• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter General Discussion Thread.

Bambu is actually a longsword main

It is a weapon, it doesn't need any amount of weeb to function with killing a monster

You see uwu ki spirit sword, I see 12 ticks of 120 damage and copious invincibility frames

we are not the same

Bambu is actually a longsword main

It is a weapon, it doesn't need any amount of weeb to function with killing a monster

You see uwu ki spirit sword, I see 12 ticks of 120 damage and copious invincibility frames

we are not the same

he declared war on the weebs a long time ago, we have to defeat his fantasy empire so he doesn’t wipe out anime.

Well, I never did a CRT to add Safi to Xeno's page so there's no standing expectation of adding it in, but I don't really vibe with the scaling used on Xeno's page as it is so I'm kind of sitting on it.
What's wrong Xeno's Scaling? Seems pretty blatant to me that it would've survived seeing how intelligent this species is, otherwise why would it try to commit suicide as well as just should be able to scale above it anyways due to having a shit ton of Elder Dragons' Bioenergy, including two Dalamadurs? This feels like it knew this was gonna happen.

What's wrong Xeno's Scaling? Seems pretty blatant to me that it would've survived seeing how intelligent this species is, otherwise why would it try to commit suicide as well as just should be able to scale above it anyways due to having a shit ton of Elder Dragons' Bioenergy, including two Dalamadurs? This feels like it knew this was gonna happen.
I'm not so sure. Humans are pretty damn intelligent, yet a pre-birth version of us is absolutely not. Hell, even children are quite below the average level of intelligence expected for a member of our species. Without specific evidence to the contrary, the Xeno'jiiva cocoon was almost assuredly just instinctively doing what it has been doing for the past five decades without any way of detecting the nature of what it was luring - Xeno'jiiva lure species with high bioenergy content in general. The first crossings were Kushala Daora, and this was the only one with a Zorah. I absolutely believe Xeno is far beyond a normal elder in terms of power, but as stated above in the thread, I don't agree with the concept of scaling it to this particular example.

Only for the sake of more distinct tiers am I for it, since that would make Velkhana (and by extension any monsters it has unique turf wars with in Sunbreak) scale up and that's pretty interesting.

I'm not so sure. Humans are pretty damn intelligent, yet a pre-birth version of us is absolutely not. Hell, even children are quite below the average level of intelligence expected for a member of our species. Without specific evidence to the contrary, the Xeno'jiiva cocoon was almost assuredly just instinctively doing what it has been doing for the past five decades without any way of detecting the nature of what it was luring - Xeno'jiiva lure species with high bioenergy content in general. The first crossings were Kushala Daora, and this was the only one with a Zorah. I absolutely believe Xeno is far beyond a normal elder in terms of power, but as stated above in the thread, I don't agree with the concept of scaling it to this particular example.
Even ignoring the intelligence stuff, Xeno still has all that amassed power from decades worth of Elder Dragons so I heavily doubt it doesn't have the power or durability to survive such a cataclysm.
Only for the sake of more distinct tiers am I for it, since that would make Velkhana (and by extension any monsters it has unique turf wars with in Sunbreak) scale up and that's pretty interesting.
I mean Velkhana is just built different in general given that it knocked out a Post-Xeno'jiiva Sapphire Star.

Even ignoring the intelligence stuff, Xeno still has all that amassed power from decades worth of Elder Dragons so I heavily doubt it doesn't have the power or durability to survive such a cataclysm.
That it is possible doesn't prove it is the case.
I mean Velkhana is just built different in general given that it knocked out a Post-Xeno'jiiva Sapphire Star.
Indeed, it does seem to be treated as an above-average elder given the Commander was just gonna up and pull the Commission out of the New World due to its danger, something that the Zorah event apparently didn't invite.

That it is possible doesn't prove it is the case.
Perhaps not, but it does still have all that power, more power than Zorah should be capable of dishing out. Even if it did end up crippling Xeno, Monster Regen and Stamina is kinda stupidly good considering you can go out and hunt a monster only for it to heal back up if you fail the mission and then come back so it would've been fine eventually anyways.
Indeed, it does seem to be treated as an above-average elder given the Commander was just gonna up and pulled the Commission out of the New World due to its danger, something that the Zorah event apparently didn't invite.
Yeah, it's just cracked. It's also the only Elder Dragon capable of pushing Ruiner Nergigante off of it in the turf war unlike Kushala Daora and Teostra.

