• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I did some digging, and this is what I found:
  • The thread that resulted in the Sub-Rel upgrade had no disagreements (and I believe the timeframe used was discussed)
  • This thread had also been made regarding the subject
To be fair on that second thread, it ended on the belief this calc wouldn’t be the main one, but the arguments presented by the OP were addressed multiple times and his counter arguments weren’t convincing.

And even OP was essentially just poking at people saying “Ok yes it’s a fair idea but I WANT YOU TO SAY THAT IT COULD BE WRONG THO!!”

To be fair on that second thread, it ended on the belief this calc wouldn’t be the main one, but the arguments presented by the OP were addressed multiple times and his counter arguments weren’t convincing.

And even OP was essentially just poking at people saying “Ok yes it’s a fair idea but I WANT YOU TO SAY THAT IT COULD BE WRONG THO!!”
I'm aware, and I myself also share this sentiment, but I'm just providing the threads in which this was discussed

and ? It don't make it subsonic

They have solid backing, I gave you multiple reasons as to why you should wait for an anime adaptation before putting this feat on the wiki. If you want the wiki to have calcs full of assumptions and highballs be my guest, but I don't think others will agree with you
The anime is not canon. It literally changes things all the time. And I don't think anyone should be arguing for the anime as definitive when it literally alters things that happened in the manga.

The anime is not canon. It literally changes things all the time. And I don't think anyone should be arguing for the anime as definitive when it literally alters things that happened in the manga.
It don't matter, the manga leaves to much room for assumptions that highball the feat, using the anime is better for the reason I stated before hand. I'm not gonna keep arguin in here tho, ill make the crt, if i get banned ill just get someone else to make the crt for me

Here's why I believe having weakened shigarakis hand/arm movement in the final war as subsonic is a ridiculous lowball and hypersonic would work way better as a safe lowball.

First I'll explain why subsonic wouldn't make sense and then I will show my reasoning for hypersonic

Here we can see a much weaker 75% shigaraki blocking endeavours punch with his arm, meaning that unless you think this 75% shigaraki is faster than final war weakened 100% evolved shigaraki that his hand/arm movement speed is much faster than subsonic

Here we see again a 75% shigaraki moving his arm/hand at over subsonic speeds and dodging one of endeavours strongest attacks

Here we see a 75% shigaraki that's literally getting burned by endeavour hitting endeavour with a blast from his hand before endeavour could react

Here we see again a 75% shigaraki almost catching endeavour by suprise with his arm speed as endeavour himself exclaims how impressive this shigarakis speed is RIGHT AFTER HE GOT BURNED.

Here we have a shigaraki that had just got seriously damaged by endeavours vanishing fist speedblitzing Gran torino with his arm/hand and grabbing him.

And here is literally an extremely weakened 75% shigaraki grabbing a 100% dekus face with his arm/hand. So unless you think that an extremely weakened 75% shigaraki is faster than a weakened 100% evolved shigaraki you must accept that susonic speeds are a ridiculous lowball.

Now here is why I think hypersonic works better as a lowball and is more realistic and creates less plotholes.

Here we have an extremely weakened 97% shigaraki jumping from aircraft to aircraft without a problem and dodging projectiles fired from those aircraft which have to inherently be faster than the aircrafts they are fired from for them to move forward. The fastest aircraft irl is hypersonic in speed, mha is way further ahead in technology so those jets would be way faster but hypersonic works as a safe lowball, specifically 2,020.621 m/s as that's the fastest irl.

We see again extremely weakened 97% shigaraki outspeeding those hypersonic aircrafts by a lot.

And finally here we see in these 2 images that in the first image shigarakis both hands are down and immediately in the next panel he's right in front of sns with his arm/hand straight forward. Which means that shigaraki moved his hand/arm staright up as he was moving at at least hypersonic speeds towards sns.

All of this I believe shows that the completely arbitrary subsonic speed for weakened 100% evolved shigarakis arm/hand speed is a ridiculous lowball that doesn't work and creates problems. Hypersonic speed, specifically 2,020.621 m/s, works way better as a safe lowball seeing as shigaraki has constantly showed above subsonic movemant with his hands/arms even when extremely weaker and weakened while weaker and easily outspeeds at least hypersonic aircrafts. And also, the only way shigarakis hand/arm movement would be subsonic is if they were much slower than his movement speed which is clearly not the case as they are always showed moving alongside his body, because if they were indeed only subsonic they would be shown to be behind shigaraki as if he was doing a naruto run.

Last edited:
None of that gets around the issue that it would still be calc stacking. And no, just using baseline Hypersonic speed doesn't get around the issue that you're just skipping a calculation here.

Okay then. Just logically speaking a weakened shigaraki can't be moving at just subsonic speeds since that's never been supported and when shigaraki gets weakened we always see that his arm move alongside his body, if shigarakis arms were that much slower they would be appearing behind him whenever he moved his entire body. And if his hands were only moving at subsonic speeds there would be no reason for the 5th user to seem worried when he said bad news. And all the feats i showed in my first reply are supporting evidence to that.

As much as I’d love to see a hypersonic/supersonic version of the calc (just for fun) I don’t want to have any sort of arguments
Wonder if I can find more speed feats

I mean i don't see why we would stick to the subsonic version or what makes it more logical or reasonable.
mostly just to keep peace ig.
and while even slower characters like 8% Deku can use attacks that are directly called “shockwaves” (above the speed of sound), there is some backing, I’m just satisfied by MHA being sub-rel, so I’m not gonna try and push it

and while even slower characters like 8% Deku can use attacks that are directly called “shockwaves” (above the speed of sound), there is some backing, I’m just satisfied by MHA being sub-rel, so I’m not gonna try and push it
you can push it off site my friend, just think of the current speed rating the minimum one you could ever give them

altough people off site generally suck arguing

Well I dont think that's a good way of scaling characters. If we just did whatever kept peace mha would be 7A and MHS+ and there wouldn't be a currently ongoing discussion thread on the prime allmight multiplier.

you can push it off site my friend, just think of the current speed rating the minimum one you could ever give them

altough people off site generally suck arguing
Fair
Well I dont think that's a good way of scaling characters. If we just did whatever kept peace mha would be 7A and MHS+ and there wouldn't be a currently ongoing discussion thread on the prime allmight multiplier.
well for whatever purposes, 34.3 or baseline subsonic is .1 Mach, so Mach 2.5 Supersonic+ baseline is 25x that, Mach 5 or baseline hypersonic is 50x that, etc etc, (I’m too lazy to go use a calculator)

I don't necessarily agree with assuming a hypersonic time frame. If people would like to try it I would be neutral but I don't think that can fly.

Wait, I've got a question. How is showing that a character when weakened is at least baseline hypersonic (without any calcs just obvious feats) and using that fact to then get the timeframe of said character moving when weakened (just reversing the speed formula) "calc-stacking" because I don't get it.

We also dont know when the bullet was shot so the 90 degree assumption is a highball. You could say that "its in panel order" but honestly when the panel flips back to shigaraki the panel would likely be going into past tense before Nagant's bullet was shot, cause there is NO WAY shigaraki would be able to scream "NAAAGAGANT" in a 0.0355685 second timeframe.
This isnt really a good argument ☠️ anime does tons of weird stuff with dialogue in fights. DBS characters can fight at FTL speeds but still manage to communicate with each other mid fight

My guy MHA is 9 years old, it is not new gen. If anything it’s old. That gen is ending bro.
Yo look at this guys crt

Yo look at this guys crt

Y’all got it, not that hard to see the flaws in logic and lack of understanding in both wiki practices and general logic.

Back