• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Quirks in relation to the mind has always been an interesting topic. I hope 1 day we actually get an answer on the Origin of Quirks.

Below the USJ All Might still imo
So Faux 100% is inferior to 45%, that makes sense.

It's almost as if some people are not paying attention to the scaling. Deku's 45%, while slower, was able to keep up with Shigaraki, who scales from the USJ Nomu and therefore from USJ All Might as well.

Deku's Faux 100% was able to blitz a bullet that was even faster than his 45%. He is clearly superior to USJ All Might by a massive amount.

Last edited:
Wait. I do not see 45% being equal to any All Might we’ve seen, considering:

45% Deku Air Force Kick shattered some windows down a street but did not do much else.
vs
Post-USJ, weighted down, weakened, casual All Might punched once and tore up an /entire/ street. The road, the windows, straight up decapitated the buildings, etc etc, a much larger distance away than Deku’s 45% kick. While holding back.

Air Pressure means little, as stated many times before. AOE doesn't equal AP, characters do not need to preform the same AOE to scale. Shigaraki who is stated to be equal to All Might also doesn't preform the same feats with his punches. 45% can take hits and restrain Shigaraki, who is All Might level, so he scales to that.

"An alternative term for Destructive Capacity which has more direct meaning: The Destructive Capacity that an attack is equivalent to. A character with a certain degree of attack potency does not necessarily need to cause destructive feats on that level, but can cause damage to characters that can withstand such forces. As such it isn't proof of a low attack potency, if a character's attacks only cause a small amount of destruction."

Last edited:
Air pressure means little even when it’s an oddly sizeable part of the plot?

All Might absolutely blasts air pressure everywhere at 100% and completely fodderises every villain besides movie villains and All For One. He is portrayed as a god tier being that not even Endeavour can ever hope to match.

Flashforward to now and Endeavour, a few random heroes, an old man and two students, one apparently being > 100% USJ All Might, are giving an apparently “totally on All Might’s level” being the business, do major damage he only survives because he can regen, and performs no feats on All Might’s level.

So either the entire series portraying All Might as untouchable is wrong, or the statements about Shigaraki being All Might level is being misinterpreted.

Majority of those statements are usually talking about Prime All Might, All Might built up his legend in his prime and Endeavor realized All Might was untouchable during his Prime. All Might never fought all out against anyone other than AFO to our knowledge, so no one noticed his declining strength until Kamino.

Also All Might himself doesn't even preform the same air pressure attacks with every single punch, so I don't see what the issue is here. 100% Izuku even fails to preform the same types of pressure with some of his punches, guess that means he's weaker than All Might despite being shown his equal in the movie.

You saying it's part of the plot and that Shigaraki has to destroy a city block with his punches or he's not All Might level is absurd. By that logic someone should've called Endeavor out when he said Shigaraki was All Might level. Aizawa knows that All Might can blow away a city block with his punches, and accurately guessed the USJ Nomu was as strong as All Might.

Literally everyone saw the Kamino fight and the damage they did. These people have proven to be knowledgeable, and have no reason to lie or be mistaken. If this was part of the plot like you said, then why would Horikoshi have Endeavor state that Shigaraki is a powerful as All Might?

If it's so obvious that Shigarak is vastly inferior to All Might, why would this statement even be said or not be immediately refuted?

And in universe Izuku is using 45% of 100%, so him being comparable to All Might isn't a problem.

Does anyone think MHA will ever get to lightning speed or Lightspeed?

In a way I'd say speedwise, Hori is extremely conscious of how fast he wants characters to be considering this late in the game we haven't gotten lightning or Lightspeed outliers like most other series.

Something like Naruto had Lightspeed statements that were clearly outliers as early as the Haku fight.

Black Clover and One Piece are also notorious for LS statements despite the anti-feats and pretty much a lot of other mangaka don't seem to understand just how fast Lightspeed is.

Characters go from supersonic and their next power-up is Lightspeed.

With MHA at least, I'd say the speed tier of the strongest characters is consistent and there are very few outliers speed-wise.

But who knows if or when MHA will ever get such feats. Even with the craziest fight in Heroes Rising, Hori still didn't make Deku or Bakugo lightning speed or lightning timers.
I hope not. alleged LS feats are a pandora's box on this site. They result in bogged down, recurring discussions that can go on for months at a time.

Luckily, Horikoshi's sense of scale seems to be superior to a lot of fiction, judging by the series' relative consistency.

I never got the criticism of “Deku learns the quirks too fast”. Like, sure, it would be nice if the series was extended way more and a “final act” was never even mentioned and he only reaches anywhere near 100% in his third year, but it’s not like the series has set up that learning quirks is hard.

Deku is the only one who’s had trouble with learning his quirk at a basic level, and that’s for many reasons. It’s too strong for him at the start, he’s never had a quirk, he thought the quirk itself was special and that it was a trump card. That isn’t the norm, that’s the exception.

People always pick on Deku but never other characters like Lady Nagant who mastered Air Walk instantly, or Shigaraki who could use quirks he’s never even heard before instinctively, or the Nomu who are literally brainless outside of the High End. They treat Deku as the norm and not the exception. Quirks aren’t complicated, they are instinctual. Like muscles. Once you learn the basics, you’re never going to have much trouble walking in a slightly different way.

I never got the criticism of “Deku learns the quirks too fast”. Like, sure, it would be nice if the series was extended way more and a “final act” was never even mentioned and he only reaches anywhere near 100% in his third year, but it’s not like the series has set up that learning quirks is hard.

Deku is the only one who’s had trouble with learning his quirk at a basic level, and that’s for many reasons. It’s too strong for him at the start, he’s never had a quirk, he thought the quirk itself was special and that it was a trump card. That isn’t the norm, that’s the exception.

