, his explanation of his powers doesn't need to say that stands are soul-based stuff and his powers only work on that, that makes as much sense as someone using anti-magic saying that he affects magic as well as what magic is and its properties.

Eficiente said:
Your point is just a NLF, his explanation of his powers doesn't need to say that stands are soul-based stuff and his powers only work on that, that makes as much sense as someone using anti-magic saying that he affects magic as well as what magic is and its properties.
How is it NLF for him saying that he can make people leave their powers outside, leave their powers outside? The explanation of how his powers work has nothing to do with souls, that is your headcanon

It absolutely has something to do with souls. It's only been shown to work on Stands and explicitly works on Stand energy, which is spiritual energy.

He does it to stand by cutting of stand energy, but he should be more than capable of doing so on other types of energy and abilities too. The main principle is that only that which he explicitly allows in may be let into his realm, even stands which are like a 3rd arm to their user. Stand energy is also not spiritual alone, of that you are wrong.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
He does it to stand by cutting of stand energy, but he should be more than capable of doing so on other types of energy and abilities too. The main principle is that only that which he explicitly allows in may be let into his realm, even stands which are like a 3rd arm to their user. Stand energy is also not spiritual alone, of that you are wrong.
While I am not sure about this, but this sound like conjecture and speculation if what being shown that Stands are spiritual in nature anyway.

How is it NLF for him saying that he can make people leave their powers outside, leave their powers outside?
It has shown to work on stands/spiritual energy, you want to get his powers beyond soul manip for no reason.

The explanation of how his powers work has nothing to do with souls, that is your headcanon
This is outright wrong, stands are spiritual energy, thus it has to do with souls. That part really seems to make sh*t up to tire the opposition, I don't see how you can honestly believe that his powers have nothing to do with souls.

Eficiente said:
It has shown to work on stands/spiritual energy, you want to get his powers beyond soul manip for no reason. This is outright wrong, stands are spiritual energy, thus it has to do with souls. That part really seems to make sh*t up to tire the opposition, I don't see how you can honestly believe that his powers have nothing to do with souls.
Because the explanation for how his powers work involved nothing to do with them being spiritual, at all

No, his explanation works with cutting stuff off. He makes no mention of their spiritual nature having anything to do with it. I'm not making anything up, and because his explanation says nothing about spiritual powers or souls, just that he only allows certain things in and not other things. He makes no mention of souls, so it is pure conjecture to think it has anything to do with them

[Insert here the stuff said by Prom and me you keep ignoring.]

I already removed the power null you put on his notable attacks/techniques without a CRT back when Prom said he didn't have that.

Eficiente said:
I already removed the power null you put on his notable attacks/techniques without a CRT back when Prom said he didn't have that.
It wasn't technically power null anyway, so whatever. The mechanics still don't change. Also, when did you remove it?

It's unknown because we don't know what level of MFTL+ to give him

Seriously, dude can contend with Wonder Woman yet also contend with a bloodlusted Black Flash

Back