• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NNT: Fear Manip Discussion

Why were they cut through like butter? They were relative and fear aura worked
I know power levels arent entirely an accurate measurement, but lets see:

Arthur - 40k
Cusack - 168k (As stated by Merlin in chp 286, furthermore she states Cusack is far above the ten commandments aswell)

I know power levels arent entirely an accurate measurement, but lets see:

Arthur - 40k
Cusack - 168k (As stated by Merlin in chp 286, furthermore she states Cusack is far above the ten commandments aswell)
That's the recorded power level for his released state, not base

Cases like where fear manipulation could scare things like souls were stated to be feasible under Mystical of Fear Manipulation in the thread where fear manipulation was revised, and additions like the quote texts from the OP were made the Fear Manipulation; I could see fear manipulation still being fine.

Though, there might be a point about a caveat; it tends to take care of under standards battle assumptions:
However, if an ability has a weakness, condition, caveat, or limitation, consistently shown throughout its use (such as not working on characters under a specific condition, like energy gap) or stated by a valid and uncontradicted statement, then it should be applicable after the equalization.

Last edited:
Don't see why it should be deleted. Cusack and Chandler can cause fear to countless souls in the sword, which grants Arthur the power to help him damge Zeldris, Cusack, even cut Chandler's head, so Arthur with Excarlibur's powers shouldn't be weaker than them.

ad885fbfb2a5399844edb167141f3b8b59d4b25e_175195_800_1195.jpg

6c965546cb7c7c148525f8335602d3575a53ccc2_161129_800_1190.jpg

4823d3d834d270cdbf964902762dd27f6fbecc29_184789_800_1197.jpg
62c4c61f8ecc3b79e7323ac293c4ced9e890d0e9_211304_1200_879.jpg

Which administrator are you referring to?

I still disagree, as Cusack & Chandler are far stronger than the heroes, as well. They pretty much consider the whole sword a joke here, along with every hero who wielded it.
The fact they fear souls to me is supernatural / mystical in nature. It appears we've reached an impasse, i'll wait and see what people think about Elizhaa's suggestion in terms of agreement and disagreement. Since a majority of the current discussion is irrelevant to this specific suggestion.

Cases like where fear manipulation could scare things like souls were stated to be feasible under Mystical of Fear Manipulation in the thread where fear manipulation was revised, and additions like the quote texts from the OP were made the Fear Manipulation; I could see fear manipulation still being fine.
So people reading this: Y or N to Cusack getting fear manip due to scaring souls.. I'll tally the votes later.

Is there an actual argument as to why it should be removed though? So far all that's being said is that the Demons're stronger, but not a single piece of evidence as to why their strength played a part in causing their fear. Plus there's Cusack & Chandler scaring souls.

Is there an actual argument as to why it should be removed though? So far all that's being said is that the Demons're stronger, but not a single piece of evidence as to why their strength played a part in causing their fear. Plus there's Cusack & Chandler scaring souls.
I also don't remember regular demons having this affect on people. Like gray demons or red demons I don't believe scare people cause they're stronger.

Back