• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK Legends Scalling and Feats

Hello

Today I want to finally bring the discussion about the animated movie, Scorpion's Revenge, which for now only has Scorpion's profile, so to avoid problems yes this is basically a complete spoiler thread, so if you didn't watched and you like MK, go and watch it, it's a damn good movie that mixes Scorpion's arc and MK1 in a very good way with lots of blood and violence. That said, let's go into the overall scalling here, with Ap and Speed feats, surprisingly, the movie has great feats (For MK that is) and a few good haxes, I'll talk about every major character in the movie, list the feats (if he has) and then the scalling around each character, so we can safely scale them

- Scorpion

The main character, Scorpion is Netherrealm/Quan Chi's champion for the MK tournament, which already sets him on high regard, he has multiple casual 9-B feats such as absolutely tearing humans apart, breaking Molloch's knee with a punch, crushing skulls, destroying pillars and breaking rocks. He also is capable of blizting trained people and moving like a blur (Subsonic), also reacted to bullets. In the end he instantly reduced Quan Chi body and armor to just bones, which is 9-A by Common Feats page, he also can rip human spines and even three of them at once, which is Class K

• Scorpion fought and defeated Sub-Zero (Didn't had that many problems) and Quan Chi (This one was a close fight), aside from multiple Lin Kuei jobbers
  • During the Tournament, him and Liu kang where the notable ones, despite Sonya and Cage having their own feats
  • One shot Goro in the end with his spear (Piercing damage), Goro was distracted but that doesn't make him less durable
  • Could surprise and restrain Shang Tsung and threat his life, to the point that Shang Tsung did what Scorpion said to him
  • Fought and defeated a whole army of demons while extremely wounded and without rest

- Sub-Zero

Sadly he doesn't have much screen time, and his feats against Hanzo can't be used since it was Quan Chi

• Managed to give Scorpion a good fight and could harm him
  • Casually fodderized Kano, who couldn't react to his kick aswell, and Kano scales to a bunch of people (i'll talk about them)

- Quan Chi

His only main fight is against Scorpion in the end, however he did froze him in the beggining (which is not 9-A since it didn't froze him completely), and endured multiple hits from Scorpion in their fight and one against Hanzo in Hell (which cracked a stone pillar)

• Defeated and killed Hanzo, however he had Satoshi as hostage, also killed multiple Shirai Ryu
  • Fought against Scorpion and is capable of breaking his bones
  • Can use electricity, portals, summon energy swords, and when disguised as other fighters he apparently can use their powers aswell, his TK absolutely destroyed Hanzo (Quan Chi implies that he's stronger in the Netherrealm...which makes total sense, even more after he lost to Scorpion outside of it) and he can also project illusions
  • Should be stronger than his demon minions such as Molloch

- Liu Kang

He has good feats in the movie for Ap and speed, like Scorpion he can effortlessly destroy humans, perceive bullets in slow motion, and he is Raiden's main champion which already puts him higher than Sonya and Cage

• Fought and easily defeated Kitana
  • Fought Goro for a while and did damage to him when Jax couldn't even move him, his Fire Kick broke a pillar (Calced at 9-B+), however when Goro went serious, Kang didn't had a chance
  • Could react to Raiden, but he was likely holding back
  • While weaker, he was faster than Goro and moved like a blur in their fight

- Kitana

Fough against Liu kang and gave him some trouble, should scale to the overall casual 9-B feats

- Goro

A complete beast

• Ultra stomped Jax and took his arms
  • Comparable to Liu Kang while casual, defeated him when serious
  • Scorpion calls him "a monster", and don't see any chance or hope for Liu and the others against Outworld because of that
  • Is the Outworld champion each puts him above Reptile and Baraka, that don't include Scorpion since he only went to the Tournament that year

- Sonya

One of Earth champions, can casually overpower peak humans and had extensive military training, can withstood a beating from multiple monsters and even being lauched to a pillar, cracking it in the process

