• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs Alibaba Saluja

@Demon all we got from that form is just him using that punch to beat acnologia to win. He lost it after the punch landed.

Gargoyle One said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
There was a time limit for the mode? I thought he just turned it off.
There is but it lasts for almost 5 minutes
That said he isn't strained from doing it, so it likely lasers much longer.
Magic lasers?????????????

Weird despite the fact that he lost it he isn't strained or tired or...Anything really.

This form doesn't have time limit, his High 6C form does.

@Gargoyle he loses the power in like a couple of minutes. He's going to get oneshotted when it runs out.

<A couple of minutes

Not only is he not at all strained when using this power, but the idea that he has a time limit for that short is fanfiction.

<He's going to get one shotted afterwards

Won't happen.

@Gargoyle right, cause he totally had that form after the fight, it's not like the fire fist disappeared afterwards.

@Dragon no he wasn't. He was only given that boost with his emotions and Lucy's help. Afterwards it just disappeared.

This basically makes this fight not possible if both are only temporary then.

....As if I would give up so easily.

The form being gone after he beat Acno doesn't mean it was gone because the time ran out. Since the fight was over there would no need for him to remain transformed.

@DragonEmperor that was hardly a transformation, it was a giant fire fist that he got from the powers of other DS.

Actually Natsu should be able to keep the form within a few minutes at least. Acno and Natsu were clashing with each other, and Natsu used his giant fist only after Acno was weakened as a finisher. In that battle it was the most logical thing to do - use up all your power while the opponent is weakened.

In a normal battle matchup Natsu shouldn't use up the form in one hit.

This giant fist is like Luffy's King Kong Gun - it's his strongest attack, and after it's usage the form goes out - but it doesn't mean that they need to start out with this attack.

Here I will vote inconclusive.

Seven Dragons

-This Natsu should in fact still have the time to maintain his form as he is no longer mortally wounded. But even if it's only a bit, on hit from Poison will likely heavily weaken Alibaba. This could give Natsu the advantage he need to get another damagin hit.

-Regardless, Both absorb fire. Alibaba has that Time abilities for reactions, but from my understanding, he doesn't spam it. This means Natsu has a chance to get the poison off.

-Depends on who plays their card right.

Go back to the earlier Key.

-Both absorb Fire and get stronger. Not to mention Natsu flat out resists fire based attacks.

-Time shenanigans are still a thing.

-Natsu is not as dumb as people think. He has electricity as well, something Ali can't absorb. Natsu can quickly close the gap in power if fire is all Alibaba has. Ali would have to rely on his Time powers, which he likely doesn't spam.

-Inconclusive for me.

what @Captain Torch said, the fire fist wasn't a transformation, it was a move he used while in the 7DS form which was the transformation.

I think that even in the case that Alibaba doesn't spam his ability, seeing Natsu grow stronger from absorbing his main form of offense + being able to use other elements is going to make him spam it to gain an advantage or at least a form of leverage against Natsu.

And I'm honestly not seeing how Natsu deals with an ability to perceive a moment as a whole eternity. I'm just going to vote for Alibaba until someone reveals a flaw in his ability.

Natsu's range with his attacks is greater with it being several kilometers compared to Ali's dozens of meters. Given how Ali's time abilities work with his reactions, he's probably not going to be able to dodge something covering such a huge distance.

@Dragon that punch hasn't been shown to be several kilometers. He's gonna have to get close to Alibaba for him to land the attack.

@Theglassman12 He doesn't have to only use the punch, after he notices that Ali can dodge his melee he'll try doing an AOE attack.

The thing is that with those reactions, he can always just levitate to avoid the attack entirely, or simply deflect the attack with his own.

@Burning Full Fingers When you say deflect do you mean with his own fire? Would he keep using fire against an opponent that is strengthed by it? Natsu can also fly by propelling himself with his flames and follow Ali into the air.

Theglassman12 said:
@Gargoyle right, cause he totally had that form after the fight, it's not like the fire fist disappeared afterwards.
?

That makes no sense at all.

You're saying that because the fist disappeared, after the fight was over, and thus isn't meaningful, that the time limit is that much lower.

I can downplay a lot of Fire Emblem characters if I use that logic.

Anyway inconclusive for Dragons reasons.

He can't eat or absorb it as Alibaba is using it to deflect an attack from Natsu, not aiming it at Natsu himself. The attacks would simply collide and dissipate or something.

It's limited, but my point is not that Alibaba would use his flight to stay away from Natsu. He can use it to avoid attacks that Natsu throws at him when they're grounded.

In any case, I'm going to wait for Kinkiest since he knows Magi and he voted for Natsu. There might be something I'm missing concerning Alibaba's time slow.

It's pretty consistent in that he does it when ever he is backed into a corner which he would be if Ali kept avoiding all his moves.

I don't really see the use though. Using it would just result in Alibaba absorbing the attack, and it still doesn't stop him from dodging it by levitating or whatever.

And I don't think Natsu's other elements have the same AoE as his strongest moves.

I see what you mean with the use but there isn't a indicator that they have a smaller range. Yeah I'll change my vote to inconclusive for Dragon's reasons.

Back