• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto: Small Tailed Beast Addition/Change?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So this bugged me for a while but I never brought it up because I was doing my Danny Phantom stuff but I just need to get this out of the way because it's weird.

Why don't the tailed beast have Non-Corporeal on their page?. Look at Kurama (Kyübi)... It has Intangibility (Although the Bijuu transform into physical matter and give themselves normal biological bodies, they are primarily made entirely out of energy, and have been shown to exist in that state. As they are masses of energy in this state, they are impossible to kill by normal means). If they become masses of chakra aka energy after their physical forms "die", why don't they have Non-Corporeal on their page?. Intangibility is true but that's because they don't have a physical form so it should say.

Non-Corporeal (Although the Bijuu transform into physical matter and give themselves normal biological bodies, they are primarily made entirely out of energy, and have been shown to exist in that state. As they are masses of energy in this state, they are impossible to kill by normal means)

Thy acually remind me of the ghosts in DP since they make physical forms to interact with the human world.

So, thoughts?. If I'm wrong then my bad, my memory on Naruto is a bit shacky.

We were actually supposed to have given them this but no one ever got around to it because when it was brought up a lot of stuff was going on with revisions and stuff and kinda still is

But thanks for bring it back up

Yeah, it was supposed to be changed iirc. I think.

Either way, non-corporeal should be better if the current description is correct.

I am neutral on this topic, however, I would like to address a few things.

• Chakra "energy" isn't intangible in Naruto. Everything points to the opposite, even humans who can't use chakra invented a way to put chakra inside tech to use jutsu.
  • Souls in Naruto are made of chakra and they were never shown to be intangible. So we to believe every single person in Naruto can bypass intangibility without evidence or statements of chakra been intangible?
  • Chakra (energy) has mass and therefore can be interacted with by the characters. Not intangible.
Of course, I am willing to support this, if someone can provide evidence that Chakra in Naruto is both none corporal and intangible.

Don't the Huuyga put chakra on there finger tips so they can hit the chakra points in the body?. If Chakra wasn't intangible they would be poking holes in people right?.

If I'm wrong about that though, someone please correct me.

Not necessarily, we saw that Naruto's rasenshuriken can create chakra blade so small that they can cut people on a cellular level.

I'm neutral on this topic as well. I'd prefer to see the scans being used in support of this.

....Susanno can literally become intangible. The properties of chakra literally can change when a person uses it to create jutsu.

Naruto's hand wrapped around with chakra literally became intangible and Toneris hand did as well.

Also against please don't use Naruto this FRS as evidence to disagree because that's literally a jutsu. We're talking about pure chcakra here not a jutsu which has been changed in shape and form.

Also the only things that have shown to be able to touch pure chakra is only other chakra or chakra cloaks which are purely wrapped around with chakra.

> ....Susanno can literally become intangible.

Would you mind linking to that?

> Naruto's hand wrapped around with chakra literally became intangible and Toneris hand did as well.

Those weren't really explained in the movie IIRC. It's also strange that it never happened in the original manga either.

If simply being cloaked in chakra could make one intangible, then why didn't KCM Naruto become intangible?

In the original manga...dude The Last is canon and Naruto has both halves of Kurama this time and was training. Toneri did the same feat first as well. Also it doesn't need to be explained because we can literally see it become intangible

9B9E4C11-E406-4B5E-BA0B-851F91B7E6C9
Itachi protects Sasuke by wrapping him in his Susanno hand. That's selective intangibility because we've seen Sasuke crash Danzo with his Susanno hand and pick up zetsus with Susanno.

E1655B85-9CA6-474E-8966-934CE3EE1C97

Are you sure that's not literally just Itachi surrounding Sasuke with his Susano'o hand and not the Susano'o hand becoming intangible and phasing through Sasuke?

Because the former is what it looks like to me.

Damage idk what to tell u man because the second picture is even more clear where u get a view from the top.

Also the fact that Jugo can get inside of the Susanno kinda proves that Susanno has selective intangibility

Next is Konohomaru. We see Konohomaru literally stabbing through his chakra which was getting absorbed by Jugo while he held Konohomaru up in his hands.

98BB8432-C564-4A22-A622-5BFFD7651092
Some more proof for Susanno. Sakura gets into the Susanno forehead where Kakashi is.

more prove that biju chakra can become intangible

https://**********.com/manga/Naruto/0649-013.png

tsunade touching both shimkamaru and sakura head

That was never said to be the point ever^ lol

We literally see Susanno being intangible in the very same arc. So your point is mute about it being only once

• Susano'o is a mass of energy called chakra. In the scan posted above chakra reacts to the people jumping in it like water, so it's tangible.
  • Lady Tsunade is touching Sakura's head through her chakra clock similar to how DBZ characters touch each other even when they are cloaked with ki aura. Is an anime troupe.
  • Susano' users are always inside the Susano'o so it cannot be intangible and tangible at the same time. Susano'o is used to block physical attacks.
No evidence of intangibility so far.

Neutral here but Gaara literally yeeted Madara from his own Susanoo and Madara passed through with no issue. At the same time though Gaara's sand and the Division's jutsu were still hitting it from the outside.

I think we just say it has selective permeability to allow in what the user wants and to the user himself in general.

