• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
A while ago i did this calc about deva paths speed.

The result was mach 43 (high hypersonic) and several characters can be powerscaled to that speed.

Here is a list:

-Sage mode Naruto

-Sage mode Jiraiya

-Kakashi (fought deva path )

-MS Sasuke (could keep up with kakashi even without his MS)

-Base Raikage (He is one of the fastest shinobi even in base)

-Base Naruto ( could fight deva path for a while ,although he should be a little slower)

And from the above characters there are several other mid high tiers of the series that can be powerscaled to that speed:

-Base Jiraiya ,Tsunade and Orochimaru

-Itachi (when he was sick)

-Kisame ( has fought itachi several times though i don't know exacly if they are cannon material from the manga so this is debatable)

-Kabuto

-Killer B

-Might Guy (kakashi's rival)

-Rock lee ?

-Gaara ?

Also

-Current base naruto

-Base Toneri

There's something odd about this in my opinion. If Madara is MHS scaling from Hashirama dodging the Bijuu Bomb, how did mach 43 characters (Tsunade) force him into using a clone? Wouldn't that suggest that they're faster than mach 43?

well this calc isn't changing much, i don't believe much is needed to be said, it only affirms more what we already know...

@illuminati Currently most characters are rated below mach 25 so it's a change.

@Non-Bias Madara was just playing with the kages , tsunade didn't exacly force him to use aa clone.But i do believe tsunade and the other hypersonic+ kages should have a decent amount of speed to be able to fight (even a non serious) mach 449 madara.

Kisame one depends I believe the game stated that it had some exclusive footage that includes some of the Akatsuki forming and all and I recall kishimoto being involved so it's likely canon.

And the new kages got MHS+ feats in the boruto movie especially Gaara IIRC

This seems like mass powerscaling which is usually faulty. I'm fine with upgrades so long as they are people who fought pain directly and as long as it could be considered a legit fight, and not a brief few second skirmish.

@Illuminati If sage mode naruto was already mach 40 then why he is listed as hypersonic+?

@Sheoth If the people who fought pain got upgraded then people who fought those people should get upgraded ,resulting in mass powerscaling.

Should i upgrade six paths of pain ,SM jiraiya and SM naruto now?

I guess it would make sense that they get upgraded, but it still can be faulty at times.

I would wait for another admin or twos input before changing everything.

@Sheoth

I will ask for their opinio.

Can i change the people who fought pain now?

@CHILL i know

Mass powerscaling can often be faulty, but this seems to be within reason and not too out there that it brings up problems and questions which need to be addressed.

I agree with Azathoth. Mass powerscaling should be fine in this case. I'm fine with the upgrades.

Shouldn't sage mode Naruto have massively hypersonic reactions too for dodging the Third Raikage's strongest attack at the last second?

Ima just copypaste what I said in the Sarutobi Hiruzen comments:

http://i.imgur.com/GQvwCzj.png Edo Tensei Hiruzen speed upgrade.

In chapter 120 we also see Base Hiruzen simultaneously engaging Hashirama and Tobirama in taijutsu and placing a paper tag on each of them fast enough that neither they nor Orochimaru noticed.

These are emphatically not the actions of a mere Hypersonic+ or even High Hypersonic+ character. The fact that Orochimaru could keep up with Hiruzen means he probably should also get powerscaled to Hashirama's level.

@UzumakiKurisu hmm you are probably right

@Tordirycgoyust Orochimaru from shippuden is high hypersonic ,but generally we don't scale pre time skip from post time skip since characters tend to get stronger.So base (old) hiruzen should stay at hypersonic+

Now for edo Hiruzen it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to upgrade him at high hypersonic ,but i want more people's opinion on this.

Kkapoios said:
@Tordirycgoyust Orochimaru from shippuden is high hypersonic ,but generally we don't scale pre time skip from post time skip since characters tend to get stronger.So base (old) hiruzen should stay at hypersonic+
Now for edo Hiruzen it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to upgrade him at high hypersonic ,but i want more people's opinion on this.
Both Base (Chuunin Exam arc fight) and Edo Tensei (linked image) Hiruzen are being scaled against exactly the same character (Edo Tensei Hashirama, who, being dead, is in no fit state to train or anything, and so is one of exactly two characters we CAN reliably powerscale back in time from), so this applies to both pre- and post-timeskip versions of the characters.

Edo hashirama and tobirama from chuunin exam where much weaker than their original power (this is actually stated) so their speed was drastically decreased.

Unless it's considered a outlier or something Edo Hizuren did arrive at the battlefield at the exact same time as Hashirama and Tobirama.

...Huh... So let me get this straight. Hiruzen, Hashirama, and Tobirama retain exactly the same relative speed, as near as can be measured, despite Hashirama and Tobirama getting stronger (by some unknown quantity) and Hiruzen getting (very slightly) weaker? Kabuto's level of refinement, at least as regards speed, was evidently miniscule (which does make sense because Tobirama only ever mentioned a particularly large difference between his own version and Orochimaru's. Kabuto was always more enthusiastic about the jutsu costing him in particular no chakra, his level of control, and other such supplementary things).

I've noticed that most of the changes dicussed here have yet to be implemented. Further, if I may quote myself from the Kakashi talk page:

"... Why is Part 1 Kakashi listed as being slower than Part 1 Neji (who, according to every measure I've been able to find, was Hypersonic at that point)? He personally speedblitzed him during the prelims (with his byakugan on, no less), to say nothing of the powerscaling issues. http://s958.photobucket.com/user/Hazard_Pictures/media/JouninSpeed.jpg.html?t=1301795875 Given how far those jonin moved in the time Neji could move his arm, I don't see how you could argue for less than High Hypersonic, and once you powerscale against the tokubetu jonin and the casual stance MHS starts looking like a reasonable argument, though I'll be conservative and argue for High Hypersonic+. High Hypersonic+ also agrees with the speed we've been seeing out of most of the other S-Rank shinobi in Part 1. "

Can someone explain why the Mach 5.5-9 calc from the OBD isn't accepted in place of that one? Or are we just considering the fact that Kishimoto drew inconsistently?

Back