• Fought and defeated Reptile
  • Can dodge bullets and even take Cage away from them

- Reptile

Doesn't have much screen time, but lol it was enough to give good feats, then died to Sonya

• Cutted a thicc tree in half with a single blow (Calced at 9-B)
  • Dodged a bullet from Sonya that was a few cms from his face (Easy Supersonic)
  • Can spit acid and turn invisble (the Klassics)

- Baraka

Ehhh appears, destroys some wooden stuff, died

- Cage

Most of the movie he is just a comical character, but in the end, he actually has some feats

- Fough and defeated monsters that could overpower Sonya, basically this

- Jax

Didn't had many stuff besides being stomped by Goro, but he is considered Sonya's superior and he could harm Kano, who can fight Sonya

- Kano

Can fight Sonya, pretty simple

- Shang Tsung

He's actually interesting, Quan Chi didn't dared to attack him face to face and was easily overpowered by him, which should put Shang Tsuang above Scorpion aswell

• He's magic can be used for Teleportation, BFR, Fire constructs that can restrain Quan Chi
  • Likely superior to Goro as he is his superior
  • Raiden directly stated that his power was what sustained his Island, which going by the new standards for this type of stuff, qualifies as a feat, however doesn't scale to physicals

- Raiden

The beast of the beasts

• Uses natural lightning some times
  • Casually swatted Goro away, putting him to a nice nap
  • Shang Tsung didn't dared to fight him after the Tournament was over
  • When he visited Liu Kang at the white lotus, a thunderstorm happened

As you guys can see, not everyone scale to everyone, the scalling is bit more complicated than that, so i'll summarize here:

Reptile has a likely solid 9-B feat, which scales to Baraka, Sonya, Cage, Jax and Kano

Liu Kang is stronger than them as the main chosen fighter

Goro is even stronger than him

Shang tsung is stronger than Goro and Quan Chi

Raiden is stronger than Shang Tsung

Then there is the other part of the scalling:

Reptile has a likely solid 9-B feat, which scales to baraka, Sonya, Cage, Jax and Kano

Sub-Zero casually trashed Kano and fought Scorpion, who has already calced 9-B feats on his own

Scorpion defeated Bi Han and then Quan Chi, by scorching his body and armor, whoch is already also calced at 9-A

What we don't know is how Scorpion and Quan Chi compare to Liu Kang and the rest of the scalling after him, sure Scorpion killed Goro and could kill Shang Tsung, however with the Spear, which is piercing damage and doesn't scale to physicals, so I believe Scorpion and Liu Kang shouldn't scale to each other

The sheer scalling should be like this:

Raiden >>>> Shang Tsung > Goro > Liu Kang ? Scorpion ? Quan Chi > Sub Zero > Kano = Cage, Sonya, Jax > Reptile

Also worth saying that Reptile didn't destroyed the whole tree, just cut it in half, so it's not the full 9-A calc in the common feats page

Well that's it, with all that information in mind, my suggestion to their tiers is:

Scorpion: At least Wall level (Stronger than fighters like Reptile, who can cut trees in half, crushed multiple human skulls, which takes this much energy, broke a giant's knee with a single punch, annihilated a group of Lin Kuei ninjas when enraged and when he still was human, fought and defeated Quan Chi), Small Building level with his Spear (Could one shot Goro and break his skull, who could defeat Liu Kang and Jax), and with Fire Breath (Quickly burned Quan Chi body and armor, which requires this much energy)

Sub-Zero: At least Wall level (Fought against Scorpion and managed to harm him, casually overpowered Kano), higher with Cryomancy (His Ice constructs can block Scorpion's Spear)

Quan Chi: At least Wall level (Fought against Scorpion in Shang Tsung's throne room and managed to overpower him at some point), possibly higher in his domain (Implied to be stronger in the Netherrealm)

Liu Kang: Wall level+ (Broke a pillar in his fight against Goro, who easily overpowered Jax, stronger than the other Earthrealm fighters)

