• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PaChi2 said:
But you dont have a calc with the size of the star and such, dont you?
http://www.projectrho.com/public_ht...orted_Apocalypses--Exploding_Stars--Supernova

Novae are impressive but Supernovae are the real deal. A nova will poot off a pathetic one ten-thousandth of its mass in the explosion, with a supernova it is pretty darn close to 100%. The mass will be traveling in all directions at about 30,000 kilometers per second, 10% the speed of light.

Blasted cataclysm will briefly outshine the entire galaxy. In a few months a supernova will emit as much energy as Sol will over its entire lifetime. Type I or type II supernovae emit about 1 Foe (about 1044 joules).

While novae happen multiple times to a star, a given star can only go supernova once. There isn't much left except for a little neutron star or black hole, it is not going to explode again.

Fully disagree with this for the reasons listed by everyone up above.

I think it's fine to disagree but not with most of the reasons above.

Yea some of the arguments have been debunked by 100th Hokage.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
M3X said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
There is no supernova here and he didn't bust a planet. The planet was destroyed as in the tree drained the planet of everything thus it is destroyed.
Yeah now I agree with that. I was talking with Astral about thid Tree stuff and I have the same interpretation of the statement as you
I don't understand how there even was any other interpretation of this.
I mean, it doesn't explicitly say planet bust or forcing the supernova by his own power.
I still want to see am argument to debunk this

if this is not mistranslation than novel momo is 4-B lol

If star does mean planet thats a 5-B potentially however by living on a star could mean solar system. Anyways that from movie novelisation.

You know, you should post a source.

Edit - Looked up the source myself, and it's nonsense.

This is from Bouto Movie Novel and it doesn't say anything about solar systems... And the star they're talking about is the planet obviously. Unless some of you think people live on the sun.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBattleIndex/comments/5gagf0/momoshiki_ohtsutsuki/
So ignoring that you got any rebuttals? To my main argument about the supernova.

Not sure what more you want me to say? Isn't gonna get accepted so I'll leave it at that.
why's that? and don't say assumptions you assuming much more via thinking the Supernova cataclysm happen randomly and spontaneously which is impossible Or Your assuming momoshiki had been harvesting and on that planet for millions of years which makes no sense

M3X said:
IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
M3X said:
There is no supernova here and he didn't bust a planet. The planet was destroyed as in the tree drained the planet of everything thus it is destroyed.
Yeah now I agree with that. I was talking with Astral about thid Tree stuff and I have the same interpretation of the statement as you
I don't understand how there even was any other interpretation of this.
I mean, it doesn't explicitly say planet bust or forcing the supernova by his own power.
I still want to see am argument to debunk this

Just for reference theres just a many multi continental feats for Narutoverse as there is solar system ones. Two. One from Kaguya one from Momoshiki. Also the kaguya creation feat which is at least large star level.

Seriously the scaling for Momoshiki is more than enough to get him to 4B, he has consistent statements that put him above Kaguya who's creation and destruction of her dimension is at least 4C - 4B, has created his own dimension that contains a star and of course the supernova argument shown here as well thats more than enough honestly

A dying star emits synchrotron radiation as well. In fact it specifically says that it's a dying star. It hadn't Supernova'd yet less Momoshiki wouldn't have a planet to be on.

2nd you claim Momoshiki is the one who caused it, but where did you get this from? Because he was there and harvested all those God Trees from the planet? Being there =/= Being the cause, for all we know and what's most likely, the Star was already red and dying when Momoshiki got there, he wasn't responsible for anything but the god trees.

Hst master said:
A dying star emits synchrotron radiation as well. In fact it specifically says that it's a dying star. It hadn't Supernova'd yet less Momoshiki wouldn't have a planet to be on.

2nd you claim Momoshiki is the one who caused it, but where did you get this from? Because he was there and harvested all those God Trees from the planet? Being there =/= Being the cause, for all we know and what's most likely, the Star was already red and dying when Momoshiki got there, he wasn't responsible for anything but the god trees.
The supernova cataclysm(explosion) had happened because the synchrotron radiation which is from the brightness increase during that, the destroyed atmosphere, the sun that had reduced in size and the red aurora due to the event.

The sun was still dying post cataclysm understand that it still had to become a neutron star then dissipate

Finally momoshiki was alone on that planet and a supernova had cataclysmed without the prior stages. That is not possible unless someone or something make it cataclysm. He had harvest the world prior when it population was alive.

How stupid would he have to be to go to a planet that's supernova'd? It'd make no sense since the people there wouldn't be alive. Especially a world with such a "low civilisation level", but later deems it a "worthless heap". Also think about it the writer brought it up for a reason and put so much emphasis on the aftermath. The scene was so important they adapted it into the anime.

Hst master said:

I'm going to finish your argument here. The explosion is the thing that hold the potency and synchrotron radiation comes from it.

https://www.newscientist.com/articl...supernova-sends-shockwaves-through-astronomy/

Another interesting argument could be momoshiki's parallel dimension resides in a different dimension than Earth, and as such is only accessible from there using space―time ninjutsu. The planet's air is breathable, the planet appears to have no native life forms: remnants of dead forests dot the otherwise barren landscape. Thick, red clouds surround the planet. However there is still light despite this. I wonder how the forests once grew?

The supernova cataclysm(explosion) had happened because the synchrotron radiation which is from the brightness increase during that, the destroyed atmosphere, the sun that had reduced in size and the red aurora due to the event.

