• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Time to step away from Digimon and to try and make Soul Calibur more popular.

Soul Calibur vs Fairy Tail

The Azure Knight vs The Etherious Demon

-7-A versions are used

-Speed Equalized

-SBA

FIGHT!!!

Nightmare: 9 (Orc, Glass, Hst, Velox, Calaca, Aubin, Enryu, Emperor, Gar)

Mard Geer:

Inconclusive: 0

Nightmare
Mard geer

So... demon Mard by SBA.

Nightmare doesn't have a counter to EE but Mard doesn't have a counter to Soul and Mind Manipulation, BFR, Dura negation, possession and RW.

Nightmare wins 9/10.

I think I have to give it to Nightmare, via BFR. Mard Gaer has an AP advantage, though the durability advantage is nulled by Soul Edge; I think Nightmare would consider his opponent to be a grave threat, and just BFR before Mard, who surpasses Nightmare in raw power, would think to use Memento Mori.

I don't know anything about Nightmares abilities so I will wait until someone makes a valid argument for him that I can reply to with my knowledge of Mard Greer

People forget Soul Manipulation and Possession as well as how Soul Edge and Nightmare work....BFR is not needed for him to beat stronger opponents.

That's true. I suppose it's possible that Nightmare might throw the match, so Mard would claim Soul Edge--and be turned into a new, stronger Nightmare, resulting in a victory.

To add some facts for Nightmare seeing as he's the big unknown here.

1) The sword Nightmare weilds is Soul Edge. It's whole deal is stealing souls, corrupting people, etc.

2) Nightmare is Soul Edge, but Soul Edge is not Nightmare. Nightmare is the host of Soul Edge as anyone who even comes into contact with the blade can be corrupted and turned into a malfested. Anyone who grabs the sword is soon taken over by Soul Edge and become the new Azure Knight. This is mostly shown by Siegfried and later on Raphael. Defeating Nightmare does not defeat Soul Edge. Soul Edge tends to like sending people to Astral Chaos in order to defeat them in a realm under his control. Either that or he uses his mental powers on order to get his opponent to grab Soul Edge and eventually become his new host and thus the Azure Knight lives on.

3) Destroying the sword takes out Soul Edge...temporarily..but long enough for a win. However, if you come into contact which any part of it, you can be corrupted. For example a human was turned into a Mindless Lizardman (Aeon Calcos) or a Namek--Giant Green Man (Necrid).

If this becomes a stomp, let me know and if so, give me a better opponent. Also, if you want more info let me know.

Not the exact moment. It honestly is very inconsistent, but also very consistent...if that makes sense...

If Nightmare touch Mard with SE and Mard Geer destroy Nightmare he'd probably be corrupted by the sword.

Nightmare should take this via soul nuking. Considering it has a giant AOE, it's gonna be hard for Mard Geer to get out of that.

Nightmare....via possesion and Soul Wave

Mard does have a chance with MM to kill Nightmare if he decides not to Soul Wave or use Evil Seed. but his own fatal flaw would come into play: He wants power to kill Zeref. And what better extra insurance than the Sword of the powerful opponent he just erased?

I am considering it...but I'm too lazy to make all those fights that I thought of randomly...

Alright, I'm going to vote for Mard and I think that the votes for nightmare should be removed as I am about to debunk them. Mard should win since he can just use Thorn to tie up Nightmare and rip him to shreds. Since Nightmare is physically weaker, he would not be able to escape.

Reasons for Nightmare that are debunked

1. Soul Wave: The two methods of Nightmare using Soul Wave require him to move, which he can't do when he is tied up by the thorns.

2. Possession: Mard would have to touch Soul Edge to be possessed, which he would not do due to being a long ranged fighter. His thorns would be the things attacking Nightmare. Another reason for win via possession is Mard picking up the sword after the fight. However, Mard would not do this for multiple reasons. The first reason is that he beat the opponent by simply using his thorns that tied them up, which would he pick up the weapon of an inferior for when he constantly talks about how much insects everyone else is. In the scenario that he used EE to destroy Nightmare, he still wouldn't pick up the sword because logically being able to erase things from existence > a sword.

@Dragon how does him moving automatically null the the fact that he can still soul nuke? He can still just dodge the thorns like everyone else does when they fought him.

Because he has to stand still to sword nuke?

by stabbing the ground with Soul Edge. Another method shown is that Nightmare bows down, crossing his hands and storing energy, as we can see electric bolts gather around him. A stage starts to shake and by straightening up and shouting "Hate!" Nightmare releases a crimson energy sphere now accompanied with an additional ring of light and explosion sound.

either of these two methods have him standing still which would be more than enough time for him to get wrapped up with speed equal since hand gestures > stabbing the ground and bowing

Ok, thorns aren't going to stop him, especially when the AP gap is hardly that big to begin with and he can just cut his way out.

Besides, Nightmare is comparable to 392 megatons while Mard is Ether Mard is vastly surperior to Base Mard who is >Jellal =578. Even if the difference isn't big, it's still enough to be a deciding factor.

The whole point of the tons are there to show the differences between characters. If people could just ignore AP(and not in the hax way), most of the matches on this wiki wouldn't be handled the way they are now. Mard is stronger than Nightmare, therefore Nightmare can't break out of his thorns. You don't have to be twice as weak as something to be weaker than something.

The difference matters when breaking out of it takes strength and the person trying to break out is weaker than them. You're literally arguing that just because he's not that much weaker than the vines, he can break them. This looks even worse when you consider that his entire body would be wrapped up and the only way to break out would be to flex.

That isn't even 2 times the gap, nor is it even factoring in that said feat came from simply releasing his power. Not to mention it takes multiple characters with weapons designed to counter Soul Edge to beat him. You also forget that Nightmare has a blast wave technigue that does not require him to move.

Being a long range fighter means nothing when Souo Edge's influence and power can reach tens of kilometers easily. Not to mention Nightmare can teleport by fire.

From what I have been told a 2x gap is really nit that hard to get past. And here it is not even 2x the gap. You are underestimating Nightmare's capabilities.

The votes were not for his non movement required soul move move. They were for the one that had him need to move. The votes for those should be nulled as even if you do vote for the right person to win, if your argument is flawed the point will not count. So Soul Edge passively corrupts Mard when they start off 4km apart? That's a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back