Kitana: Possibly Wall level (Could fight and give Liu Kang some trouble, however he was holding back)

Goro: At least Wall level+, likely Small Building level (Easily defeated Jax and Liu kang after getting serious)

Sonya: Wall level (Fought and defeated Reptile, who can cut trees in half)

Reptile: Wall level (Can cut a tree in half)

Cage: Wall level (Fought against a group of monsters that could overpower Sonya)

Jax: Wall level (Should be stronger than Sonya as her superior, could harm Kano)

Kano: Wall level (Can fight Sonya and harm her)

Shang Tsung: Unknown physically, Small Building level (Likely stronger than Goro, casually overpowered Quan Chi, should be stronger than anything Scorpion can do, as Quan Chi wanted to avoid fighting him), possibly far higher with Magic (As stated by Raiden, Shang Tsung's sheer power sustains his Island)

Raiden: Small Building level, possibly far higher (Can fight Liu Kang physically while likely holding back, casually knocked Goro out with a wave of his hand, can create lightning and Shang Tsung didn't dared to fight him when unrestricted by the Mortal Kombat rules), possibly City level Enviromental Destruction (Implied to be capable of creating thunderstorms)

Now guys, please consider Reptile's tier as a placeholder for now, because I'll ask for a proper calc, so him and who scales directly (Sonya, Cage, Jax and Kano) can have a different tier, depending on the result, we are just looking at their scalling

The other guys are already fine since their feats are already calced at the Common feats page, including Scorpion's 9-B and 9-A feats that scale to Quan Chi, Shang Tsung and Raiden, aswell as Liu Kang feats against Goro, however the pillar one I'll also ask a calc, can be 9-A which upgrades them a bit

About speed, basically everyone will scale to Reptile dodging bullets at point blank, which will be at least Supersonic+, if not higher, however for movement we only have Scorpion and Liu Kang moving like a blur (Subsonic), which only scales to Goro, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung and Raiden. Scorpion also has a feat calced at High Hypersonic, which scales to Quan Chi and Sub-Zero (Only Combat and Reaction). Raiden has Massively Hypersonic+ attack speed with Lightning (Nobody reacted to it)

After the calcs, I'll make their profiles (yes, all of them, because I love MK and making profiles lol)

Updated: The APs and speed are now based on the calcs

Last edited:
Solid work

I’m unsure of Liu’s Pulled bust as being with his ability but I can live with it

Raiden and Shang should probably get an Unknown Physically since they don’t really have any physical feats and their stuff so far seems to be based on their powers

Solid work

I’m unsure of Liu’s Pulled bust as being with his ability but I can live with it

Raiden and Shang should probably get an Unknown Physically since they don’t really have any physical feats and their stuff so far seems to be based on their powers
That remembers me, Raiden casually kicked Liu Kang in the beggining of the movie, he has physical feats

Shang Tsung indeed it's only Magic based for now, I'll edit it

There is a good chance the pillar fragmentation feat would yield 9-A (barely), so it should be a priority to calc it.

Otherwise, I estimate the Reptile tree feat is Wall level+ which we can calc as supporting feat.

Scorpion had a slow-mo scene where he teleported when assault rifle bullets were at point-blank range from his face, which might upgrade reactions beyond Hypersonic.

There is a potential Tier 8 freezing feat from Quan Chi, which we can use to scale his magic:
c7d1Pzw.png

I already asked a calc for them, currently waiting

I believe Quan Chi's Magic can't be used tho, he didn't froze Hanzo completely, and the 9-A calc for that only applies when you freeze everything in the human body

Still scales higher than his physicals since it could overpower Hanzo

Just realized that Liu Kang's bullet dodging feat has him reacting to bullets from nearly every angle around him, that's definitely higher than Supersonic+. Not to mention that when he did that, you can hear his heartbeat slowing down. I don't know what that means in the context of the movie, but to me that could mean that the feat was either casual since lowering's one heartbeat usually means focusing in battle (that's what I usually think about in movies with martial arts) or the slow mo effect was just kicking in for cool points.

