• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto Moon Revision: It's Not Actually Hollow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know some of us here are more than at their limit with dealing with Naruto threads. And that we have debated this topic a number of times in the past. That being said, some new evidence for this topic has recently come to light that I am very certain has never been actually addressed here before. I have had my suspicions about this for some time, but now i'd like to address this after looking into this myself.

PLEASE. READ. EVERYTHING. I know my thread may be somewhat long and detailed, and some of you wont really feel up to scouring through the entire post, but I ask you to please read every point as it'll be crucial to understand what my proposals are. Also, for the people who will agree with my proposals, I ask that you please Kudos my post so that way it'll be easier to determine who agrees and who doesnt. Now lets begin.

What The Current Standards We Have Are
So currently, we treat the Moon in the Naruto Universe as a moon that is partially hollowed out because of Hamura Ōtsutsuki and the branch family of the Otsutsuki Clan migrating to the Moon in order to keep watch over the sealed away Gedo Statue. And because they are migrating to the Moon to live within it's interior, the Moon has an inner environment. To get a refresher about this, you can go to the Moon's page on the Naruto wikia.

Basically, because of the Otsutsuki Clan migrating into the Moons interior, the Moon in the Naruto Universe is believed to be hollowed out to the extent that we currently treat it as and acccept for feats (mostly involving Toneri). However, when doing some re-looking into this, this standard....is not exactly true.

The Moon Is Not Actually Hollow
As the title says. Again, yes, we are doing this once more. We've had a number of discussions on whether or not we should consider the moon full, hollow, and if hollow by how much, etc. But with the new/never brought up evidence that I've looked into and gathered, we need to have this discussion again.

Now, there is no question that the moon in the Naruto Universe has an interior. That much we know. However, "interior" in this context is not what people should currently see it as. My proposal is that the interior of the moon is...not actually literally inside of the moon, as in directly under the moons surface. Instead, the interior of the moon is actually inside of a pocket dimension that just lies inside the moon as like a spatial distortion. And there is a good amount of evidence that would prove this notion to be the case. This was the only vid on Youtube I found that has the full subbed movie . It's a reaction vid as they are watching the movie, but it will do the trick here. The evidence and timeframes are as followed:

The Moon's Diagram
14:20. As the Kage's discuss the situation of Toneri moving the moon closer to Earth, a diagram of the moon itself is shown before the Kage and what would happen if the Moon was to completely come apart and destroy Earth. Notice how, in this diagram, the environment that the Otsutsuki Clan lived in while living on the Moon is not shown in this diagram in any way. Only the full remnants of the moon are displayed. This would already show that the environment isnt literally physically inside of the moon.

Hinatas Byakugan is Distorted
26:20. Hinata uses her Byakugan to help Naruto's squad locate a cave that has a special spring at the bottom of it (I'll get to this in a minute). When they get to this spring, Shikamaru asks Hinata what she is able to see at the bottom of the spring, and she responds that her Byakugan's vision is being distorted when she tries looking inside of it.

It needs to be remembered that not only is this spring that they enter is a portal between the earth and the moon, but this spring is also a pocket dimension in itself as well where it leaves victims who travel within it inside a genjutsu world of memories and this space has a gatekeeper to prevent unwanted visitors from coming to the moon (that would be the giant crab that Sakura beat). This is actually where the Genjutsu Ball Trap technique occurs. And here's a scan of what part of this space looks like to prove even more that it is a pocket dimension that can be physically traveled in:
Genjutsu Ball Trap

The Oceans and Skies "within" the Moo
38:45. After leaving the spring, and getting onto the moon, Shikamaru immediately becomes confused by seeing the oceans and skies "inside" of the moon, asking "What is this place?". Following that, Naruto asks if the island they see in the sky is floating, and Shikamaru responds with "No. The surface of the ocean is warped".

Another thing that should be kept in mind is that, when looking at the skies, we never see anything like the Moons interior or whatnot being as some kind of dome in the atmosphere. We see an actual sky with clouds floating.

The Bridge Dimension between Earth and the Moo
Finally, the portal between the earth and the moon being a pocket dimension on its own should support the environment "inside" the moon being in its own pocket dimension as well. Why? Because the portal being a pocket space is explicit evidence of the Otsutsuki Clan having pocket dimension creating abilities. This point needs some more explanation for you to understand, so i'll explain in more detail.

While it is true that Hamura and the Otsutsuki Clan's branch family are responsible for the creation of the environment that they lived in when migrating to the moon, there isnt any actual real evidence that says the Otsutsuki literally hollowed out the moon's interior insides and filled it with such large scale things like landscapes, mountains, oceans, clouds and....oh yeah, a sky.

