• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So this question has been ringing in my mind now. And the last thread for this has died off without getting a conclusive answer. To revive it would be necro, so I decided to make a new one.

-Nanashi is at his endgame High 2-A key.

-Abel is also at High 2-A.

-Speed is equalized.

-Standard Battle Assumptions for the rest.

Nanashi: 4 (Yvel Atsly, Abu2411, Elizhaa, lonliosite)

Abel: 2 (Yobo Blue, Thatsafloridathing)

I'll lead. Assuming Nanashi at his state of beating Krishna and stuff he definitely has higher AP advantage for being above Luci and Merkabah to a higher degree, plus he would have his pierce hax which non even tetra can negate on top of another attack boost, i see Nanashi taking this mid diff

(Actually its more like low diff)

Yeah, Nanashi is a bit too much for Abel. Abel's best feat was beating Lucifer while Nanashi being Nanashi fought and beat Krishna and Vishnu-flynn.

I will count that.

By the way I don't really care about getting this added despite me keeping votes. I just want it to conclude so it can put a closure for me.

Abu2411 said:
Yeah, Nanashi is a bit too much for Abel. Abel's best feat was beating Lucifer while Nanashi being Nanashi fought and beat Krishna and Vishnu-flynn.
That's a bit of a understatement. Abel defeated Lucifer early on before becoming the King of Bel, so there's no reason he should be that far behind in AP. Additionally, it was mentioned in the last thread Abel's summoning skill >>> Nanashi's, and his auto barriers and status inducement with every blow is a bit hard for him to ignore.

But nanashi has pierce, and I haven't seen the thread for Abel's summoning. Nanashi also defeated a much stronger Lucifer and Merkabah in the same night, and he hadn't even reached his peak until he eventually defeated Vishnu-Flynn, who is way stronger than krishna who is way stronger than lucifer and merkabah.

And Abel beat him before becoming the King of Bel, After besting him he absorbed Belberith and Babel and gained a existence close to YHVH's level and became a threat to him, even ignoring his power boost from becoming Awakened. He's also stated to be the strongest Avatar of YHVH to possibly exist, making him far above Merkabah even without all that.

Abu2411 said:
What are shields? Also the large AP gap may make it irrelevant.
Forcefields that block the first few physical and magic attacks, or reflect them as some other shields to. If Abel gets a single hit in, Nanashi probably gets petrified and hit with Venomous Raga level status effects. Additionally, Abel as King of Bel can freely summon demons from the expanse.

Except Lucifer was not even taking the fight against Abel seriously. Sure, he absorbed babel and belberith right after but I don't know where you are getting him being the strongest avatar of YHVH from.

Also, Lucifer is considered a threat to YHVH, despite being ridiculously weaker than him. The term threat is just used to mean an opposition in this context.

Abu2411 said:
Except Lucifer was not even taking the fight against Abel seriously. Sure, he absorbed babel and belberith right after but I don't know where you are getting him being the strongest avatar of YHVH from.

Also, Lucifer is considered a threat to YHVH, despite being ridiculously weaker than him. The term threat is just used to mean an opposition in this context.
Not really? At best, he wasn't expecting him to defeat him. It's not implied Lucifer was anywhere above them necessarily.

Its explicitly stated in game Abel is the most powerful servant of YHVH to possibly exist.

No, Abel explicitly was forcing back his armies and reached a level where YHVH actively acknowledged his power. That's something Lucifer has never had.

Not to mention Nanashi required more help for his significant AP feats, unlike Abel

Yobo Blue said:
Abu2411 said:

Not really? At best, he wasn't expecting him to defeat him. It's not implied Lucifer was anywhere above them necessarily.
Its explicitly stated in game Abel is the most powerful servant of YHVH to possibly exist.

No, Abel explicitly was forcing back his armies and reached a level where YHVH actively acknowledged his power. That's something Lucifer has never had.

Not to mention Nanashi required more help for his significant AP feats, unlike Abel

I mean he dosen't nesscarily need his allies, he can defeat them with or without their aid.

Plus where was the strongest servant thing put? It may say that but that dosen't mean he can automatically qualify as being above Merkabah since he existed no where in the DeSu multiverse. Plus with that logic that can probably mean he's above Satan as well.

And pierce definetly ignornes shields. Its on the same level if not even better than almighty

Abel defeating Lucifer and him not expecting to be defeated was because Lucifer was above Abel and his party, heavily implied to have gone down with a narrow fight.

The statement "One of the most powerful servants of yhvh" has been used on beings like metatron before iirc.

I'm confused. Which Abel are we using? You can't use feats from 2 different endings that are the complete opposite of each other.

Yeah, we can't take statments like that too literally.

And its High 2-A Fully Awakened Overlord Abel in the new Naoya 3DS route

I only completed the Amane route in the OG devil survivor, so I am a bit confused as to why Abel is referred to as God's most powerful servant and also as a threat against him.

This isn't "one of though", it's straight up "the strongest", which is constantly supported by other things.

Pierce only ignores resistances boi

IDK. Honestly I think it's inconclusive since even if Nanashi has the AP (and SMT scaling is always funky), Abel essentially incaps with one blow due to status effects.

It can literally ignore shields liike tetra and makarakan. Almighty should be able to ignore shields as well and Pierce is at least on the same level if not better. Therefore pierce can ignore shields

Also even if they said he's the strongest servant that still iffy since they said that only God is stronger than Metatron which itself is later contradicted by the IV angels and stuff

Yvel Atsly said:
Also even if they said he's the strongest servant that still iffy since they said that only God is stronger than Metatron which itself is later contradicted by the IV angels and stuff
Idk. I don't think there were any angels that were specifically mentioned to be stronger than Metatron in IV but ok

It was explicit. Metatron relied on their power to handle Abel after being defeated and destroy the multiverse. And you mean Nanashi and his friends?

Yvel Atsly said:
It was explicit. Metatron relied on their power to handle Abel after being defeated and destroy the multiverse. And you mean Nanashi and his friends?
Nah, Metatron needed a thousand other things, like holy water and 2 of the three auxiliary Archangels as backup

Oh.I mean the scaling is pretty clear. Plus Metatron needed to break his headphones to defeat him.

Base Lucifer<<<<<Merkabah=Demon Lord Lucifer<<<Shesha Third Form<<<Krishna=<<<<<Vishnu Flynn<Nanashi<<<<Dagda

Yobo Blue said:
IDK. Honestly I think it's inconclusive since even if Nanashi has the AP (and SMT scaling is always funky), Abel essentially incaps with one blow due to status effects.
Also Nanashi can have the Babylon Ring which nullifies all status effects

Yeah, but isn't Abel immadiatly using or having status effect also optional? He can only have a few moves at a time of course

Back