• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
General Discussion thread for the revisions needed to be implemented. Please read over the "SCPs that need minor changes" and "SCPs that need major changes" if you'd like to start help implementing the new rules. For an example of how the new pages should look, read the rules and see here.

SCPs that don't need to be updated:

• SCP-044
  • SCP-063
  • SCP-085
  • SCP-498
  • SCP-524
  • SCP-540
  • SCP-504
  • SCP-737
  • SCP-1795
  • SCP-2207
  • SCP-2501
  • SCP-2543
  • SCP-2818
  • SCP-3016
  • SCP-3728
  • SCP-008
  • SCP-073-FR
  • SCP-123
  • SCP-225
  • SCP-314
  • SCP-457
  • SCP-946
  • SCP-966
  • SCP-1128
  • SCP-1715
  • SCP-2090
  • SCP-2129
  • SCP-2424
  • SCP-2925
  • SCP-035
  • SCP-058
  • SCP-060
  • SCP-169
  • SCP-204
  • SCP-319
  • SCP-469
  • SCP-515
  • SCP-582
  • SCP-610
  • SCP-689
  • SCP-804
  • SCP-736
  • SCP-871
  • SCP-990
  • SCP-939
  • SCP-1048
  • SCP-1237
  • SCP-1447
  • SCP-1548
  • SCP-1739
  • SCP-1831
  • SCP-1887
  • SCP-2070
  • SCP-2350
  • SCP-2399
  • SCP-1968
  • SCP-2634
  • SCP-2872
  • SCP-3002
  • SCP-3003
  • SCP-3125
  • SCP-3813
  • SCP-001 (S. D. Locke's Proposal)
  • SCP-001 (Gears Proposal)
  • UIU 1998-017
  • The Player (SCP Containment Breach)
  • Monica Pinkston (SCP Foundation)
  • SCP-3589
  • dado (Has a hub)
Minor Edits:

Major Edits (Need their own Blog Posts, or need to be deleted as pages)

1440's base should be Unknow, at least Low 7-C for the nuke activation feat. Scales to his durability.

His extended canon key should have the same stats just with the High 1-B Spear of the Scarlet King.

Summary of the lore should be split in two. One from the file page, and one using the story of the Brothers Death.

I have made changes to SCP-096's profile in accordance to the new rules after getting an O.K. from Weekly.

Also, Weekly, can you drop the protection on 076 for a second so I can add the changes to its profile?

Question: is the High 1-B still a thing and if so should there be a blog about it?

Alright, I can cover a few of the minor edits ones once I get home. They are mostly straightforward. I'll run them by you guys when I'm done with them.

Fixing SCP-662's profile.

Removing Building level, as, even with Extended canon, he was never stated to be able to harm 682, just stall it. The only harm he claimed he cold do is if he made his body noxious to eat, and even then he still claimed that wouldn't harm it too much. Even with weapons he said he was simply distracting it. He wasn't saying incapacitate means holding it back, just it being occupied with, y'know, eating him.

There is nothing supporting Street level dura, just AP.

He has Resurrection and Psychometry, the latter because he can gain the knowledge necessary to use objects when told to do something with them, such as precision with a knife/car washing, etc.

Added a key for SCP-662. Deeds is not 662, the bell is.

There's actually a ton of stuff for Deeds in his extended canon that i havent gotten around to reading yet. Like, a TON.

WeeklyBattles said:
There's actually a ton of stuff for Deeds in his extended canon that i havent gotten around to reading yet. Like, a TON.
Sounds aweome. When you're done, you can add the key. However, with the stuff on it as it was, it wasn't correct.

Huh, I did not know that...

Everyone ignore my epic goof

I'm not sure if we want an extended canon key if it's just going to add a single ability, like on 458. There should be a tier change or multiple abilities imo.

458 should just have the Resistance removed, since it doesn't really have anything else on extended Canon.

Extended Canon is meant for stuff like Tier Changes and popular SCPs, not all of them, lol.

Changes to SCP-2722 have been implemented based on the Stealing Solidarity Canon.

Just a heads-up, I'm adding (Extended Canon) next to the verse listing for some of the characters that can't really be taken in isolation, like Kondraki and Clef.