Perhaps not, but it does still have all that power, more power than Zorah should be capable of dishing out. Even if it did end up crippling Xeno, Monster Regen and Stamina is kinda stupidly good considering you can go out and hunt a monster only for it to heal back up if you fail the mission and then come back so it would've been fine eventually anyways.
As said in a previous discussion, I don't believe Xeno is necessarily stronger than Zorah. We don't have any statements saying that Xeno is outright more destructive than Zorah's continent-blasting explosion, just that it would wreak havoc across the New World if it got free, which any decently strong elder could plausibly do.

Yeah, it's just cracked. It's also the only Elder Dragon capable of pushing Ruiner Nergigante off of it in the turf war unlike Kushala Daora and Teostra.
Really hoping for some good showings, if leaks are to be confirmed that
it has unique turf wars with Malzeno and Scorned Magnamalo.

Uhm... reading the World book again, there's a certain quote.
"The trigger for the event that finally brought Xeno'jiiva's long slumber to an end was the unprecedented release of energy by Zorah Magdaros upon its death."
...so I guess Xeno absorbed Zorah's energy after all? Even though the latter died way far away in the ocean where its energy could never hurt the New World or the Everstream? Alright, then. I mean, the alternative is it sensed the energy and was gonna get it by itself but that isn't really implied here.
"Feeding on the energy of deceased Elder Dragons for years, the accumulated energy finally reached its threshold, initiating Xeno'jiiva's emergence from its crystal coccoon. Befitting the accumulated energy of so many Elder Dragons, Xeno'jiiva's azure body glimmers like a dragon crystal in contrast with the bioluminescent organ in its chest that glows like a flame."
We might be able to spin that Xeno'jiiva uses its accumulated bioenergy as a weapon, as directly stated in the book, so that counting the number of elder dragons that died for it at a minimum, we could approximate their total bioenergy/AP as its own AP. If we account for five crossings, we could go Zorah + 4x Kushala (the first crossing was for a Kushala Daora).
"We've confirmed that the energy stored within its body may be fired as a weapon."
They also mention in the book that the Rotten Vale Dalamadurs likely died way before Xeno came onto the scene, which is supported by the idea that only the past few decades of Elder Crossings were what fueled the Xeno cocoon. Still, Xeno at least fed on Zorah, so upscaling it is. I'm honestly okay with scaling Xeno'jiiva, Velkhana, Namielle, Blackveil Vaal Hazak, Shara Ishvalda, and Ruiner Nergigante up to Zorah at this point, and the First-Class Monsters up there as well.

Scans here.

Last edited:
Actually, they mention the Elder Dragons followed per crossing:

1st: Kushala Daora
2nd: Teostra
3rd: Kushala Daora
4th: Kirin(???)
5th: Zorah Magdaros

This adds up to a minimum of 1.6e22 Joules or 3.82 teratons for Xeno, just below the threshold for Small Country level+.
Fascinating to see the jump from standard EDs in the first to fourth crossings, then a major ED appears on the fifth. The fact there's another Zorah skeleton in the guiding lands (nearby the secluded valley where Safi resides) kinda implies the jiiva's have a preference of ending their "meals" with hot turtle soup.

so I guess Xeno absorbed Zorah's energy after all? Even though the latter died way far away in the ocean where its energy could never hurt the New World or the Everstream?
A bit odd but guess that's that

Title Update 4 trailer here. It'll be out next Tuesday, the 7th.
Hell yeah, Velkhana! She looks gorgeous in Rise and I'm loving the new kit she has. Also, they're using the Iceborne/normal theme for Velkhana! This is the first time a returning monster in RiseBreak is not getting a new theme.

I'd imagine we can safely scale Scorned and probably...

Malzeno and Gaismagorm by extension

...to Velkhana given its unique turf wars. Reskinned turf wars are probably a sign for caution when scaling but as Scorned has a unique one there's no problem. It's likely the other mentioned monster will, too.

Also, as Bahari says the 5th title update monster is going to be particularly fearsome, based on leaks we can probably scale...

Amatsu

...to Velkhana as well.

Honestly it's a little bit offputting that they slap in one of the last game's flagship monsters immediately into the next one, but it's not like they have infinite resources and Velkhana is still a cool monster
Flagship monsters in general are getting overused, like I get the Raths are a mainstay no matter what but if they're going to bring back older monsters at least bring back the ones that haven't been seen in years. A reimagined Monoblos fight to finally make it distinct from just being a Diablos reskin, A polished up Yama Tsukami fight (Still remains one of the most unique and creative monsters in the entire MH franchise) not to mention Frontier monsters are on the table now.

On the brightside at least we not getting another fire element monster in the fourth TU in a row.

I'm waiting on Velkhana's appearance in Sunbreak to post the profiles of it, Magnamalo, and now Namielle that its sandbox has been created. Just because it seems like the turf war involved Velkhana and a normal Magnamalo and I want to be sure of the results before making any statements.