Meanwhile, evidence tells us that the Otsutsuki Clans environment is, or simply can easily be, a pocket space that they are more than capable of creating for themselves without actually needing to make the moon physically hollow. And this evidence comes from the existence of the bridge dimension that acts as a portal between the earth and the moon. After all, the portal between the earth and moon is located in a cave on earth itself, so that would mean Hamura and his clan had to have created this portal in order to reach the moon in the first place. Otherwise, there would be 0 need for it's existence. And as proven already, the portal is in fact it's own pocket dimension.

So by creating this portal and it's space, the Otsutsuki Clan with Hamura would already posess pocket space creating abilities, making it a smaller leap in logic to simply say the clan made a pocket space to reside in as opposed to the bigger leap in logic by saying they spent a longer amount of time, years and years if anything, to hollow out part of the moon.

Addressing a likely Rebutal to this
Given the topic, and because I can kind of see where this will immediately go from those who will disagree, im going to counter some of the arguments I feel will come up in an attempt to reject this proposal. Which, for now, is only like 1.

Rebuttal: "Toneri blasted holes in/sliced open the moon, therefore the inside isnt a pocket dimension"
Response: This point may be the only actual debatable contradiction that the opposition would be able to use to argue against this. And even then it's still wrong.

Yes, Toneri in the movie did blast holes in the moon to connect the inside of it's interior with the outside, and did the samething when he used GWRE to split the moon in 2. However, something needs to be remembered here. This is the same Toneri who, in base form, was able to dispel space-time distortions. And this is the same verse where someone, someone even much weaker than Toneri, is able to use sheer power in order to warp space (Guy's Night Guy says hello). It should be extremely reasonable to say Toneri's actual attacks would be able to warp and blast through the space of a pocket dimension, which would explain why holes in the moon can lead to the outside. It doesnt mean the inside is literally in the inside of the moon's interior itself, but that Toneri can shoot attacks that open holes in space. This point is also especially glaring since Toneri is literally the only person in the entire movie whos is able to blast open holes in the moon, which would give this notion more support.

That should do it for now.

Conclusion
Based on everything I found and presented, the moon in the Naruto Universe being hollow is either debatable, very unlikely, or just flat out wrong. So lets discuss this again.

>The Moon's Diagram

>14:20. As the Kage's discuss the situation of Toneri moving the moon closer to Earth, a diagram of the moon itself is shown before the Kage and what would happen if the Moon was to completely come apart and destroy Earth. Notice how, in this diagram, the environment that the Otsutsuki Clan lived in while living on the Moon is not shown in this diagram in any way. Only the full remnants of the moon. are displayed. This would already show that the environment isnt literally physically inside of the moon.

Yeah this is a lame reason. The Kages don't know of anything in the moon, their diagram is literal a representation of what they know and can confirm from the moon's speed.

To their knowledge it's a solic rock in space that's breaking down at a specific rate.

Seriously, it's like you're trying to handwave all the times holes are blasted in the moon from inside via Naruto's own chakra when Hinata leaves with Toneri, when Toneri makes a gust of wind that blasts a hole from inside, when Kurama literally pushes the Hagoromo statue from inside the moon to outside, when Toneri cuts the damn moon in half and we see the blade crossing inside the interior.

You have literally nothing to prove it's a pocket dimension and frankly it's just laughable you're trying to hand wave everything with such an attempt. This just reads as grasps at straws to try to upgrade the feat from it's current ahem 15% hollowness.

Yeah, no. Like seriously, no lie, this is stupid.

Anyways, it was already decided in a previous thread about the moon and agreed upon by Kep, Burning (who was staff back then) and Shadow that the moon is much more hollow than currently accepted. Decided and agreed after said staff rewatched scenes of the movie and read The Last Novel which describes the moon as much more hollow as well from 60 to 80%.

No mention of these "pocket dimensions" too in the novel, how quaint.

Oh right, the one 5-B thread interrupted the moon downgrade stuff. So it never got implemented.

yeah this is a lame reason. The Kages don't know of anything in the moo

and u know better then them why?

60%+ hollowness is nothing but fanfic

movie showed us less then 10% to 0% hollowness

and fans assuming that it has 60%+ hollowness

actually using the distance to the sun from the ground in the moon, 60% hollowness makes no sense.

I keep wondering why we dont just calc it but keep guessing? calc the size of the sun and then ang size to the ground. we get a distance.

>Yeah this is a lame reason. The Kages don't know of anything in the moon, their diagram is literal a representation of what they know and can confirm from the moon's speed.