In that case, I will be proposing lolFoundation canon profiles for them soon.

Also, new profile for 1548.

Cain Fastus said:
Wgat abput AlGore?
You can check my sandbox for what I plan to do for an article for him, but that's pretty off-topic here.

How should plot devices by a different author that aren't established in that page be treated in non-extended canon?

I'm talking about stuff like cognitohazards, Scranton reality anchors, telekill, etc. Things that are brought up but not always defined in that article.

If an article just says "Scranton reality anchors failed during containment" without describing what they are, what should we count that as for profile canon? Do we use the extended canon interpretation or treat it as gibberish and ignore it?

Agnaa said:
I'm talking about stuff like cognitohazards, Scranton reality anchors, telekill, etc. Things that are brought up but not always defined in that article.
I'll link some, IDK where all of them are, but there are official pages that describe what they are. I'm fine with generally accepted, even for Original File canon, as there is at least a guide establishing the rule, so it's much easier to tell when it's broken.

The first one says The definitions presented here are generally accepted, but may not necessarily represent the opinion of all site members. Some entries may in fact be entirely subjective, and doesn't cover reality anchors, humes, or telekill.

The second one isn't an official page; it's just a popular tale.

As I said, since a status quo is set, it's easier to see when it clearly differs. My main issue when making these rules was with inconsistency when we couldn't tell what the "standard" was, but there are many pages that establish a Standard that aren't connected to SCPs/Tales/The Story in general.

I mean, sure, the rules are tight, but with that logic there couldn't be a grounded definition of Safe, Euclid, and Keter, as the main site officially says the same thing in regards to all SCPs/Tales.

We can tell what the standard is with characters and organizations. You can tell when something's lolfoundation, or how the Koitern isn't the same Euclid entity they keep locked up and call SCP-173. (If by status quo you mean an essay explaining exactly what it is like the first link you provided, those don't exist for things like telekill/humes/reality anchors, granted it does exist for infohazards).

A grounded definition of Safe, Euclid, and Keter aren't really needed from our perspective. Tons of SCP articles make up their own classifications that have no meaning.

I'm uncomfortable treating things like reality anchors, humes, and telekill as they're described in extended canon, but not treating god-tiers and popular SCPs as they're described in extended canon.

Telekill I understand.

Humes I feel like are clearly defined. While it is done in a tale, said tale is constantly used as a reference for explaining them, even linked in many Hume-related scips.

Reality Anchors are approaching Telekill levels of inconsistency, although I feel like their base premise is still solid across most boards.

Yes, but many SCPs are linked as a reference for explaining them, yet they're not canon as they were written by different authors.

Tons of characters have their base premise solid across most boards, yet they're not canon as they were written by different authors.

Sure, those out of universe essays seem fine, but "What the hell is a hume" is firstly a tale, and secondly, isn't linked to on that page.

Couldn't mainlist SCPs similarly be argued as meant to be a general explanation of that SCP?

The problem with using extended canon before was that it was written by different authors. Why should everything written about humes by any author scale to anything any other author writes about humes?

At most cases like these should only scale to their original page by the original author, but then why don't SCPs scale to only the original page canon of other SCPs?

The rules I made are in regards to scaling, and canon. Dictionary definitions I feel are consistent enough to be taken on a case-by-case basis. For example, Telekill has an official definition but is disproved by contradictay SCPs/Tales. The reverse is true here; humes get their definition from a tale, but they are generally interpreted the same, and said tale is linked on many SCPs that use humes.

Why should everything written about humes by any author scale to anything any other author writes about humes?

At most cases like these should only scale to their original page by the original author, but then why don't SCPs scale to only the original page canon of other SCPs?

Humes don't scale to much, they are just a particle/phenomenon. If it is clearly contradictory of the definition outlined there, yeah, we wouldn't count it. Thankfully there isn't many examples of that. Like, 90% of the articles that use humes link it to reality warping anyways.

Humes scale to literally anything with reality warping

Humes dont get their definition from a tale, they get their definition from a full length explanation of what they are

WeeklyBattles said:
Humes scale to literally anything with reality warping
They don't "scale", they just demonstrate a power/ability.

Back