• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
All, time for something I didn't expected. A speed upgrade, and a pretty significant one at that.

To explain first: Tomura has a Quirk called Radio Waves, that does exactly what the name implies. It produces powerful Radio Waves, which can be used as an EMP or to talk with another person that has the same Quirks, as they can also receive Radio Waves as well. These transmission can even be intercepted by machines and looked into.

So yeah, these are plain Radio Waves that Tomura can make into an EMP by giving them more juice/power.

We already accept Radio Waves as being Lightspeed, but I wanted to make it clear here as well.

I bring this up because of a feat in Chapter 330 or Season 7 Episode 1 of MHA. Where Tomura fires off a combo of Radio Wave + Air Cannon + Heavy Payload. Star and Stripe is shown to dodge this attack, which has been calculated down below.

Star and Stripe's Speed: 238561989.225 m/s or 79.57% SoL (Relativistic+)

The reason this was never calculated before was because the manga's panels didn't show enough of the feat. We never see if Star jumped away before Tomura fired off the Radio Waves or after he fired it off. We see Tomura prepare his attack, next we see Star Jump, and next is the aftermath where Star's already dodged and Tomura's attack missed. However, thanks to the anime, we can confidently say that her dodge came after he fired it off. Meaning this wasn't a case of aim dodging.

This in turn should upgrade all of the Sub-Relativistic cast to Relativistic+, and there could maybe be some upscaling as well.

Incomplete Tomura was capable of jumping up towards Star before she could crush him with her Air Giant. She even admits to herself that she wouldn't have made it in time. All she could do was set up a single rule before he touched her, which was for her Quirk to revolt against other Quirks. So Tomura does scale to her.

Now to talk about the upscaling part. As you can see above, this value is incredibly close to the Speed of Light value. Approximately 1.257x apart in fact. I personally believe we are close enough for some characters to upscale to Speed of Light, and anyone faster would obviously be FTL. Though only two characters would be FTL.

Explanation: 45% Izuku scales to Incomplete Shigaraki. Lady Nagant's bullets outpace 45% Izuku. Lady Nagant can make her bullets faster. Izuku's Faux 100% moves many times faster than Lady Nagant's enhanced bullets, completely blitzing them. I suggest Faux 100% level should upscale to Speed of Light because of this.

This would be characters who scale to Prime All Might level. As Izuku said, Faux 100%'s is on par with All Might in his prime.

Complete Shigaraki with Quirks and Fa Jin/Gearshift Izuku would be FTL due to being faster than Prime All Might level.

Note: I will bring up some scaling, first is Bakugo's Cluster being Speed of Light, for being on par with Complete Shigaraki at least. While Bakugo did get hit, I don't believe his reaction time scales to his Cluster. He was shown to have difficulty controlling it and couldn't stop himself from smashing into a building.

And he was unable to dodge Tomura's attack as well. I also pretty sure we don't scale his reactions to it anyway, but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Second, is Rewind AFO not being Speed of Light. As his only form of scaling is just being faster than his Weakened self, which is not enough to jump the gap. Regardless of him scaling to his Prime self or not, we don't know if AFO was equal or a bit slower than Prime All Might. As such, he cannot be rated as Speed of Light.

Here is a Sandbox of my suggested changes. Please don't hesitate to give any feedback, whether they're agreements, criticism, or suggestions.

Verse Page sandbox as well. Can I just say that the phrase "All Might can move at the Speed of Light" is a little cursed?

Note: If you disagree with the Upscaling part, that means they'll just be rated as Relativistic+ only.

Agree: TheRustyOne, Dalesean027, 57Dev, Maverick_Zero_X, StorytellingDemonKing, DarkDragonMedeus, CloverDragon03, Excellence616, Kingofwolves999, Viott, SuperStar, Baabasaplar95, ShigarakiShimura, MintyBoi1, Spinoirr, Therefir, Mapl3Sy4up, Random-Helper323, Danny33wise, (19)

Disagree: Damage3245 (With scaling the calc back to Shigaraki in All-Out War), (1)

Neutral: TheRustyOne (On the upscaling), Damage3245 (Using the calculation), (2)

Last edited:
I'll post my thoughts on this tomorrow.

EDIT: Actually, while I'll post my full thoughts on this tomorrow, I want to quickly address one part of this:

Incomplete Tomura was capable of jumping up towards Star before she could crush him with her Air Giant. She even admits to herself that she wouldn't have made it in time. All she could do was set up a single rule before he touched her, which was for her Quirk to revolt against other Quirks. So Tomura does scale to her.

At this point in time, Star and Stripe had removed the rule that granted her superhuman power as she was using her rules to create the Fist Bump to the Earth and to redirect Tiamat, and we're not shown her re-activating the rule on herself to enhance her statistics.

So we don't have a strong reason to assume that Star and Stripe is as fast as she would have been earlier at this moment where Tomura blitzes her.

At this point in time, Star and Stripe had removed the rule that granted her superhuman power as she was using her rules to create the Fist Bump to the Earth and to redirect Tiamat, and we're not shown her re-activating the rule on herself to enhance her statistics.

So we don't have a strong reason to assume that Star and Stripe is as fast as she would have been earlier at this moment where Tomura blitzes her.
We do not accept Star's speed as coming from a rule via New Order. Only her Strength/Durability is accepted, as of now. Since she only mentioned Super Strength.

Her speed is rated as just Sub-Relativistic, not with New Order.

Not starting a debate but any reason to assume reaction speed was enhanced by the rule or it's just her natural reaction speed ? After all the giant follows her own moments.

We do not accept Star's speed as coming from a rule via New Order. Only her Strength/Durability is accepted, as of now. Since she only mentioned Super Strength.

Her speed is rated as just Sub-Relativistic, not with New Order.
Fair point - I do think it would be a bit unlikely for her speed to be unaffected by that rule since if a person's physical strength is increased then logically they should be able to move themselves faster (as shown how when Tomura gains All Might-level physicals, he gains All Might-level speed as a direct result from that) but I won't press that particular point.

Following for fun
FuQFogL.gif

Mistake on my part, I'll fix that.

Lemillion scales to Complete Shigaraki's speed without the Growth, who is Speed of Light, unlike the others who only scale to his Growth which is only Relativistic+.

Edit: Accidently put down Inasa's reasoning in Mirio's section by mistake.

Last edited:
Second, is Rewind AFO not being Speed of Light. As his only form of scaling is just being faster than his Weakened self, which is not enough to jump the gap. Regardless of him scaling to his Prime self or not, we don't know if AFO was equal or a bit slower than Prime All Might. As such, he cannot be rated as Speed of Light.
Is it possible for him to be rated as SOL using this? He could blitz all of the jets, which could also react and dodge Tomura's attack too. We even see that one of them moved after Star jumped off but still avoided the blast. Him outpacing them and blitzing them before they could finish the word "fire" should be enough to upscale him, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back