The sun was still dying post cataclysm understand that it still had to become a neutron star then dissipate

This makes no sense. A Star doesn't go back to being a Red Star post Supernova, it either becomes a Neutron Star or a Black Hole, this one has done neither and quite literally nothing you've said contradicts what I've said, that a dying star also gives off Synchrotron Radiation. This is also assuming the planet that is very close to said star tanked a supernova.

Finally momoshiki was alone on that planet and a supernova had cataclysmed without the prior stages. That is not possible unless someone or something make it cataclysm. He had harvest the world prior when it population was alive.

This doesn't prove he did anything at all. Again it could very easily had already been dying before he got there, it wasn't perfectly fine and then magically started dying. Like I said before being there =/= being the cause.

Hst master said:

This makes no sense. A Star doesn't go back to being a Red Star post Supernova, it either becomes a Neutron Star or a Black Hole, this one has done neither and quite literally nothing you've said contradicts what I've said, that a dying star also gives off Synchrotron Radiation. This is also assuming the planet that is very close to said star tanked a supernova.

This doesn't prove he did anything at all. Again it could very easily had already been dying before he got there, it wasn't perfectly fine and then magically started dying. Like I said before being there =/= being the cause.
Ok lets break your argument again, It takes months for a star to become a neutron star post cataclysm, and this star in particular had recently gone through its cataclysm. Hence it was still dying.

I've already proved that the planet doesn't need to get destroyed by the cataclysm however it destroyed its atmosphere. Because of the sun loosing most its mass the orbit of isn't fixed anymore. The planet is free to wander anywhere in space. So your assumption is irrelevant since it doesn't matter or prove anything. It honestly depends how close the planet is and other variables. https://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/supernove-distance So that should debunk that notion.

Like I said I could not have easily been dying prior to his arrival. READ CAREFULLY. When he came there was an atmosphere since there was a civilisation there we he harvested. Now there isn't any atmosphere because of the Cataclysm. Do you understand Now?

Ok lets break your argument again, It takes months for a star to become a neutron star post cataclysm, and this star in particular had recently gone through its cataclysm. Hence it was still dying.

And a star will not go back to being a Red Star post Supernova. It's physically impossible given that all that's left is the core and so it'll either become a Neutron Star or a Black Hole.

I've already proved that the planet doesn't need to get destroyed by the cataclysm however in destroyed its atmosphere. So that should debunk that notio

No you haven't, all you said was that earth would be fine if our Sun supernova'd which is grossly false. It'd either be destroyed or the force would send it out of orbit. This planet Momoshiki is on has done neither since it very obviously is still orbiting the dying star.

Like I said I could not have easily been dying prior to his arrival. READ CAREFULLY. When he came there was an atmosphere since there was a civilisation there we he harvested. Now there isn't any atmosphere because of the Cataclysm. Do you understand Now?

A. You haven't proven there's no atmosphere as there's nothing to say there isn't and is soley based on your claim that a supernova occurred.

B. Occams Razor, we go with what takes the least assumptions which is that the star was already dying naturally instead of just saying Momoshiki did it through some unexplained, unknown, off screen method just because he was there.

And a star will not go back to being a Red Star post Supernova. It's physically impossible given that all that's left is the core and so it'll either become a Neutron Star or a Black Hole.

Yes which take months for a star to become a neutron star

No you haven't, all you said was that earth would be fine if our Sun supernova'd which is grossly false. It'd either be destroyed or the force would send it out of orbit. This planet Momoshiki is on has done neither since it very obviously is still orbiting the dying star.

No I said that the Earth wouldn't be destroyed, it be scorched, hence the world momoshiki is on looks scorched and has no atmosphere.

A. You haven't proven there's no atmosphere as there's nothing to say there isn't and is soley based on your claim that a supernova occurred.

when the sun shines on Earth's atmosphere the light is bent and scattered by many particles in the atmosphere. There is none of that despite the planet facing the sun.

B. Occams Razor, we go with what takes the least assumptions which is that the star was already dying naturally instead of just saying Momoshiki did it through some unexplained, unknown, off screen method just because he was there.

Your the one making more assumptions: "The sun was already dying" despite the fact it would start to expand and kill the inhabitants of the planet momoshiki was on via expansion so he must of harvested them before.

Yes which take months for a star to become a neutron star

So you're just gonna repeat this? Because again there would be nothing else but the core if it Supernova'd already.

No I said that the Earth wouldn't be destroyed, it be scorched, hence the world momoshiki is on looks scorched and has no atmosphere

A. That makes zero sense still given that there's still several God Trees standing just fine after the planet was supposedly scorched.

B. There would still be a planet if our sun supernova the Earth would stand. But atmosphere would be destroyed, sound familiar?

^ This is you. You said nothing of the sort.

when the sun shines on Earth's atmosphere the light is bent and scattered by many particles in the atmosphere. There is none of that despite the planet facing the sun.

There's blatantly light bouncing off the planet.

Your the one making more assumptions: "The sun was already dying" despite the fact it would of expanded and killed the inhabitants of the planet momoshiki was on so he must of harvested them before.

Or the star was already in a dying state and had already expanded since this is a process that happens over millennia and for all we know, had already been occurring before that civilization he killed off even came to be. Again you've given no proof on why or how Momoshiki is responsible, the sole thing that can be blamed on him is the God Trees. It takes way less assumptions to say the star was already like this than it does trying to find someway to pin it on him because he's in the vicinity.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back