I had a feeling this counter-argument would come up but wasnt sure it actually would, so I didnt address it before. i'll address it now.

This is nothing but an excuse. The fact that the Kage were able to get a holographic diagram of the moon in general to show a representation of what it would do to Earth already throws out "they didnt know of anything inside of the moon". Because that implies the Kage were only able to gain a limited amount of information from the moon, which is a burden of proof that you must prove. And they would have to know of all the Moon's contents in order to not....well....panic over falsely gathered information.

>To their knowledge it's a solic rock in space that's breaking down at a specific rate.

"Solid rock". And again, how would they have gathered that information about the Moon without seriously knowing an interior environment was physically and literally under the moon? Thats cherry picking gathered information about the moon.

>Seriously, it's like you're trying to handwave all the times holes are blasted in the moon from inside via Naruto's own chakra when Hinata leaves with Toneri, when Toneri makes a gust of wind that blasts a hole from inside, when Kurama literally pushes the Hagoromo statue from inside the moon to outside, when Toneri cuts the damn moon in half and we see the blade crossing inside the interior

And it looks like you didnt read everything in my thread like I kindly asked you to do. You probably missed the blatant counter-argument I gave to this with Toneri having spatial manipulation, which would easily account for the fact on why holes from the interior of the moon can be made to conntect to it's outside. Toneri can affect space-time, even in base form. And even someone much weaker than Toneri can warp space with sheer power.

Actual attacks made by Toneri being able to affect space is extremely reasonable.

>You have literally nothing to prove it's a pocket dimension

Besides the first 3 evidences I give that would support this being a pocket dimension. Hinata's Byakugan being distorted, the ocean inside the moon being warped, the portal between both the earth and the moon being its own pocket dimension too.

I'd appreciate you not ignoring evidence next time since your counter doesnt address literally any of this Imade.

>and frankly it's just laughable you're trying to hand wave everything with such an attempt. This just reads as grasps at straws to try to upgrade the feat from it's current ahem

And no offense. its laughable that you've ignored, like, 75% of this threads explanation and evidence on why I think the current ahem is wrong. Me and multiple other users.

Address them and then we can talk.

> Actual attacks made by Toneri being able to affect space is extremely reasonable.

Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding this - are you using your headcanon of Toneri being able to send his attacks through space-time in order to justify the idea that the Moon is a 100% solid object, and that holes in the Moon's surface aren't connecting to the interior of the Moon but connecting to some pocket dimension that overlaps the Moon?

Damage3245 said:
Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding this - are you using your headcanon of Toneri being able to send his attacks through space-time in order to justify the idea that the Moon is a 100% solid object, and that holes in the Moon's surface aren't connecting to the interior of the Moon but connecting to some pocket dimension that overlaps the Moon?
Yes. And unless im missing something, there's nothing headcanon about this.

Toneri is able to affect space-time even in his base form. And Might Guy, someone whos much weaker than Toneri is, can warp space with sheer power. Toneri's attacks being able to go through space-time is, again, extremely reasonable based on these 2 pieces of evidence.

??? Opposite of reasonable. Might Guy has literally nothing to do with Toneri's power. That's one of the biggest stretches I've ever seen.

I think he was talking about how warping space isn't hard to do since someone as weak as might guy did it compared to Toneri

>This is nothing but an excuse. The fact that the Kage were able to get a holographic diagram of the moon in general to show a representation of what it would do to Earth already throws out "they didnt know of anything inside of the moon". Because that implies the Kage were only able to gain a limited amount of information from the moon, which is a burden of proof that you must prove. And they would have to know of all the Moon's contents in order to not....well....panic over falsely gathered information.

I'm sorry Kukui but you're Shifting Burden of Proof here; IMade's objection is reasonable considering that very same scene shows us the Kage themselves explicitly have no clue if the Moon's falling is a natural phenomenon or man-made. To presume, as you assert, that the diagram was made by someone knowledgable of the moon (thus it can be trusted to prove its solidity) they would have had to visit it or scry it somehow and would know there's a pocket dimension there and would in no reasonable way even begin to think it was natural.

Simply put: you have the burden of proof to show the Kages made that diagram with full knowledge of the Moon's layout and then provide an explanation as to how they somehow just missed the alleged pocket dimension your theory posits, and then explain how they had no clue of Toneri's presence.

Another issue I take:

>And Might Guy, someone whos much weaker than Toneri is, can warp space with sheer power. Toneri's attacks being able to go through space-time is, again, extremely reasonable based on these 2 pieces of evidence.

