• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

I paid attention to it for like, a collective of five seconds, and afterwards, tried to negotiate with my brain cells to delete what I saw from my memory.

Because it's stupid.

Oh God, is it so stupid.

Lord have mercy—THESE PEOPLE PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SKY BEING TOO BLUE

Look, I get it... MHA doesn't have the best backgrounds (for some reason) but the sky being blue is like... how is that the problem?

What's it supposed to be? Periwinkle? Navy blue? True Blue? Turquoise? Teal?

******* green?

These people can maybe stretch this too, "for certain scenes, the sky should be a different color to portray different types of atmosphere" but even then, that's not a matter of the sky, that's a matter concerning background. Background effects /=/ sky color.

No, some of these dudes are LITERALLY complaining about the sky not being a specific shade of blue... Christ.

90% of the time, the sky is supposed to be blue, and I don't wanna hear some gold fish IQ'd, media illiterate, color blinded blue bird social media clown say otherwise.

MHA is not perfect. There's tons of flaws, of differing severities, but the anime adhering to what should be common sense isn't one of those. This should be the LAST thing we should be talking about.

Like, seriously... out of all the things to complain about, these people pick the sky being blue???

Nah bro, I'm done with AniTwitter 😂😂😂 that community is so ******* cooked to hell and back that God convinced the devil himself to have a BBQ on it for ***** and giggles.

** man, I'm gonna need a shot of Hennessey after this to cope with the fact that such stupidity is so ***** widespread somehow. This is beyond stupid. I'm convinced that the people making these takes have whole ass DEGREES in media illiteracy. Saying they went to university for shit like this isn't a plausible of enough explanation.

You have to have at LEAST a PHD to be this proficient in talking out of your ass.
No, the complaints are absolutely valid because of one little thing

Atmosphere

A clear blue sky like it's a pleasant day doesn't mesh well with the current situation at hand and has ruined some impact shots due to it. It's not even about it being "too blue" but because of how it rips the atmosphere out of the scenes. Stop coping.

No, the complaints are absolutely valid because of one little thing

Atmosphere

A clear blue sky like it's a pleasant day doesn't mesh well with the current situation at hand and has ruined some impact shots due to it. It's not even about it being "too blue" but because of how it rips the atmosphere out of the scenes. Stop coping.
True, I love when the weather instantly changes because the guy got mad. Honestly though, AFO had Nine, so that might work.

How something looks is always going to be opinionated, there is no obviously right answer. It's fine for people to dislike and like how the setting is drawn.

I personally never had any issue with the "atmosphere" or whatever, but it's perfectly alright if other people don't like it.

I don't see why anyone needs to get bent out of shape over it.

"Doesn't mesh well my ass."
Too bad, because guess what time most of these battles take place in?

That's right genius, day time.

You could maybe stretch the idea that maybe Bones should have different colored backgrounds depending on the scene, but for the most part, if something takes place in the middle of the day time, with clear blue skies in the manga, expect the sky to be blue in the anime.

This should be common sense, but alas, it seems the cavemen on Twitter have abandoned such principles.

Seriously. Be logical about this.

These episodes are like 23 minutes long at the MINIMUM.

Most of the events in BNHA happen in day time or during clear blue skies.

How often do you think the sky is reasonably going to be shown as blue?

It sure as hell isn't one, two, or three times, because again, it's day time.

You can't just ignore the color of the background for twenty three ******* minutes straight.

The sky being blue doesn't take away from anything because it's supposed to be blue. Realistically, if an episode takes place during day time, with clear blue skies, the sky is going to look blue 90% of the time.

It has looked blue 90% of the time.

Most of the Sports Festival arc was animated with a blue sky.

The majority of season one as well.

The sky being blue doesn't take away from any of the atmosphere. You could get a bullet lodged through your skill in the middle of the day time. The sky being blue would not make the event look any less horrifying.

Again, I'd like to repeat, if the blue sky bothers you so much, what color do you think they should make it? Red, orange, yellow, green, or pink? You're literally doing mental gymnastics to argue something that can be refuted through common sense. This is no different to arguing about whether or not water is wet.

How something looks is always going to be opinionated, there is no obviously right answer. It's fine for people to dislike and like how the setting is drawn.
Rusty.

If someone tells you that a studio animating the sky to be blue is wrong, that isn't a matter of differing opinions, this is a matter of common sense.

