• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nintendo Verse Page

I hope this isn't redundant, but could we please have a Nintendo verse page? A sort of general page with all the Nintendo verses linked in it? It would make them easier to find if they were all collected in one page.

I mean, there's When They Cry which has verse pages linked in it.

I just think it'll be neat to have Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, etc. all linked in one page. :D

Disney has one too from what i saw. Given the large scope of the franchise in question, i'm not opposed to a Nintendo page being made.

Not sure if this is redundant or not, as it isn't really a collective verse where everything is connected per say.

We don't have a Square-Enix page, for example. I'll leave this up to the popular vote though, since I can make one in a few minutes should we agree to go through with this.

The Final Fantasy page does that. If someone is willing to do it, or collab with someone on it, then sure why not?

Well, I don't think it would hurt to have one. Just that maybe it'd be better if the collective-verse page of Nintendo that you wish to have would only link to the verses under it and maybe the main character.

On another note, there's this.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Nintendo

More staff opinion is best though.

EDIT

Ninja'd by others for more than 5 minutes. Wow.

@Gemmy

RIP

Anyhoo, let's wait for more input, yes.

Reppuzan said:
Not sure if this is redundant or not, as it isn't really a collective verse where everything is connected per say.We don't have a Square-Enix page, for example. I'll leave this up to the popular vote though, since I can make one in a few minutes should we agree to go through with this.
Debateable.

It could work out... but there is a problem

Some Nintendo stuff is "Second Party", so I have no idea if that could count

I think it kinda is rather redundant and a tad silly in all honesty, it would be like making a Gen Urobuchi Works page or Scholastic one.

It couldn't hurt. I mean, it will make things much more organized. Several of us use the broad term "Nintendo verse" anyway. It's not that different from Disney either.

Well, other than crossover games and easter eggs, there are no canon connections, and if we were to have things like that, who knows what kind of verses we would have, (inb4 TMNT x DC verse page)

@SomebodyData

Well, there is Kid Icarus: Uprising, but it's sort of the exception to the rule given that all the characters were made 4th Wall Aware specifically in that game.

seems legit really but would that also go for others like a Sega verse page or something?

I'd say that Nintendo has much closer links between their franchises than other companies. Smash Bros, very frequent crossover cameos or being marqueted together.

I do not think that Sega has enough franchises listed within this wiki to qualify, but I could be wrong.

I don't want things to spiral out of control so before people start asking questions about making verse pages for other game companies, is it okay that other companies have their own respective verse pages provided they have enough franchises under their belt?

What limitations should we put in place so we don't end up with companies that are too small

In my opinion we shouldn't make pages for every company that has its many verses, this is not the case. We shouldn't make a page for SEGA for example.

Despite this, Nintendo establishes much more links between its franchises than SEGA and the like. I think a page for Nintendo would sound good.

Also, I'm down for making these with a buddy if anyone's interested :D

Disney and Nintendo are massive and extremely iconic, but these should be exceptions. I do not think that we should create verse pages for every company out there with several properties.

Hmm.

Listing it down, Nintendo has:

Donkey Kong

Fire Emblem

Kirby

Legend of Zelda

Super Mario

Metroid

Pokemon

Wario

Yoshi

That I remember have profiles here.

Sega has what?

Bayoneta

Hatsune Miku if want, but I don't think she counts

What else? I don't remember, but I'm hardly a fan of Sega anyway.

Yeah. Maybe a minimum of 5 relevant and well-know (or at least, someone actually remembers it) franchises under a company's belt before they get to have their own page.

Can Sony and Xbox have one?

Microsoft (X-box and Windows) have what?

Halo

Gears of War

Age of Mythology?

What else?

Sony has uhh...

Final Fantasy

Spyro

Uncharted

Uhh... Ratchet and Klank?

Infamous

God of War

Jak and Daxter?

I don't remember any more than that, and some there are probably spinoff games or don't actually have profiles here.

Gears of war, crackdown, dead rising. For Xbox.

Crash bandicoot and the last of us for Sony

Back