You quite literally admit to this theory being headcanon when Damage asked you. It has no evidence based in canon. Being able to warp space through raw power and being able to teleport through space are so completely disparate ideas that your attempt to conflate them is absurdly hard to even quantify in how laughably wrong it is.

Essentially: your evidence is faulty, you did not establish proper support for your initial assertion which is the 'strongest' piece of evidence you have, your theory relies on purposeful and willful ignorance of canon feats, and you come up with an entire headcanon to dismiss the actual facts to provide a rather shoddy defense of your handwaving canon.

The strongest defense you have is here is the non-falsifiable headcanon of 'pocket dimension' for which no evidence directly exists. The thread IMade linked showcases several knowledgable members all discussing this same precise topic but it got derailed by a conveniently-timed influx of other Naruto CRTs to deflect from the feat's agreed-upon downgrade, so it is quite nice you brought attention back to that necessary implementation.

Actually this is lowkey the first time this argument for a pocket dimension was ever brought up so back then no one even knew about it in regards to that thread

based on the speed of the circular elevator, hinata and toneri would have had to spend 14 about hours standing on that if it was really 60% hollow.

AstralKing7 said:
Actually this is lowkey the first time this argument for a pocket dimension was ever brought up so back then no one even knew about it in regards to that thread
For good reason; nobody else wanted to make a ludicrous and false claim from thin air I would presume

Im going to reply to Xulrev's points because they are just, no offense, downright insulting to me.

>I'm sorry Kukui but you're Shifting Burden of Proof here; IMade's objection is reasonable considering that very same scene shows us the Kage themselves explicitly have no clue if the Moon's falling is a natural phenomenon or man-made.

This has nothing to do with how filled the moon itself is. This is talking about the moon's movement. So its a faulty comparison to show im wrong here.

>To presume, as you assert, that the diagram was made by someone knowledgable of the moon (thus it can be trusted to prove its solidity) they would have had to visit it or scry it somehow and would know there's a pocket dimension there and would in no reasonable way even begin to think it was natural.

Of course they wouldnt know a pocket space was inside of the moon since it would literally be a different space. And im not pressuming anything since the Kage were directly given this information by Kakashis own assistant whos knowledgeable on how celestial bodies work and what would happen if the Moon was to fall onto earth. Her knowing about the full contents of the moon is not a stretch, or else she would never present such guestimates and theories to the Kage in a situation thats world threatening.

>and then explain how they had no clue of Toneri's presence.

Actually its funny you mention this because the Kages did know of Toneri's presence. Kakashi literally explained to Naruto's squad before they went to the moon that Toneri kidnapped Hinabi and was using a power (the Tenseigan device as later revealed) to move the moon towards the earth. This is shown right in the movie.

>Being able to warp space through raw power and being able to teleport through space are so completely disparate ideas that your attempt to conflate them is absurdly hard to even quantify in how laughably wrong it is

When did I say anything about teleporting through space? I said that because Toneri, and even someone much weaker than he is, are able to effect space-time means that their power is able to effect space-time. Based off this, using actual attacks to blast holes in space-time (to an obvious extent) is reasonable.

>Essentially: your evidence is faulty, you did not establish proper support for your initial assertion which is the 'strongest' piece of evidence you have, your theory relies on purposeful and willful ignorance of canon feats and you come up with an entire headcanon to dismiss the actual facts to provide a rather shoddy defense of your handwaving canon.

Nothing is being ignored or made up as headcanon here. Toneri can affect space-time by smoothing away distortional cracks in space-time and just in base form nonetheless without using an actual attack. And Guy can warp space with sheer power. These are canon feats that have happened. Therefore, canon proves that Toneri is capable of effecting space-time. What "ignorance of canon feats" is being done here?

>The thread IMade linked showcases several knowledgable members all discussing this same precise topic but it got derailed by a conveniently-timed influx of other Naruto CRTs to deflect from the feat's agreed-upon downgrade, so it is quite nice you brought attention back to that necessary implementation.

The possibility of this being a pocket space was literally never brought up before. This is the 1st time. I have no problem with being wrong, but don't claim this was discussed before when I see no threads about this in the slightest.

So to TL;DR your entire rebuttal:

It's your headcanon.

Alrighty I'll let others hop in here as they please, I've said my piece.

So Toneri effecting space-time (which we currently accept him as being able to do) and being is headcanon now? Nice of you to just ignore my reply.

That said, im done with this. Staff can close this thread if they want as even people who support this thread think this is uneccessary.

For good reason; nobody else wanted to make a ludicrous and false claim from thin air I would presume

Dude stop it. No one else couldn't because Toneri jsut got spatial manipulation on his profile like a year ago because of the Boruto anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back