• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto's Moon. Again.

Just a question: since Naruto's moon has the same atmosphere as Earth's does that mean they have the same gravity? If so, then wouldn't the moon's mass be heavier.

"Second, the greater the mass of an object, the stronger the force of gravity. The moon is 1/4 the size of Earth, so the moon's gravity is much less than the earth's gravity, 83.3% (or 5/6) less to be exact. Finally, "weight" is a measure of the gravitational pull between two objects."

-
Moon's Gravity

So would we have to recalculate the mass of the moon?

Well they were able to breathe on the moon and had plants and all that. I could probably find some screenshots.

Hmmmm.... I don't know if that is sufficient proof but having an atmosphere similar to that of earth wouldn't automatically mean that it has gravity similar to that of earth...

Well I guess we should wait for more input on this...

Personally around 45% of me disagrees as the Moon would've been made by solid materials from Earth similar to our real moon which was supposedly made after an asteroid colision with the Earth.

And around 55% of me agrees that the Moon may have a higher density than the normal moon as while it may have been made by the same materials as our moon it is still something which was created to hold the Juubi.

JM715 said:
naruto fought on the moon without experiencing any differences in weight tho..
I'm assuming that you mean the fact that they weren't floating on the moon. Well here's the thing remember that Naruto characters can use Chakra to stick upside down and to stand on water. They could've used the same thing here. Using Chakra to stick to the moon so that they don't just float away....

Like I said 55% of me agrees that the moon may be denser than our moon as while it is still made from the same materials it was still made to seal the Juubi which can casually fire Country to Continent busting bombs...

From what I remember, wasn't there a really powerful barrier around the moon, which in turn enables them to breathe and walk on the moon. So I don't think it's because their moon's gravity and atmosphere is the same as the earth. And SDZ also makes a good point about the moon possibly being denser.

"From what I remember, wasn't there a really powerful barrier around the moon, which in turn enables them to breathe and walk on the moon."

Where is the source for this statement?

@SwordSlayer99 Hmm I remember seeing it on the Naruto wiki a while back, but I guess it was changed. Now that I think about it, it was more than likely an assumption since I saw it on the wiki page back when the movie had only been out for a couple of weeks and there was little information on it.

Joseph619 said:
Naruto moon is hollow, even if it was denser than our moon it would still have less mass overall
Only a part of it is hollow, and if anything it is only the core that is hollow because that is where the ten tails is sealed.

Joseph619 said:
Naruto moon is hollow, even if it was denser than our moon it would still have less mass overall
Don't bring the hollow moon argument, it will cause a shitstorm debate and I'm tired discussing about this all the time.

Back