• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

New polls suggestions thread - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which poll should we use next month?

Also, is somebody willing to clean up the video game polls so they only contain the most relevant options?

Actually, I have a suggestion that is somewhat similar to your "How much did you like X movie/anime" question. I'd like to apply this same type of question to video games as well.

The reason for this is due to there being some highly popular and anticipated games coming soon. Notable examples include the Final Fantasy VII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, Psychonauts 2, and Halo Infinite.

And the first one that could be used is for this poll the upcoming Pokemon titles, Sword and Shield, due to both their popularity, and the controversy surrounding them due to certain design decisions made in the game, most notably the decision to not include every Pokemon in the game.

We can only do that sort of thing for extremely iconic and mainstream popular games. The Final Fantasy VII remake should probably qualify though.

Antvasima said:
We can only do that sort of thing for extremely iconic and mainstream popular games. The Final Fantasy VII remake should probably qualify though.
Minecraft is qualify because be most selling game all-time.

Yes, but it has been out for several years now. It is not a new release.

Anticipated games could work, I guess. Could offer some suggestions

Doing something like the FFVII Remake seems fine. And, again, Pokemon Sword/Shield would be a perfect source of discussion considering its popularity and controversy being spread around on social media.

I got one.

Who is your favorite actor. This could be a fun poll

Robert Downey Junior

Joanquin Pheonix

Gal Gadot

Heath Ledger

Ralph Phieness

Will Smith

Dwayne Jhonson

Chris Prat

Tom Cruise

Scarlett Johansson

(There is many other options, here are some canidates for favorite actor)

Yes, there are likely too many popular actors to choose from, and celebrity status does not automatically translate as genuine skill.

Then again, we could just change the wording to "Which of the following actors do you like the most?" instead.

When are FFVII and Pokemon Sword/Shield released?

Pokemon Sword/Shield is slated to release on November 15, 2019.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is slated to release on March 3, 2020.

Well, it is too early to release a poll about the Pokemon game, and far too early for FFVII then.

So which poll should we use for next month instead?

Also, building upon the actor suggestion, perhaps we could use "favourite film director" as well, with popular choices such as James Cameron and Martin Scorsese.

Well for favorite film director I would recommend Stanley Kubrick, John Carpenter, Quentin Tarantino, Alfred Hitchcock and Steven Spielberg. They're pretty famous.

David Lynch, Alejandro Jodorowsky and Charlie Kaufman are not as well known as the other ones, but are pretty famous in their own right. Maybe Richard Linklater and Lars von Trier as well.

We should probably stick with the most popular names.

"Which of the following film directors do you like the most?

Akira Kurosawa

Alfred Hitchcock

Anthony and Joseph Russo

Chris Columbus

George Lucas

James Cameron

John Carpenter

Martin Scorsese

Michael Bay

Orson Welles

Quentin Tarantino

Robert Rodriguez

Stanley Kubrick

Steven Spielberg"

Any others?

So which poll should we use for the next month?

I vote for the Studio Ghibli poll, if nothing else.

Also, how could everyone forget Chris Columbus for the directors poll. I mean, he directed the first two Harry Potter movies, The Goonies, Gremlins, and he's even working on the upcoming Five Nights at Freddy's movie as well.

I don't think that he is well known enough, but am not certain.

I am fine with using the Studio Ghibli poll.

With him having worked on the Harry Potter films alone would likely be enough. But considering he's also worked on the Home Alone films, The Goonies, the Gremlins movies, the Percy Jackson movies, the Night at the Museum movies, Mrs. Doubtfire and Pixels, among other notable movies, I'm pretty sure he has more than enough going for him to be very memorable director to a lot of people.

In my opinion. Instead of doing "what is your favorite trending movie of 2019" you should do in january. "What is your favorite movie in all of 2019"

The options would be

Avengers Endgame

Spider Man Far From Home

Joker

Shazam

Frozen 2

Star Wars the Rise of Skywalker

Aladdin (2019)

Lion King (2019)

Toy Story 4

IT Chapter 2

Captain Marvel

Jumanji: Welcome to The Jungle

Captain Marvel

other (for any other option)

I am not sure. It doesn't seem like a particularly interesting poll, and our forum will also be removed around that time.

Should we ask what people thought about the Joker movie in the next poll?

Well, it worked quite well when we asked about "Avengers: Endgame".

@Ezran

We already did "favourite anime/manga character" though, so that would be mostly repetition.

Okay. We will do that then. Here is what the poll will look like:

What did you think of the Joker movie?

Awesome

Great

Very Good

Good

Average

Mediocre

Bad

Very Bad

Awful

Horrible

I did not see it

So which of the polls in the first post of this thread should we use tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back