• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nero vs Vergil, Yamato vs Yamato

Let's see how good the Devil Hunter of Fortuna fares against his dad

Post DT Nero vs DMC3 Vergil

Scenario:Nero hears rumors about a man Blue with white hair wielding Yamato just like he does, so he confronts him, howecer he notices the person looks like Dante. The man sensing a sort of familiority with Nero questions why he has Yamato as well. Nero tells him its a gift and gets ready to clash with the Eldest Son of Sparda.

Speed Equalized

Battle takes place in Fortuna

Pretty sure that Vergil has more experiene on fighting and can draw better techniques from Yamato . Vergil's summon swords also should give Nero hard time to deal with. Even Nero can catch and throw back some of that, but he shouldn't avoid all of it. Vergil also has Beowolf and Force Edge which help him when fighting on CQC too. So my vote goes to Vergil.

Vergil likely wins due to having more skill and experience with yamato

Vergil:3

Nero:0

Inconclusive:0

@Xansus This is DMC3 Vergil, so he should have the same amount of general fighting experience

Vergil STOMPS.

Speed equalized literally doesn't matter as Vergil will spam him with summoned swords and teleportation, then bombard him with judgement cuts, and Nero isn't even a full blooded demon. He handled DMC3 Dante in their first encounter and didn't even need to use devil trigger.

But Nero has summoned swords as well, fought teleporting enemies with Sanctus and Vergil's not a full demon either....

Not in nearly the same capacity or skill level as Vergil does, which is only in devil trigger at that. And I meant he's way less of a demon than his father and uncle is. But Vergil by far has the best combat teleportation skills in the verse, there's no comparison.

Depends on what everyone else thinks, but I'll give it to Vergil unless anyone else considers it a stomp.

You're underestimating Nero, I even agree that Vergil wins, but at this ease?

Nero can expand the Arm Bringer to sizes large enough to grab the Savior's head, that is, physically much stronger, with area/destructive attacks, in MHS+

Speed is the same, without much to talk about

Vergil has the Summoned Swords, but Nero has ranged attacks with firearms, which can be charged for greater impact

I vote for Vergil, but is a close fight

The match is not a stomp tbh, it's just that obvious.

Also speed is equalized, Vergil can easily deflect bullets with Yamato and is way more skilled with it than Nero.

Nero's most durable part is his arm,Dante mentioned that it is indestructible but even Sanctus pierced it using Yamato.Every Vergil's hit is fatal for Nero.

Back