• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nigh Omniscience/Cosmic Awareness and mindhax

Already I've seen completely different opinions regarding this coming from both staff and regular members so I need to get this out of the way.

Should being omniscient, or having cosmic awareness, on a scale grant you resistance to mindhax on said scale?

Personally, I think yes, because you would have "more" of a mind that would be required to effect

But I've seen people argue it's meaningless on its own.

Since I've seen completely and totally different perspectives on this issue, I feel like I need to get this out of the way.

If we were to give anything for this, I feel like it would need some context, like the character needing a very strong mind to use their cosmic awareness or it being very taxing to know that much and regular ppl couldn't do it. Even that should just put it "barely above baseline", since how would you even compare that qualitatively? If the verse just treats cosmic awareness and omniscience as something "regular" that a character just so happens to have, I don't think it should give anything though.

Wut. How are these minds superior in actual substance, the only difference between normal cosmic awareness and nigh omniscience vs a normal mind is the fact that they happen to either be instinctively aware of more, or are smart enough to know more about the cosmos- knowledge and instinct don't even have anything to do with a mind, the mind is just the embodiment of the agent, the abstract, ontological root of being, the consciousness- this has nothing to do with instinct or intelligence. Cosmic awareness theoretically could, depending on the explanation, give a certain resistance via the mind being somehow connected to the universe but this is entirely circumstantial and relates to the specific ability- not the fact that it is categorised as cosmic awareness. Although, tbh, HD mind hax has always been a weird topic for me since it isn't supposed to be dimensioned in the first place, but if your mind isn't abstract then I guess that means unconventional resistance anyway?

Meaningless. By this logic an intelligent or knowledgeable enough person would also have resistance since they also have of a mind to hax. Unless the mind is treated as specifically equivalent to a greater quantity of egular minds then no, it shouldn't.

Same with Cosmic Awareness.

Back