• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misc Dalek and Cybermen profile clean-ups

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
Cyberme:

• Powers and abilities
    • Reactive evolution (There's another part where the Cybermen get electrocuted, but they then become immune to it.)
    • Flight - See episode "Death in Heaven"
  • Intelligence - Add more detail (Add some details in about the Cyber Planner)
Daleks:

• Keys
    • Change "On-Foot" to "Battle Tank" (which makes more sense imho)
    • Change "Time War Daleks" to "With Technology"
  • Powers and abilities
  • Attack/Techniques - Just add some more in depth explanation to the abilities
  • Previous revision
Should "Class" get its own verse page like Torchwood has? Or should it have it's own section of profiles on the Doctor Who page?

The Dalek changes seem fine, but I am uncertain about the Cybermen.

Here is what I propose for the Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Death ray - A energy weapon used by most Daleks as their primary offence. This weapon often caused its victims to feel immense pain just before they died.
  • Life extractio - A technique used to gain information from an enemy by scanning brainwaves with a Dalek's manipulator arm. This process would kill the victim.
  • Emergency Temporal Rift (Space-Time Teleport) - This process would teleport a Dalek to a random location in time and space, although it would use up a lot of power to do this.
What should I clarify about the Cybermen?

I do not have the impression that they are generally portrayed to possess reactive evolution, or that most of them can fly.

I see. The reactive evolution and the flying is only specific to the Mk7.

I think the reactive evolution could be a one off for the specific episode (Nightmare in Silver). The only thing that would contradict this is a short fight on Trenzalore (episode "The Time of the Doctor") where there's a short clip of the Silence electrocuting a Mk7 Cyberman.

The flying was only introduced in "Dark Water"/"Death in Heaven". We've had no other Cybermen episodes since (iirc).

LoyalservantofInti said:
They also have their own version of TARDISes called DARDISes that would make them High 1-C
Do they have 11-D matrices like a normal TARDIS?

LoyalservantofInti said:
Probably, since they could fight the time lords with them and bypass the transduction barrier.
Can you show proof?

"In the audio Genesis Machine, the Daleks steal Time Lord data. In The Time of the Daleks, we learn this data is on, among other things, Transduction Barriers and Eyes of Harmony"

This?

I do not think that we use audio dramas to scale from, unless the information within is referenced in the main show.

I am uncertain. It would likely open up for too much work in scaling all of the Doctor Who profiles from every obscure audio drama in existence.

This is from we have on the verse page here:

"(Note: These profiles cover Expanded Universe profiles, as well as for the main continuity show.)"

Hmm. Well, in that case, I suppose that we can probably incorporate it.

Heres what the Dalek page should look like:

Tier: 9-A | At least 5-B | At least 3-C, possibly 3-A, 2-A via chain reaction, Possibly High 1-C

Powers and Abilities:
Death ray, can extract life with plunger, disintegration, Time Travel, Teleportation, Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Flight

Attack Potency: Small Building level | At least Planet level | At least Galaxy level, possibly Universe level (With the Apocalypse Element), Multiverse level+ (Via chain reaction by setting off a bomb in the Medusa cascade), High Complex Multiversal level (With a DARDIS core. However, this cannot be used for regular offensive purposes)

Durability: At least Small Building level | At least Planet level | High Complex Multiverse level (Stole the technology to create 10D Transduction barriers)

Key: Dalek Battle Tank | Dalek Warships | With Technology

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

• Death Ray: A energy weapon used by most Daleks as their primary offence. This weapon often caused its victims to feel immense pain just before they died.
  • Life Extraction: A technique used to gain information from an enemy by scanning brainwaves with a Daleks manipulator arm. This process would kill the victim.
  • Emergency Temporal Rift (Space-Time Teleport): This process would teleport a Dalek to a random location in time and space, although it would use up a lot of power to do this.
Any objections/queries?

Well, the Time Lords are only High 1-C via the TARDIS cores. They have not demonstrated anywhere near that high offensive capacities, as far as I remember, so unless the Daleks have TARDISes, I do hot think that we can scale them that high.

Loyal mentioned that they have their own versions called a DARDIS

"A Dalek time machine, sometimes called a Dalek time ship, was roughly comparable in abilities to a Time Lord TARDIS. It was dimensionally transcendent and created for the express purpose of chasing the First Doctor through time and space."

Hmm. Perhaps "Possibly High Complex Multiverse level (With a DARDIS core. However, this cannot be used for regular offensive purposes)" then?

However, if their time ships truly had the same capabilities as the Doctor, couldn't they technically explode it to end the multiverse at any time they wish? And considering that they do, in fact, wish that, it does not seem to make sense.

Antvasima said:
However, if their time ships truly had the same capabilities as the Doctor, couldn't they technically explode it to end the multiverse at any time they wish? And considering that they do, in fact, wish that, it does not seem to make sense.
Technically if they did do that then there'd be no plot. It's simple convenience of story. Plus, I'm pretty sure all DARDISes are stuck in the Time War.

Okay. Perhaps we should go with the following suggestion then?

"Possibly High Complex Multiverse level (With a DARDIS core. However, this cannot be used for regular offensive purposes)"

That seems reasonable.

I can edit my above post, and then add that to their profile if we are in agreement.

Okay. I will check if the Daleks page is unlocked.

Changes are made, thanks for the help with that.

Since it seems that the newer Cybermen are a lot different from the older versions, if we can have a separate key specifically for the Mk7 can we implement the new stats?

From what I've seen from the new trailer, it looks like there's no Cybermen episodes this season either, we can't tell if any abilities are episode specific.

Possibly. When did they show up exactly?

Okay. And are have their abilities been consistently portrayed? In addition, reactive evolution is far more generic. Perhaps flight and resistance to electricity would be more reasonable?

Flight hasn't shown to be contradictory yet so that can be added. Resistant to electricity should be fine as a Cyberman was being attacked by a Silence, and I don't think it was doing much iirc.

Okay. Feel free to add resistance to electricity and flight to their abilities then.

Back