• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Discussion Thread (#2)

Maybe add electricity manipulation (gains electrical power from eating Kirin horns) and status effect inducement (can inflict stun and thunderblight)?.

Tbh I'm just throwing ideas out there, I'm not good at making/editing profiles.

Me realizing that Fatalis can definitely come in MHW because of the new model in size comparison.

One part of my brain: YES! FATALIS!

Other part of my brain: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *CART FLASHBACKS*

of course the thread is slow smh

Obviously for the new EDs: Velkhana and Namielle are at least tier low 6-B however I'm curious could Velkhana potentially have ABZ?, since it frozen monsters to the point they collapsed under the weight and their biological functions stopped (as in they died).

Vekhana I can see being 6-B but Namielle? I don't really see a reasoning for it as you have to fight Elder Dragons before fighting Namielle.

JoshSSJGod said:
Vekhana I can see being 6-B but Namielle? I don't really see a reasoning for it as you have to fight Elder Dragons before fighting Namielle.
Oops I meant low 6-B for both (due scaling to standard EDs), my bad.

That's fine then. Anyways mind if I ask, anything else that should be changed about the prototype Rajang profile?

The Stygian Zinogre update is also bringing a tundra area to the grinding lands (he was the last monster I thought would bring the ice, I believed it'll be Oroshi tbh).

Hoping the new dragon is a new Black Dragon. Fatalis would also be nice but having something entirely new would be better imo.

Yup in game dialog and cutscenes comfirmed it. Safi is Xeno jiiva who had the time to molt out of his skin and become a black dragon class elder dragon.

And during the fight he as several stages, the further down he goes the blacker he gets since he needs to change areas after sucking the life force out of it.

On a side not Stygian Zinogre is an incredibly fun fight.

Just a heads up, data-miners have already gotten their hands on Safi's weapons/armour (fortunately I've been able to avoid spoilers), just be-wary of potentially incriminating thumbnails (especially on YT).

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Just a heads up, data-miners have already gotten their hands on Safi's weapons/armour (fortunately I've been able to avoid spoilers), just be-wary of potentially incriminating thumbnails (especially on YT).
So basically watch out for Boss fight database, Shirrako, Gamers little playground (all these Youtubers do long plays and always put spoilers on their ******* thumbnails) other than that the reste of the MH youtube community is very considerat.

Yeah, there is a chance that Safi does scale, but only if it gets that classification first.

Also, something interesting I noticed while FINALLY getting some progress done in MHW:I. Velkhana was stated to be strong "even by Elder standards", or something to that effect. And it also managed to knock out the Hunter in a cutscene well after they fought Xeno'Jiva. How should we rank Velkhana with this stuff in mind?

Unfortunately it would still be low 6-B due to multiple factors such as The Hunter having to fight other Elder Dragons so that they can fight Namielle for example ( which would scale Teostra, Kushala, Val, etc to High 6-A ) and the fact that the same Hunter after no real increase in power fought Velkana again right after and won. So we can assume the ice attack that knocked the Hunter out was PIS going off what we already know however Velkana would be on a higher scale of low 6-B than other Elders.

Velk is probably just a "possibly higher" scenario since it's really just an Elder Dragon that's considerably stronger than others.

I don't know if this just "game mechanics" or inconsistencies but I was able instigate a turf war between Kush Vs Velk and it ended up in a tie, I got curious so I did it again but with Luna Vs Velk yet again it was a tie however when it was Ruiner Nergi Vs Velk there seems be a 50/50 (either way) chance one side wins outright (similar to Blos Vs Black Blos).

Velk is solidly low 6-B but I feel like we should take turf wars with a grain of salt.

Back