Ironic that Rise's character, who uses by far the most powerful tools and movesets any player hunter has ever had, is far and away the weakest G-rank character in the franchise's history by virtue of scaling foe equivalence.

It is funny to see that but it happens. I would like Disufiroa to make a comeback given its one of the only Black Dragon monsters that can actually be given a 5th gen glow up though knowing what we are getting it be nice.

I will say that since we're approaching the end of the roadmap and we already know the final monster thanks to leaks, I gotta say I much prefer World/Iceborne's DLC than Rise/Sunbreak's.

Base Rise really only had Valtrax as the updates were finishing the base game (such as actually adding the final boss) with Sunbreak just having variation upon variation upon variation of existing monsters with us only getting a new monster in Velkana now (there is also the hell that is Qurious Crafting and the Investigations requiring ya to bring that shit up to over 120 just to get most of the upgrade parts available) while Base World came out swinging with Deviljho with the only real reskin monster you could say was in the base world line up is Lunastra. Iceborne was just perfect though with some of the coolest returning monsters and even entirely new ones (Safi ftw).

TU4 is out, by the way. Velkhana equipment is absolutely godlike. Velkhana ties with normal Magnamalo (and presumably Scorned) and with Malzeno.

How do people feel about scaling regarding this? Normal Magnamalo ties with typical elder and base rise stuff, but Velkhana's base quest monster roster definitely seems to imply a normal Magnamalo can face off against it, alongside Rajang and Bazelgeuse. idk how to rule it

TU4 is out, by the way. Velkhana equipment is absolutely godlike. Velkhana ties with normal Magnamalo (and presumably Scorned) and with Malzeno.

How do people feel about scaling regarding this? Normal Magnamalo ties with typical elder and base rise stuff, but Velkhana's base quest monster roster definitely seems to imply a normal Magnamalo can face off against it, alongside Rajang and Bazelgeuse. idk how to rule it
I mean, this was the reason why I wanted Velkana to scale to average elders a few years ago. It creates painful circular scaling.

I mean, this was the reason why I wanted Velkana to scale to average elders a few years ago. It creates painful circular scaling.
I'm down for that. Any elder levels, aside from Xeno/Zorah and the Forbidden dragons, goes to High 6-C. At least with the "some apexes can tangle with elders" argument there isn't really any official tie between monsters of such drastic differences in tier, whereas here we straight-up see ties in turf wars. Would make everything way simpler.

In fairness they do only fight other G-Rank monsters so you can argue there's some wiggle room, but that's probably going to decay with more time and reintroductions of Velkhana, so it's whatever in my book

Should be, since I think Zorah's calc was a fraction of a Teraton away from + and Safi's obviously far above them

Nothing in terms of new scaling or feats, but Rise's Title Update 4 is pretty fun. Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax was the first true challenge in Sunbreak for me, while Velkhana felt weaker than its Iceborne counterpart. Nutty armor in both cases though. I do chafe at the Anomaly grind, though. It feels like they took World's endgame and stretched it to twice the length (AL 200 rather than MR 100) while providing less interesting content (just quests but higher HP and attack) and less incentive to actually do so (Weapon augments in SunRise are not as impactful or interesting as World's system imo). Overall good, but I'm definitely feeling the flaws in the experience.

Nothing in terms of new scaling or feats, but Rise's Title Update 4 is pretty fun. Risen Crimson Glow Valstrax was the first true challenge in Sunbreak for me, while Velkhana felt weaker than its Iceborne counterpart. Nutty armor in both cases though. I do chafe at the Anomaly grind, though. It feels like they took World's endgame and stretched it to twice the length (AL 200 rather than MR 100) while providing less interesting content (just quests but higher HP and attack) and less incentive to actually do so (Weapon augments in SunRise are not as impactful or interesting as World's system imo). Overall good, but I'm definitely feeling the flaws in the experience.
I see. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of have less fun with Rise over all than I did with World to be honest. Does anyone here have any Profile suggestions for missing characters/monsters? I know that Stories still needs to be implemented more than just throwing in Oltura's Profile but I think starting smaller with something like adding any missing Subspecies like Ebony Odogaron would be better.

I see. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of have less fun with Rise over all than I did with World to be honest. Does anyone here have any Profile suggestions for missing characters/monsters? I know that Stories still needs to be implemented more than just throwing in Oltura's Profile but I think starting smaller with something like adding any missing Subspecies like Ebony Odogaron would be better.
I did do a thing on my blog a few months back that has a list for missing profiles or keys.

Back