• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Natsu Dragneel vs. Charizard (This Time, They're Really On Fire!) (Voting Completed)

There's no such thing as hostility in the Word assumption. I'm sorry if I said something rude, but that boldedword isn't hostil.

And even then, that explanation doesn't make sense And shouldn't be used. I know that FT universe's rules are always being left aside just for plot convenience, but the Dorma Anim being susceptible to DSM because it's not prepared for it makes more sense that being susceptible because it looks like a dragon.

Sorry, wasn't reffering to the assumption part as being rude but the " This is the same BS that makes FT infamous." part.

What do you mean by being prepared for it? Do you mean that it was prepared for every type of magic besides DSM? That's more of an assumption than saying that it was a generic "Magic doesn't work" and DSM works despite of that since the enemy is a dragon.

Dragons doesn't exist in Edolas and all of us know how different Dragon magic is when compared to regular magic.

Despite that the enemy isn't a dragon tho.

@Rin

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm throwing a tantrum, I'm not emotional and not trying to be, I can get emotional sometimes when I get into a heated debate, however now is not one of those scenarios, I'll admit I went a bit far on the downplay part, I can't deny I do have a small bias towards Fairy Tail, who wouldn't feel some bias when dealing with their favorite verse, I just don't agree with ignoring that Natsu can adapt to a fighting style of combat if he wants to, that shouldn't be discredited IMO, I just wanted to use this stuff as an example of Natsu being able to outskill a generic Charizard, As for the Fairy Tail Threads and Fan thing, I don't think we're like that at all, while yes, I can acknowledge there are some heavily biased statements, the majority of Fairy Tail Fans can argue reasonably and provide thorough answers

Calaca Vs said:
Dragons doesn't exist in Edolas and all of us know how different Dragon magic is when compared to regular magic.
Despite that the enemy isn't a dragon tho.
Yeah, but it's called a Dragon Knight and looks like a Dragon. I had this same conversation when I explained it at the CRT where I brought it up. I'm trying to find it, it was called Monthly Fairy Tail CRT.

@Aubin

Do you have the link to it?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2435368

Here. Ignoring the whole Dorma Anim fiasco, I still think it would work on Charizard because of it's moves.

"Dragon Tail: Charizard's tail becomes engulfed in a draconic aura, and the target is struck by Charizard's tail."

"Dragon Breath: Charizard fires a beam of draconic energy that deals damage and may paralyze the target on impact."

"Dragon Claw: Charizard charges its claws with draconic energy to extend its range before slashing the opponent with them."

Like, it's a winged reptile that spits fire and uses dragon energy. That's pretty much what the textbook definition of a dragon is.

Those moves are Dragon-Type. It's the same as saying he's Electric-Type because he can use Thunder Punch.

The DSM being effective against everything that looks like a dragon doesn't hold much IMO it sounds a lot like a racist power system. I'm reading the thread right now.

Eh, I mean Types aren't really a thing outside of Pokemon. It's not like SBA makes it so that if Blastoise hits Natsu with a Hydro Pump, that would do twice the damage it would do than if it hit someone like Gray.

I'm not talking about Charizard's moves being effective against someone who's "Grass-Type" that's not a Pokemon.

What I've said is that moves don't say a thing about the type.

"You are a Fire/Flying type, there's nothing Dragon-like about it."

"Okay, so I'm apparently not a dragon, well let me ask you this. What do I look like?"

"A lizard. You are a lizard with wings."

"You just described a dragon."

lmao

Just wanted to let everyone know that I did count up the votes and there are seven for Natsu. And while grace period will still go as normal, I'm not willing to add this until these arguments are settled.

That is all.

@Calaca

So, with Charizard having three dragon type moves, being a part of the dragon egg group, and looking like a dragon, do you still disagree with DSM working on one?

And without the DSM anti dragon buff, what are your thoughts on the match taking everything else into consideration?

Being part of the Dragon Egg Group is the only valid argument made so far.

There's no point in me arguing. If Natsu has Dura Negation and is stronger, then he wins.

So natsu wins right.

If Charizard uses fire then natsu gains immunity to it and gets stronger.

If Charizard decides to go physical natsu can use his punches.

Though I have one question.

Does natsu have any durability against cutting?

Because Charizards claws are designed to cut.

Against blunt force I'm sure natsu can withstand that but I'm still asking if he is durable against cuts

>Kagura

Why not Ultear? ovo

But yeah i agree, better make a matches that not named Natsu or DSM users because that one always goes shit af.

Natsu would know how to fight people with cutting force since he's fought Erza multiple times and many quests where he fights beasts with claws.

I want to make a Dimaria Match, but there are very few matches that wouldn't be an immediate stomp

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I want to make a Dimaria Match, but there are very few matches that wouldn't be an immediate stomp
Using DiMaria is battle is nearly useless, either she stomps or she gets stomped

Back