• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mortal Kombat (2021) Downgrades and Revisions

Revisions are applied
I took the liberty of making Pre-Arcana Cole and Shang unknown since they don't really do anything. Some stuff got removed but everything should be ok

I took the liberty of making Pre-Arcana Cole and Shang unknown since they don't really do anything. Some stuff got removed but everything should be ok
Imagine not fighting in a movie based on a fighting game

Shouldn't Cole be 10-A for being a MMA fighter before he got his powers?

Yeah but he's pretty out of his prime so it's unknown how good he even is, he's mostly just doing amateur, underground stuff on short notice, loses a lot of fights (based on the beating for money quote) and everything else is being negged by Goro/Sonya or sparring with a casual Kung Lao (which is speculative)

He does fight Reptile but:
  • Reptile doesn't do anything really
  • He is fighting Reptile 1 V 3 and is still doing trash
  • Isn't even the one to beat him (Kano rips his heart out)
He's pretty easily the weakest character before the Arkana is his (which bothers me tbh)

He still needs a tier though, why bother making a key only to make it Unknown especially when he has actual feats? Either 10-A or 10-B sounds alright with me.

Done, also split his powers so he has martial arts for his 10-A key. I'm leaving weapon mastery with post Arcana because he only shows it then and the weapons could be specially connected to him (a sequel would need to confirm that I guess)

Looks good, but I do have an issue with the speed. Why does he scale to Kabal via Liu Kang when he hasn't fought him? The movie MK characters don't really move fast or have any speed feats besides Kabal and his super speed.

Everyone seemingly scales to Kabal based off Liu, my understanding is Kung Lao (who is somewhat more capable then Liu) would also scale to this. Hence the Athletic Human, likely subsonic

I don't recall any other speed feats so it's seemingly all we got unless we put most of the cast at "At least, Athletic human, likely subsonic"

Judging by the fight scene, Kabal doesn't seem to use his super speed in close range against Liu Kang. We can see him run past Liu at the beginning of the fight but Liu doesn't react to it once Kabal already dashed behind him, only blocking his attack after realizing that Kabal had just dashed through him. The rest of the fight doesn't show Kabal being fast with his swords unlike what he did to Liu's fireball.

Judging by the fight scene, Kabal doesn't seem to use his super speed in close range against Liu Kang. We can see him run past Liu at the beginning of the fight but Liu doesn't react to it once Kabal already dashed behind him, only blocking his attack after realizing that Kabal had just dashed through him. The rest of the fight doesn't show Kabal being fast with his swords unlike what he did to Liu's fireball.
In that case we might see a downgrade for the cast
What speed feats do they have?

Back