Also while Scorpion reacting to gunfire with teleportation is impressive, we can't really calculate that kind of feat since it's teleportation which is instant meaning there's no number to use in calcs which makes it hard or just impossible to do.

Yeah Liu's feat is definitely wild

As for Scorpion we did quantify it for Castiel's page (Its why he's MHS) but i definitely agree there are better feats to use

In Castiel's case it was done because he perceived and searched an entire town with Teleportation, I dunno if Scorpion was similar to a lower degree

Well, Liu Kang's feat is surely higher than Supersonic+, worth a calc, anyone knows someone who can do it ?

We need to calc:
  • Reptile cutting a tree in half
  • Reptile dodging a bullet
  • Liu Kang destroying a pillar
  • Quan-Zero freezing Scorpion
  • Liu Kang reacting to bullets

I did the Reptile tree, the Liu Kang pillar, and Scorpion bullet calcs since I find them pretty easy. They are minor calcs and imo the freezing feat and the Liu Kang bullet calcs are the only ones complicated enough to warrant their own blog (unless we simplify the ice into a cone or something). I'll see if I can do the Reptile bullet calc later before putting them all into a blog.

Obviously, assuming the roughly circular tree is perfectly circular for simplification.

grNERSf.png

Average height of human head is around 24 cm or 0.24 m. Which means that the diameter of the tree is: (620 x 0.24)/185 = 0.80
With this diameter, the area of a circular cross section is: π x (0.80/2)^2 = 0.50 m^2

There are different types of woods in forest trees, all with different tensile strength, so I'll use Matweb to get the tensile strength for some famous forest trees:

Oak: 5.5 MPa
Beech: 7 MPa
Maple: 4 MPa
Birch: 6.3 MPa
Willow: 2.96 MPa
Cedar: 1.5 MPa
Pine: 2.1 MPa
Hickory: 4.69 MPa
Elm: 4.6 MPa

I'll use 4 MPa tensile strength since it is realistic. Shear Strength is estimated to be 60% of Tensile Strength, so it would be: 4 x 0.6 = 2.4 MPa = 2400000 Pa

We can get the force by multiplying pressure with the area: 2400000 x 0.5 = 1200000 N

Finally, we can get the energy by multiplying the force with the diameter: 1200000 x 0.8 = 960000 J

Much lower than expected, I also thought the tensile strength of wood would be higher, but still Wall level. I guess this can work as a reference that chopping a normal tree = Wall level.

Using the average height of human head of 24 cm, or 0.24 m, for pixel scaling.

vOotbkQ.png

Diameter of Pillar: (221 x 0.24)/42 = 1.263 m

W41vKzl.png

Height of fragmented section: (420x 0.24)/50 = 2.016 m

Volume of cylinder: π x (1.263/2)^2 x 2.016 = 2.526 m^3 or 2526000 cm^3

Fragmentation value is x8 J/cm^3, which means that the feat yields: 2526000 x 8 = 20208000 J

If you look closely through the smoke, there are actually significant sections of the pillar that doesn't get smashed at the bottom and top, so it very slightly misses 9-A. Wall level+. But hey, if someone physically stronger shows up we can probably upscale him to 9-A (Maybe starting with Goro and Scorpion's spear?).

We can get Scorpion's reaction from acquiring how much timeframe he had to teleport when the bullets were point blank from his face. Scorpion slightly tilts his head when the bullets were almost touching his face, which confirms that he didn't just leave a decoy.

