• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
GMwlVWSacAAb0Lu

okay...does anyone else in the verse have talent comparable to that then? Itachi? Minato?
Itachi and Minato are pretty comparable to Boruto in terms of talent imo. At least if Boruto grew up in their circumstances that is. But that's besides the point. Gohan's talent is almost comical. I doubt anyone from a relatively grounded series like Naruto can compare. Same goes for intelligence. If you asked if anyone was comparable to Bulma the answer would still be no. You'd have a better time comparing the intelligence of characters from Naruto and Death Note than Naruto and DBZ.

Itachi and Minato are pretty comparable to Boruto in terms of talent imo. At least if Boruto grew up in their circumstances that is. But that's besides the point. Gohan's talent is almost comical. I doubt anyone from a relatively grounded series like Naruto can compare. Same goes for intelligence. If you asked if anyone was comparable to Bulma the answer would still be no. You'd have a better time comparing the intelligence of characters from Naruto and Death Note than Naruto and DBZ.
Death Note and COTE seem more comparable to me tbh. for example by feats I have L > Kiyotaka (anime only for both). in Naruto I think Shikamaru is said to have an IQ of 200 although....based on what tests, what SD (being sd 15 or 24 greatly changes this result), and other factors make that information almost worthless, and Shikamaru is probably the smartest character in terms of raw intelligence in the verse. for Death Note we never really get official numbers but with secondary information we can extrapolate the IQ of top tiers to be 160+ (SD 15) at least. for context the world average is around 99 with SD15

Death Note and COTE seem more comparable to me tbh. for example by feats I have L > Kiyotaka (anime only for both). in Naruto I think Shikamaru is said to have an IQ of 200 although....based on what tests, what SD (being sd 15 or 24 greatly changes this result), and other factors make that information almost worthless, and Shikamaru is probably the smartest character in terms of raw intelligence in the verse. for Death Note we never really get official numbers but with secondary information we can extrapolate the IQ of top tiers to be 160+ (SD 15) at least. for context the world average is around 99 with SD15
I mean from the author's point of view it makes no sense to specify a 200 IQ if it wasn't the same as irl. So I think it's safe to assume that Shikamaru does in fact have an IQ of 200 even tho his feats might not indicate that.

Speaking of DN and COTE, I am not too knowledgeable on the verse. But I think the best feats in DN come from the novels of L I think. Other than that there's the fact that Light is the top student in japan, and that he is smarter than any of the irl detectives. Which only indicate an IQ anywhere above 145. L's feats of preventing ww3 as a kid is one of the most impressive feats imo. If you want you could scale him to the IQ of Ted Kaczynski (for catching the bomber) which was in the mid 160s iirc (but I doubt IQ really works like that).

Kiyotaka's feats as a kid are impressive tbh. But nothing a real life genius can't replicate if I'm not wrong. I'd put him in the same tier as above. His intellect does seem to be more spread out. Interestingly Lelouche is ok in terms of feats if you don't consider the movie. But if you add the movie his one reality bending feat is insane. Idk if it's canon tho.

But the point is that if you consider the Naruto IQ bell curve to be similar to real world, none of the above should be reaching over 200 IQ in that. Even tho the feats are way more insane than Shikamaru's entire career. The same is true for Bulma. She doesn't have as compelling feats but they do put her way above Shikamaru. A better comparision would be the duo from NGNL.

Last edited:
I mean from the author's point of view it makes no sense to specify a 200 IQ if it wasn't the same as irl. So I think it's safe to assume that Shikamaru does in fact have an IQ of 200 even tho his feats might not indicate that.
i guess but doesn’t this fall into the author’s intent argument? Do we really use that here?
Speaking of DN and COTE, I am not too knowledgeable on the verse. But I think the best feats in DN come from the novels of L I think. Other than that there's the fact that Light is the top student in japan, and that he is smarter than any of the irl detectives. Which only indicate an IQ anywhere above 145. L's feats of preventing ww3 as a kid is one of the most impressive feats imo.
yeah L’s feats as a kid are nuts, better than what he does in adulthood tbh and far beyond anything Kiyotaka is able to pull off.
If you want you could scale him to the IQ of Ted Kaczynski (for catching the bomber) which was in the mid 160s iirc (but I doubt IQ really works like that).
Actually Ted Kaczynski was tested on WAIS (the most accurate IQ test) by a professional when he was sentenced, his IQ was….a mere 136. now to be sure that’s still amazing and it’s in the 99th percentile but a far cry from the 167 claimed for him. that result (from his childhood) uses the “IQ ratio” method which is pretty much worthless. in fact most “smart” people that you’ve heard of allegedly having IQs in the 160s actually have much lower IQs, Hikaru Nakamura and Gary Kasparov, two Chess Gransmasters, got 102 and 123 respectively. in fact the test that Kasparov took is called the Raven’s 2, I took it a few years ago and got 135.
Kiyotaka's feats as a kid are impressive tbh. But nothing a real life genius can't replicate if I'm not wrong. I'd put him in the same tier as above. His intellect does seem to be more spread out. Interestingly Lelouche is ok in terms of feats if you don't consider the movie. But if you add the movie his one reality bending feat is insane. Idk if it's canon tho.
his physical strength feats are probably beyond what most normal humans can pull off and beyond L as well, but yeah learning advanced mathematics and physics at a young age isn’t unheard of even in our world. in fact you don’t need a spectacular IQ for that. most studies show that child prodigies’ most common traits are exceptional working memory, their overall IQs aren’t necessarily remarkable, a significant portion of the, being in the 120s. so even most “non-genius” smart people, if trained like Kiyotaka from a young age, can probably achieve some incredible feats which I guess is the goal of the white room anyway.
But the point is that if you consider the Naruto IQ bell curve to be similar to real world, none of the above should be reaching over 200 IQ in that. Even tho the feats are way more insane than Shikamaru's entire career. The same is true for Bulma. She doesn't have as compelling feats but they do put her way above Shikamaru. A better comparision would be the duo from NGNL.
tbh there is nothing stopping from Kiyotaka’s or L’s IQ from being 200 or above but yeah without direct statements it’s impossible to tell. Bulma’s case is weird tbh, she could either be 160 or 250+ depending on how you interpret it

