• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ninjago Possible Wank?

I don't wish to sound rude, but it seems like there is a major misconception of the abilities of Ninjago characters. When have they ever destroyed or released energy comparable to what's necessary for the destruction of a city?

ExodusNexus said:
Can you be a bit more specific? Sorry, I'm new to this
Clouds have mass.

Moving mass at a certain speed requires energy.

Kinetic Energy is how you can calculate the exact energy value

Well, I'm not really versed into calcs either, so the values I'm using might be off since not all of them are in that blog

Anyway, the first thing you need to account for is the volume of the clouds. In that calc the Point of view used is that of an average male, so the horizon is at 4.7 kilometers

It is then used as the radius for the cloud. Since this is a storm cloud, the height used is 12000 meters, so the volume is 8.32 x 10^11 cubic meters. Convert it to mass and you get 8.348 x 10^11 Kg

The timeframe is 23 seconds, put it into the KE formula and you get

(4700/23)^2*8.348*10^11*0.5 = 1.74e+16 joules, Small City Level+ (a bit different from the actual calc since some values are probably different)

Back