This is like someone saying that trees shouldn't be colored green in anime, or that clouds shouldn't be white. It's just stupid, because you're arguing over something when the conclusion is obvious.

A better comparison would be someone complaining that the sky being pitch black during night time looks wrong, when 90% of the time, that's how it's supposed to look.

"Doesn't mesh well my ass."
Too bad, because guess what time most of these battles take place in?

That's right genius, day time.

You could maybe stretch the idea that maybe Bones should have different colored backgrounds depending on the scene, but for the most part, if something takes place in the middle of the day time, with clear blue skies in the manga, expect the sky to be blue in the anime.

This should be common sense, but alas, it seems the cavemen on Twitter have abandoned such principles.

Seriously. Be logical about this.

These episodes are like 23 minutes long at the MINIMUM.

Most of the events in BNHA happen in day time or during clear blue skies.

How often do you think the sky is reasonably going to be shown as blue?

It sure as hell isn't one, two, or three times, because again, it's day time.

You can't just ignore the color of the background for twenty three ******* minutes straight.

The sky being blue doesn't take away from anything because it's supposed to be blue. Realistically, if an episode takes place during day time, with clear blue skies, the sky is going to look blue 90% of the time.

It has looked blue 90% of the time.

Most of the Sports Festival arc was animated with a blue sky.

The majority of season one as well.

The sky being blue doesn't take away from any of the atmosphere. You could get a bullet lodged through your skill in the middle of the day time. The sky being blue would not make the event look any less horrifying.

Again, I'd like to repeat, if the blue sky bothers you so much, what color do you think they should make it? Red, orange, yellow, green, or pink? You're literally doing mental gymnastics to argue something that can be refuted through common sense. This is no different to arguing about whether or not water is wet.
Yeah I think I'm a little sick right now with a cold, so sorry for being so affirmative in my wording, it's a fault of mine.

Also, like, even if it's daytime it doesn't need to all be clear skies. It can easily be turned to cloudy. Like, it's a genuine complaint that shouldn't be passed off.

Also, like, even if it's daytime it doesn't need to all be clear skies. It can easily be turned to cloudy.
There's also still a problem with thinking like that.

The majority of the time, the sky is always blue in BNHA, even in the manga. If you look at the panels, you can almost always affirm that the sky color is blue, with very few clouds in the background, even though there's no color.

Asking Bones to color it something different is like asking them to be inaccurate to the source material for no apparent reason outside of "well, I don't think it looks right." If it did look off (and it doesn't btw), nobody would even care enough to do it differently because it's not even a big deal.

There's also still a problem with thinking like that.

The majority of the time, the sky is always blue in BNHA, even in the manga. If you look at the panels, you can almost always affirm that the sky color is blue, with very few clouds in the background, even though there's no color.

Asking Bones to color it something different is like asking them to be inaccurate to the source material for no apparent reason outside of "well, I don't think it looks right." If it did look off (and it doesn't btw), nobody would even care enough to do it differently because it's not even a big deal.
I'm in the boat that straying away from the source material can be better than strictly following it. Walking away from MHA a bit, a studio can rearrange some scenes so that events can go by smoother as opposed to what could be done in a weekly series. Get me?

I get why some people don't like it. I remember looking at some of the scenes between the anime and manga. Manga likes to use a variety of backgrounds during certain scenes which definitely set the tone better than the anime but it would probably be hard to match that exactly like the manga because of it being animation.

But who knows.

Mineta should've been the traitor, it would actually explain him being completely worthless.
Either:
1. He slightly improves, because he no longer has to has to act over the top and hide shit, and finally thinks he's worthy, also that's why his head bleeds.
2. He just reveals he was acting like that to hide this, and is some cold-blooded killer.
3. He was secretly a 40-year-old man.

I'm in the boat that straying away from the source material can be better than strictly following it. Walking away from MHA a bit, a studio can rearrange some scenes so that events can go by smoother as opposed to what could be done in a weekly series. Get me?
The problem is that this isn't one of those times.

Bones would have to have a legitimate reason to alter the sky color. They can't just do it because they feel like it or because someone doesn't like the sky being blue, because bottom line, the sky being blue is fine. It doesn't ruin anything.

It wasn't a problem when Deku was going all out against Overhaul, nor was it an issue when he fought against Todoroki. Both fights were during the day time with clear blue skies, and yet they're some of the most remembered and favored moments of the series. Why should it be an issue now?