i guess but doesn’t this fall into the author’s intent argument? Do we really use that here?
I have no idea about what the wiki uses tbh. I just told you my thought process.
yeah L’s feats as a kid are nuts, better than what he does in adulthood tbh and far beyond anything Kiyotaka is able to pull off.
Yes. You could say Kiyotaka was raised similar to how Judith Polgar's dad used to raise his kids. Or maybe a bit more exaggerated than that.
Actually Ted Kaczynski was tested on WAIS (the most accurate IQ test) by a professional when he was sentenced, his IQ was….a mere 136. now to be sure that’s still amazing and it’s in the 99th percentile but a far cry from the 167 claimed for him. that result (from his childhood) uses the “IQ ratio” method which is pretty much worthless. in fact most “smart” people that you’ve heard of allegedly having IQs in the 160s actually have much lower IQs, Hikaru Nakamura and Gary Kasparov, two Chess Gransmasters, got 102 and 123 respectively. in fact the test that Kasparov took is called the Raven’s 2, I took it a few years ago and got 135.
I didn't know that about Ted. Welp I guess they are stuck in the "real world genius level or above" category.
his physical strength feats are probably beyond what most normal humans can pull off and beyond L as well, but yeah learning advanced mathematics and physics at a young age isn’t unheard of even in our world. in fact you don’t need a spectacular IQ for that. most studies show that child prodigies’ most common traits are exceptional working memory, their overall IQs aren’t necessarily remarkable, a significant portion of the, being in the 120s. so even most “non-genius” smart people, if trained like Kiyotaka from a young age, can probably achieve some incredible feats which I guess is the goal of the white room anyway.
True. I think the case was the same for Promised Neverland as well.
tbh there is nothing stopping from Kiyotaka’s or L’s IQ from being 200 or above but yeah without direct statements it’s impossible to tell.
Exactly.
Bulma’s case is weird tbh, she could either be 160 or 250+ depending on how you interpret it
Idk, her making a time machine is nuts. But their available technology is also above what we have irl. But I do think her baseline is above the characters mentioned above.

is this facts or cope?
ENqiTyp.jpeg
No, the whole bit they're doing is "haha, people that are different than me are bad, amiright? Also why do I want Naruto to rail-"

Anyway, Naruto is about 5-B and somewhere from 30 to 80x FTL based on my personal scaling chain(Sage Mode 10x amp and such), but Yamcha kinda wrecks him statistically on our profiles, due to being at least as strong as Saiyan Saga Goku.

Naruto doesn't currently spend any time looking for Sasuke, and Goku, the 4/5th strongest mortal in Universe 7, spends all his time hanging out with Vegeta.

SSJ4 Goku has Sage Mode eye makeup.

Naruto spend his childhood in ninja training. He also started his actual journey 2 years earlier than Goku. Plus, he didn't have a Grandpa Gohan to help him he trained himself.

"Gods" doesn't mean anything, Naruto fights gods already, and both of them could beat Kami's ass.

Believe it or not, Naruto famously fights dudes. And at least he's doing his work, Goku turned down being Earth's Guardian in Part 1.

I am sick of you guys making fun of Code and Kawaki for being weak. It's not funny. Why make fun of these characters for doing their best when you can make fun of the real bum, Konohamaru.
Because not only is Konohamaru a good person, he's a regular human that's been around for a while.

Nah he's the OG bum. He was a bum before Kawaki and Code even made their proper entrances in the show. Also lol at him being "regular".
Konohamaru is literally just a regular human, wdym? Kawaki's an Otsutsuki now, and so is Code, and they're also both cyborgs that are literally just given special Jutsu, and they still keep losing. And Konohamaru is a human-ass human who has been handed no special abilities.

Back