• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Well nothing in the Rewind AFO fight gave Bakugo anything, since he didn't compete with him in power at all. He even admits he couldn't hope to beat AFO here if it'd not been for everyone's help. Also, he doesn't have remote detonation, he was just hoping that his sweat would explode from whatever AFO was doing in that moment.

The only change on his profile would be his speed with Cluster.

Maybe we can add the fact he's weaker than Endeavor on his profile.
Doesn't he still have that feat of causing more damage to Shigaraki than literally everyone else but Deku? Sure it wasn't a lot but Shigaraki actually felt slightly threatened by it, didn't he?

Current Bakugo's biggest asset is his speed, not really power, it was explicitly stated that Dark Shadow and Endeavor has greater fire power than current Bakugo, it's just that Bakugo can spam a bunch of explosions at rapid fire speed. Not to say his explosions aren't super insane right now, but it's a constant that this AFO is physically weaker than ever before. This is how I see the major scaling as of this moment.

Current AFO's Physicals<<<Weakened AFO with Quirks~Weakened All Might<Current Bakugo<Current Peak Endeavor<Peak Dark Shadow~Prime AFO Physicals<Prime AFO with Quirks~Prime All Might~Base Shigaraki's Physicals~100% OFA Deku~Faux 100% OFA Deku<Flesh Armor Shigaraki<<<Overdrive Deku

There's probably I lot I'm getting wrong here, but this is my off the top of my head scale

Current Bakugo's biggest asset is his speed, not really power, it was explicitly stated that Dark Shadow and Endeavor has greater fire power than current Bakugo, it's just that Bakugo can spam a bunch of explosions at rapid fire speed. Not to say his explosions aren't super insane right now, but it's a constant that this AFO is physically weaker than ever before. This is how I see the major scaling as of this moment.

Current AFO's Physicals<<<Weakened AFO with Quirks~Weakened All Might<Current Bakugo<Current Peak Endeavor<Peak Dark Shadow~Prime AFO Physicals<Prime AFO with Quirks~Prime All Might~Base Shigaraki's Physicals~100% OFA Deku~Faux 100% OFA Deku<Flesh Armor Shigaraki<<<Overdrive Deku

There's probably I lot I'm getting wrong here, but this is my off the top of my head scale
I mean isnt Endeavor currently burnt beyond recognition so if that's current-

However, his Howitzer Impact is still a powerful attack. Although it would take time to gather strength to achieve such a serious success.

Doesn't he still have that feat of causing more damage to Shigaraki than literally everyone else but Deku? Sure it wasn't a lot but Shigaraki actually felt slightly threatened by it, didn't he?
I was just talking about the AFO fight and if it'd give Bakugo anything.

All For Shiggy only felt threaten because Bakugo reminded him of Kudo. He never figured that out and was only guessing on why he was panicking. Bakugo's Cluster attacks didn't even leave the smallest visible trace of damage on Shigaraki's face nor did it even push him. In terms of effect, Mirko's kick did more since it actually knocked him to the floor. Though his body was being weird there, since her previous kick didn't move him at all.

His Howitzer Impact: Cluster is interesting since Shiggy stated the attack was fantastic and he had to get rid of it. Can't say if we can scale that to anything since sheer heat would ignore durability and the only damage we see on Shiggy is a big burn. So saying the impact power of it was anything higher than High 6-C is iffy.

AFO described Baldr in a similar manner, but also said that Bakugo is weaker than Dark Shadow.
So it doesn't really seem like Bakugo's ratings would change from what it is right now, it already aptly describes his AP.

its crazy to think that in terms of AP tokoyami can hang with bakugo, todoroki and endeavor, im proud of my boi

He also isn't always that strong, he needs to be in a dark environment, only reaching All Might/AFO levels for a long period during night times.
He's also a step slower than most characters on that tier, although he makes up for it with sheer size like Machia.

I have a question: Is Deku's Over Drive able to bend all the laws of physics? Or is he just bending the law of inertia? (But if he can only bend the law of inertia, that's strange because his Gearshift doesn't care about the law of inertia anyway, and OFA+Gearshift Can it distort any laws of physics?

We don't know, right now that statement is just a weird phrase.

Izuku hasn't done anything defining physics or warping the laws of reality outside of Gearshift ignoring Inertia, which was something it could do from the start as stated by Kudo.

We did see the same "reality" warping effect when Izuku threw Bakugo, but it didn't really do anything. Maybe we'll see something in the final battle.

Ignoring inertia is in of itself something that can be described as "breaking the laws of physics."

Breaking the "laws of physics" is a vague as **** type of remark anyways, which means it is also use to wank characters a lot. Sometimes something as mundane as a different or anomalous gravitational forces on a different world is described as having "different laws of physics", for example.
Most fictional setting with humanoids busting buildings with pure physical strength already breaks the laws of physics.

The exact phrase is, "Can warp the very laws governing reality."

Which doesn't really tell us anything. I personally think it's just meant to be a "cool" phrase and nothing more.

I find it funny how this statement was used right as Izuku used his Detroit Smash Quintuple, when it was weaker than his earlier Overdrive attack.

Genuinely hope the production is up to par this season... the parts of season 6 and like all of season 5 was is pretty unacceptable quality wise imo
Yeah, while I would love season 7 to have a god tier animation, their are some factors that hinders this series from having a god tier animation like season 1 2 and 3.