People always pick on Deku but never other characters like Lady Nagant who mastered Air Walk instantly, or Shigaraki who could use quirks he’s never even heard before instinctively, or the Nomu who are literally brainless outside of the High End. They treat Deku as the norm and not the exception. Quirks aren’t complicated, they are instinctual. Like muscles. Once you learn the basics, you’re never going to have much trouble walking in a slightly different way.
Literally the only quirk he has with any sort of difficulty is black whip because it’s so versatile and he’s had like 5 months to train it. Danger Sense is passive. Smokescreen is simple and as far as we know he still has some trouble with it. Fa Jin is literally one of the easiest powers ever and is similar to base OFA and as for Float Deku already knew how to manoeuvre in the air before he got it and he still trained for it.

Do people think each quirk is like a brand new fighting style? That it’ll take months just to learn one?

It also helps that every Vestige quirk is just variations of quirks he already knows, since he ‘stalks’ everyone and writes everything down.

Blackwhip: Sero and Tokoyami.
Smokescreen: Midnight.
Danger Sense: Technically Jiro I guess?
Fa Jin: Bakugo’s gauntlets mechanics combined with Recipro Burst.
Float: A weaker version of Zero Gravity.

And the last unknown one is probably just an automatic Air Force type.

“Mirio is relativistic because he scales above Mina who reacted to naval laser. He WANTED to get hit by the bullet to save Eri, he couldn’t catch it because he’s not bullet proof even though the bullet is moving in slow motion to him because, again, he’s relativistic.”

- some guy on Reddit i dared to try and prove his claims on this thread.

Lmao. That Reddit guy I mentioned refuses to actually argue any of his points on here because I refused to debate on a private discord full of people who share only specifically his same logic.

He believes Mina Ashido scales above FTL and refuses to come here to even try and argue how he is correct but expects me to go to a private discord to “debate” him. Reddit is either full of trolls or the braindead. Usually both.

I forgot but does Deku can now easily use 45%? and if so then what % would he be equal to Endeavor?
I think he could take him now. Endeavor could just barely dodge Shiggy in the war while 45% could follow him decently and even catch him with Blackwhip. I'd argue Deku is also more durable since he handled an attack from Shigaraki way better than Endeavor did. Endeavor is probably somewhere between 35%-40% OFA in terms of his dura and reactions.

I think he could take him now. Endeavor could just barely dodge Shiggy in the war while 45% could follow him decently and even catch him with Blackwhip. I'd argue Deku is also more durable since he handled an attack from Shigaraki way better than Endeavor did. Endeavor is probably somewhere between 35%-40% OFA in terms of his dura and reactions.
Pretty much
Endeavor has the AP with things like Prominence burn and Flashfire fist as a whole to put Deku down extremely quickly
But against Deku he’s a glass canon
And Deku is faster

Hard to say who's more durable, while Endeavor took less damage than Izuku from Shigaraki's physical attack.

He was hit in the face, while Izuku got hit in the gut which would hurt more and do more damage as it's a more fragile area. But Izuku was hit with an elbow, it's not possible for an elbow to have the same strength as his punch, especially considering the leverage he had. But Shigaraki was in the air when he punched Endeavor, which also means he couldn't put his full power into that hit.

However Shigaraki had to break through Blackwhip as well, which probably weakened his elbow strike since it had to fight against that.

Honestly if you'd ask me who was durable I wouldn't be able to say who. Both took an Air Cannon dead on as well, they seemed to take similar damage to it. Which is to say it clearly hurt them, but left no major marks or bruise on them. At best I'd just say their comparable and wait for future feats.

Edit: Right Shigaraki's body was falling apart, but he was also using strength past his limits. We know his speed actually increased even though he was breaking apart, would it be that much of a stretch to assume his strength was still the same?

Last edited:
Didn’t Endeavour tank a point blank air cannon with almost no notable damage and then survived a full on punch with only minor damage and could still keep going, while Deku was vomiting blood from a casual elbow from a weakening, falling apart Shigaraki?

Ignoring our ratings and calcs, Endeavor has been surprisingly tanky for someone who doesn't have a Quirk that increases durability. Like he was punched hard enough to be launched into Ryukyu, who transforms into a Dragon. But she was knocked out when he crashed into her, while he stayed conscious and kept fighting.

A punch from Shigaraki went through her hand, yet Endeavor got off with a bloodied face. He also survived being thrown into multiple buildings by a High-End Nomu.

Just assume anyone with a quirk can train hard enough to be way stronger than naturally possible. His quirk probably strengthens his skin by having to be able to adapt to it to resist it in the first place otherwise he’d just melt like Dabi does. Like Bakugo. No strength quirk yet can take hits and hurt 8% Deku who can crush concrete in his bare hand.

Didn’t Endeavour tank a point blank air cannon with almost no notable damage and then survived a full on punch with only minor damage and could still keep going, while Deku was vomiting blood from a casual elbow from a weakening, falling apart Shigaraki?
To be fair Endeavor bled from that, actually managed to guard with his gauntlet and was down for a bit afterwards.

Ignoring our ratings and calcs, Endeavor has been surprisingly tanky for someone who doesn't have a Quirk that increases durability. Like he was punched hard enough to be launched into Ryukyu, who transforms into a Dragon. But she was knocked out when he crashed into her, while he stayed conscious and kept fighting.

A punch from Shigaraki went through her hand, yet Endeavor got off with a bloodied face. He also survived being thrown into multiple buildings by a High-End Nomu.
I honestly wish we kind of knew why he's that tough. As of now it just seems like some people with quirks have a random super high stat or two.

R/powerscaling is quite possibly the worst powerscaling place I’ve seen. One of their rules is literally: “debate on our discord or you lose”.

Back