AnonymousBlank said:
Neutral here but Gaara literally yeeted Madara from his own Susanoo and Madara passed through with no issue. At the same time though Gaara's sand and the Division's jutsu were still hitting it from the outside.
I think we just say it has selective permeability to allow in what the user wants and to the user himself in general.
Thanks for bringing this up, my third comment on my last reply is exactly about this example.

> I think we just say it has selective permeability to allow in what the user wants and to the user himself in general.

That would seem to be a feature of the jutsu rather than an inherent intangible property of chakra.

U didn't read anything brought up. No one said anything about them being intangible and tangible at the same time. That's the reason why I said selective man.

Also we know Susanno users are always inside the body. My point was the Sakura was able to get inside of it because of selective intangibility.

Also no where has chakra ever Bee self reactive unless it's chakrw with a conscious like the tailed beast.

Also Susanno isn't the point of this thread

I literally brought up where Konohomaru was stabbing through his chakra that was being absorbed by Jugo.

Susano'o is a mass of energy called chakra. In the scan posted above chakra reacts to the people jumping in it like water, so it's tangible.

• water is intangible no?
Lady Tsunade is touching Sakura's head through her chakra clock similar to how DBZ characters touch each other even when they are cloaked with ki aura. Is an anime troupe.

• you are the one who claming it tangible
  • and manga prove u wrong
  • aura are intangible so what your point?
  • and unlike ki aura its work as shield
  • and lastly its not aura. its chakra shield
  • and its enough evidence for intangibility
  • and its naruto not DBZ so stop using DBZ to prove your point

Clearly the manga shows that chakra is tangible and it isn't stated to be intangible or shown to be intangible. I agree with Damage where it's more an ability of the jutsu and not chakra in general.

> water is intangible no?

Well, it's not a solid but water is definitely tangible.

Omimi said:
wrong again
chakra is both tangible and intangible
Is certainly tangible, but not intangible. It behaves like water. Humans can put chakra into tech devices to use it. It isn't intangible.

Apple your completely wrong about everything. They can't put chakra into ninja tools. They imbued chakra and focus there chakra into them when they get ready to use a jutsu. I don't even know what lead u to believe that they could because we've never ever seen a regular ninja touch pure chakra before so what your saying is just wrong.

The manga has never shown chakra as tangible as well. If your talking about Susanno which is a jutsu that Changes the properties of chakra then u can stop because Susanno has shown selective intangibility.

Last but not least I literally told u Konohomaru was stabbing right through his chakra as it was being absorbed by Jugo.

@AstralKing7; stabbing through something doesn't necessarily mean that it is intangible. That would just mean there is virtually zero resistance from the chakra being stabbed. You could stab a puddle too and your knife would go through it (not saying that chakra necessarily behaves like liquid of course).

Plus this sound like it is from an anime-only scene which we typically don't use anyway.

Also zero resistance??? I'm pretty sure if I my hand or weapon goes through anything it would be intangibility and not zero resistance like your suggesting.

Saying it's zero resistance when we don't even know what type of matter Chakra makes no sense. Chakra isn't something we can jsut put logic and physics on

My hand can go through water, pudding, chocolate and anything liquid but that doesn't give me intangibility. I am not saying that some jutsu can't grand intangibility, but chakra isn't intangible. There is a lot of contradiction in the manga that have not been properly addressed in the thread. The counterarguments so far have been all false and debunked by Damage.

Is not chakra intangible? As far as I saw in the manga, chakra only becomes tangible when transformed into some element / shaped to attack.

The pure chakra is intangible, it's pure energy. Dan Kato may be proof of that.

Anyway, i'm neutral on this.

Perhaps we should look at it on a case-by-case basis. Are there any scans of the Tailed Beasts themselves being intangible?

AppleLord said:
My hand can go through water, pudding, chocolate and anything liquid but that doesn't give me intangibility. I am not saying that some jutsu can't grand intangibility, but chakra isn't intangible. There is a lot of contradiction in the manga that have not been properly addressed in the thread. The counterarguments so far have been all false and debunked by Damage.

Nothing was literally debunked at all lmao.

Chakra is not liquid I don't know it's being compared to that. Also your example is horrible. Your hand going through those things don't give u intangibility. You meant to say that they should be intangible because u can go through them ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

Also please don't say anything is false without proof. You literally lied when u said humans can put chakra tech. The latest boruto chapter jsut proved that u have to constantly imbu your chakra into them not physically put it in.

Damage3245 said:
Perhaps we should look at it on a case-by-case basis. Are there any scans of the Tailed Beasts themselves being intangible?

Tbf nothing suggested that they aren't intangible for jsut being pure energy in their chakra forms. When they got turned into chakra the only thing that could touch them was chakra from Naruto and that was their pure chakra when he pulled them back with his chakra tails that had their chakra in them. It was said u needed their chakra to pull them out of Obito

Can the Tailed Beasts turn into pure chakra at will? How long does a Tailed Beast exist as pure chakra after their host has been killed? Can a Tailed Beast stop themselves from assuming physical form after they 'come back to life'?

No I don't know if they can turn into pure chakra at will. There was a time frame for how long they are in their pure chakra form when they resurrect somewhere but I absolutely can't remember where.

Although none of this literally has anything to do with this thread. We're not looking for if they can change into chakra or how long they are in that form. We know that they can because it's stated

These questions are unnecessary. They don't address he point of this thread. All that matters is the intangibility part

Back