And for the record, Bones DID change the sky color. For the second half of season six, it went from blue, to night time, to gray. They do change the sky color but only to be accurate to the manga.

Almost every time they've strayed away from the main story, it was for weird fanservice.

Bro has the best memory in the world.
I just read/watch this series far too many times that I know a lots of really insignificant things by heart at this point.

Yet I still miss really important stuff and that bothers me a lot.

It's really less about the sky being too blue or whatever, more on the laziness aspect of it. It looks samey, transplanted in every daytime scene.
Backgrounds are there to create and fit the atmosphere. As Gitagon puts it, even Slice of Life anime put a lot of thought on background, including the color and shade of the sky, among other things.

Perhaps Gitagon is right for blaming the company behind MHA's background. Because BONES have a different company doing backgrounds for Mob Psycho 100 and they don't have really have the issue.

And look, people rag on MHA for no valid reason, and this is not the end of the world because it is something to be considered minor. However, this is a legitimate criticism whether that pleases you or not.

With that said, MHA does have good sky shots in certain parts of the story, mostly during the episdoes where BONES decides to go all-out. Like Endeavor and Hawks vs Hood. There are other scenes that uses the sky background to emphasize the somberness of the story, like All Might revealing to Deku and Nighteye prohosized his death.
So MHA having shit backgrounds all the time is a bad faith hyperbole from detractors.

That's all I have to say in the matter.

Do you know of any interesting vs for shigaraki? Would Toichiro be interesting?
There are only two Toichiro named characters I can find, and I have a suspicious you aren't talking about the Tier 1-B guy.

Shigaraki is a hard character to have matches for, he either stomps or gets stomped.

Toichiro seems interesting, his 20% would be around 13 TT (?) which is higher than Shigaraki's rating.

His Lifting Strength is inferior, 22,609,345,926 Metric Tons vs 93,006,374,246 Metric Tons.

I'm not seeing anything that makes it a stomp, but I don't know this guy.

As far as I know the sky is blue half the time, it doesn't usually care much if there are wars.
but hey, with the storm caused by the Todoroki's heat, maybe they'll be happy.

Well anyway, have we settled on what we’re doing with new Bakugo yet or what?

Obviously needs a new rating for this state, but is he just gonna be High 6-C scaling higher than his previous self, or possibly 6-B for stinging ShigAFO (while not understanding how to maximize the power of his explosions by focusing on the pain) and destroying Rewind AFO’s attacks. At the least his current power is higher than the howitzer he fired against ShigAFO.

And before someone brings up “AFO said he’s weaker than Endeavor/Dark Shadow,” he said that before Bakugo understood how to access the actually powerful explosions from his pain that make him believe he’s equal if not faster than Current Deku/Complete Shigaraki. So not only was AFO downplaying him, calling him extra, pointless, a pebble, nothing, because he’s a hater that has downplayed literally everyone he’s ever fought out of sheer pettiness and main character syndrome, but Bakugo wasn’t even using his full power yet cause he just learned how to do it.

IMO, “High 6-C, possibly 6-B with Explosion, higher with Howitzer Impact” seems reasonable.

Obviously needs a new rating for this state, but is he just gonna be High 6-C scaling higher than his previous self, or possibly 6-B for stinging ShigAFO (while not understanding how to maximize the power of his explosions by focusing on the pain) and destroying Rewind AFO’s attacks. At the least his current power is higher than the howitzer he fired against ShigAFO.

And before someone brings up “AFO said he’s weaker than Endeavor/Dark Shadow,” he said that before Bakugo understood how to access the actually powerful explosions from his pain that make him believe he’s equal if not faster than Current Deku/Complete Shigaraki. So not only was AFO downplaying him, calling him extra, pointless, a pebble, nothing, because he’s a hater that has downplayed literally everyone he’s ever fought out of sheer pettiness and main character syndrome, but Bakugo wasn’t even using his full power yet cause he just learned how to do it.

IMO, “High 6-C, possibly 6-B with Explosion, higher with Howitzer Impact” seems reasonable.
I agree.

Yeah the AFO statement definitely did feel a tinge like AFO being his usual hating self, knowing him he'd probably say the same thing even after the bullying Bakugo just gave him. I definitely think he should have at least possibly 6-B because he pretty blatantly scales above the pre-packed Bakugo and to them.

Back