• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ness vs Superman 5.0 (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief. I have nothing to say honestly, so have fun. Hopefully this is fair and can be done with.

Rules: Ness is at Low 2-C, Superman is at 2-C without the sword, Speed is equalized, Battle takes place in Ness's Magicant. Who wins and why?

PK Fire!: 1

The Man of Steel:

Inconclusive: 7

As with before, Superman still doesn't have a way past the fate/prob hax from Truth. This time, Ness isn't able to hurt Supes regularly though, so it's a bit trickier. Superman's only win condition is to incapacitate Ness since killing is out of the question due to Truth (if we limit Ness to his physical body, temporal BFR could accomplish this).

If Flash can bypass Superman's durability, then it's GG. Otherwise, inconclusive.

Edit: What in god's name is that Superman panel. LOL

God, we really need to get rid of the fate hax shit on his profile. Like, I love Earthbound, but this is too much.

Sptflcrw said:
God, we really need to get rid of the fate hax shit on his profile. Like, I love Earthbound, but this is too much.
Nani

if You don't like it, then make a damn CRT.

@Giver I don't know if that counts as a vote considering Supes did not put down Ness's true form. Also, would he lead with that?

I mean technically in-game Ness gets a game over when his avatar is KO'd so idk, it's debatable. Maybe we specify in the conditions?

Also I agree that Fate hax has made Ness not as fun to debate for/against (as many of his matches are pretty similar), but there is nothing anyone can really do about it. You can do Truth-restricted matches if you want, but those won't be added.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Isn't Superman like.....Unquantifiable above Ness? And does he has a counter to BFR?
Yes, he is. The main reason this match was done was because of hax. After all, Ness has stalemated both a possible 2-C and a 2-B before. As for BFR, he has no counter. At best Truth's fate hax could make the BFR not happen, but the effects of Truth's protection against non-fatal attacks is still being debated, so I can't say for sure. Regardless Supes can only BFR Ness' body, as his true existence is that of an entire universe, and I don't think using temporal BFR would work against 4-D objects/entities.

I guess? It's certainly not Darkrai level of sleep Manipulation. The stamina level on supes Page states "Incredibly high, but he has been shown to tire when fighting comparable opponents" Is that a vote for Ness?

I have no hecking clue. If anything, Darkseid would have been more suitable but eh. Under SBA, they are willing to kill but using their normal strategies

But Superman never demonstrated resisting Sleep inducement though, only Mind control with what the scan states.

Ness is the Player Character and is an RPG, so... Idk,depends on who's playing.

Ness makes the character sleep,its kinda straightforward tbh iirc

Simply as the name suggests, it puts an enemy to sleep. However, considering Supes stamina, he would most likely have to spam it until it actually works. Considering most of Ness's psychic abilities are defensive rather than offensive (aside from Rockin), I'd say so.

I just realized, Superman lacks Low 2-C range, would that be an issue here?

I believe he was simply joking around.

I don't think Supes would be able to punch him considering the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back