It looks to me like the bullets were around 5 cm away from Scorpion's face when he tilted his head, but I'll also use values of 10 and 20 cm. The mercenaries are using some futuristic assault rifle, so I'll just give the bullets a velocity of 800 m/s (in line with muzzle velocities of assault rifles; AK47: 715 m/s, M4: 910 m/s, FN SCAR: 870 m/s):

5 cm: 0.05/800 = 0.0000625 s [High Hypersonic perception]

10 cm: 0.1/800 = 0.000125 s [Hypersonic+ perception]

20 cm: 0.2/800 = 0.00025 s [Hypersonic+ perception]

High Hypersonic

That's even higher than expected XD

Thanks for the calcs, Liu Kang is Wall+ then and Goro and who scales to him are 9-A, since Goro kinda destroyed Liu Kang when serious

Question, does anyone in the movie react to Scorpion's teleport attacks? I don't recall anyone catching or reacting to Scorpion's teleport attacks, and if they did then they should scale to that feat. But if they don't then we might have to use a different feat (Liu and Reptile's bullet timing feats)

Only Sub-Zero and Quan Chi could actually tag Scorpion directly, then Shang Tsung could attack Quan Chi before he could react, which also scales to Raiden

Only them scale to High Hypersonic

Liu Kang has his own feat (which is actually similar to Scorpion's) and scales to Goro, Shang Tsung also scales, so if Liu's feat is higher than Scorpion's, then Shang and Raiden scale here

Reptile has his own feat that scales to the lower tiers (Sonya, Cage, Jax, Kano, Baraka, etc)

Kitana should get a possibly scale

Only Sub-Zero and Quan Chi could actually tag Scorpion directly, then Shang Tsung could attack Quan Chi before he could react, which also scales to Raiden

Only them scale to High Hypersonic

Liu Kang has his own feat (which is actually similar to Scorpion's) and scales to Goro, Shang Tsung also scales, so if Liu's feat is higher than Scorpion's, then Shang and Raiden scale here

Reptile has his own feat that scales to the lower tiers (Sonya, Cage, Jax, Kano, Baraka, etc)

Kitana should get a possibly scale
Do you mean they actually caught an attack that Scorpion did via teleportation? If they're just reacting to normal attacks like his punches or sword swings then they don't count. The rest is fine, depending on the scaling we're going for.

They reacted/blocked and dodged to Scorpion's teleport+attack, if you watch Sub Zero's fight for example, the very beggining is Scorpion teleporting to him and Bi Han blocking his kick, later Scorpion teleports behind him and tries to stab the ninja, but Bi Han creates a clone to block it while his body dodges it

However, the calc isn't about the teleport, but Scorpion's reaction time in order to use the teleport, so I guess actually managing to hit him before he can react should already qualifies, however both options work

Regarding the Reptile dodge feat, looking at it frame by frame, it appears to be an aim dodge; Reptile has already moved out of the way before the muzzle flash is seen. (Also, a funny inconsistency is that in the previous shot reptile is seen touching the pistol's barrel with his forehead, and then he is seen a bit further away)
Sonya is still a bullet timer as seen in the Black Dragon mercs fight.

Published the blog, and made an evaluation request.

No, he scales to Scorpion basically

That's why I plan on adding the calc based profiles first, which is Goro (not a calc but scalling for him is important since he upscales from Liu Kang and then Scorpion' spear can break his skull) and then Reptile (His calc was rejected so I'm waiting)

I just made a blog for Sub Zero because lol I like him

And I'm making a Upgrade CRT for the Games

Bruh, that's...way higher than I expected

Going by his fight against Scorpion, I dunno if we can scale, he actually took some spells from Quan Chi (An Electricity Manipulation one), but can we link that to his Ice stuff ?

Inb4 Legends Cast > Netherrealm Cast

We just need to check for outliers like characters who scale to them being unable to break stuff at 8-A because this feat is insanely high, but if there's none then it's cool

If this feat is accepted I can see this scaling to all of their physical stats

Well Shang Tsung and Raiden certainly scale higher than him, I don't remember anything going against them having this rating

Now, Scorpion had Goro at high regard and Liu Kang was able to fight him, he has that 9-B+ feat but unsure if it locks him in that tier

Back