Mha would still out trend lot of anime even with low to mid tier animation and still claim number 1 or 2 spot. Season 5 Is a proof of this lol.

Big series like mha don't need consistency to trend unlike jjk and kny. Mha would trend very well with a low tier animation and that is something it has in common with OP.

Genuinely hope the production is up to par this season... the parts of season 6 and like all of season 5 was is pretty unacceptable quality wise imo
It's good to hope but from the trailer, that seems highly unlikely. It will probably have the same quality as season 5 and 6 with a few sections getting great animation.

As for what will benefit and what will be shafted, it's hard to guess.

Yeah, while I would love season 7 to have a god tier animation, their are some factors that hinders this series from having a god tier animation like season 1 2 and 3.

Mha would still out trend lot of anime even with low to mid tier animation and still claim number 1 or 2 spot. Season 5 Is a proof of this lol.

Big series like mha don't need consistency to trend unlike jjk and kny. Mha would trend very well with a low tier animation and that is something it has in common with OP.
It's good to hope but from the trailer, that seems highly unlikely. It will probably have the same quality as season 5 and 6 with a few sections getting great animation.

As for what will benefit and what will be shafted, it's hard to guess.
Genuinely sucks to hear man...shows with much smaller audiences have incomparably better qualities than MHA does throughout entire seasons

MHA's always had very good animation. It's just that people tend to overlook it.

I've always argued that Season 6 had wonderful animation. You could really look at any major battle and deduce that. The majority of it was very fluid.

4c9af50b6f4cc71dd4ee8828d0e60333e0949967.gif

tenor.gif
boku-no-hero-deku-vigilant.gif

It's just a matter of where you look.

It's just a matter of where you look.
Yeah, it is. The fact that you have to look for them sometimes is the issue. Though it's not as bad as some people say it was.
I'm not gonna say the entire season was ***** but it is overall not as good or consistent as the first three seasons.

In terms of fight scenes, the Mirko was mostly great, as was most of the Jaku Raid and several key moments of Shiggy, and the Nagant fight was the best one, and the 1-A fight delivered as well.
But in between those it can be a bit iffy, and the Deku vs Shigaraki fight was a flop in terms of style and direction that fluid punch animations can't make up for, especially in comparison to other "main event" fights in the story, like Endeavor vs Hood and AM vs AFO.

This actually branches out to this one funny common topic in the fandom, about how Deku doesn't have All Might level feats according to MHA mouthbreathers. Because if we're going strictly by manga canon, Deku vs Shigaraki is easily represented to have the biggest, widest scale of destruction and waves of shockwaves compared to any other fight prior to it. Like, a good chunk of the fight was just Deku one-sidedly beating up Shigaraki, and if we're to follow the anime interpretation where the Texas Smash wasn't a combination of Deku's smash and Shigaraki's Air Cannon, Deku basically made shockwaves larger than the shockwaves made by AFO and AM clashing fists.
The only thing that one can say is a more impressive feat was All Might changing the weather in the first chapter.

The anime did put shockwaves there but it was clunky as heck, it didn't capture the essence of Hori's art. It feels like an actual downgrade from the manga even, which is insane when the other fights I mentioned actually improved on the manga.

Season 6 was alright for me, it could've been one of the better seasons had the 100% beat down against Shigaraki been perfect. The animation wasn't bad, but the direction they choose was horrible compared to what happened in the manga. It lacked the sheer impact Horikoshi delivers with his panels and felt so weak.

Also, that Wyoming Smash was garbage. Worst 100% in the entire series, his 45% Smash against Muscular was infinitely better. Machia also deserved more love, there were cool shots but I really didn't get the level of destruction I felt like he should've gotten. The aftermath was great though, the carnage was on clear display.

Just that a lot of Machia running was covered by clouds of dust.

Season 6 level of quality is fine with me though I really hope they make it more consistent, as long as the best animated parts are where they need to be. There was some iffy moments in 6, excluding what I said above, but nothing that hinder my enjoyment. It's pretty much guaranteed that Star and Stripe vs Shigaraki will look excellent.

Can't wait to argue about the cloud splitting feats again.

Season 6 was alright for me, it could've been one of the better seasons had the 100% beat down against Shigaraki been perfect. The animation wasn't bad, but the direction they choose was horrible compared to what happened in the manga. It lacked the sheer impact Horikoshi delivers with his panels and felt so weak.

Also, that Wyoming Smash was garbage. Worst 100% in the entire series, his 45% Smash against Muscular was infinitely better. Machia also deserved more love, there were cool shots but I really didn't get the level of destruction I felt like he should've gotten. The aftermath was great though, the carnage was on clear display.

Season 6 level of quality is fine with me though I really hope they make it more consistent, as long as the best animated parts are where they need to be. There was some iffy moments in 6, excluding what I said above, but nothing that hinder my enjoyment. It's pretty much guaranteed that Star and Stripe vs Shigaraki will look excellent.

There fir has a new version of the fist bumb to the earth thats 159 GT and a bigger radius go put it into the inverse square law calculator nerd

The Deku and Shiggy fight in the sky is what made me stop watching the anime entirely, especially when none of the hits from Deku felt stronger than his normal attacks. Not to mention when his Wyoming Smash was just him hitting Shiggy repeatedly like a child LOL

Back