• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

No More Heroes CRT

So I have been playing No More Heroes recently and I saw that the pages were missing some stuff for Travis.

First the quote is unfinished, currently it's like this: "People ask me, "What is the meaning of killing if you're risking your own life?" It doesn't 'mean' shit. It's about instinct, not meaning. That spark lights up in your brain. And that sweet, sweet dopamine starts to flow...", however after "flow" there should be this part: "There's no 'meaning' to men fighting. Men are born to fight.". It adds a whole new depth of character to Travis and why he does the things he do and adds to how much wiser he has became as an assassin all those years ago. It comes from this visual novel in TSA

Now abilities he is missing these:

• His Martial Arts section should go beyond suplexes as he's able to utilize H2H combat alongside his Swordsmanship in-game.
  • He should have Accelerated Development as he can instantly mimic wrestling moves just from watching VHS tapes for some seconds.
  • Invincibility due to his Dark Side Mode allows him to be completely rendered from taking any damages.
  • Explosion Manipulation via "Anarchy of the Galaxy"
  • Maybe magic? Able to counter-perform Harvey's magic traps/tricks with his own.
  • His fourth wall ability should extend PAST just Jeane and Henry as he constantly does it in ALL FOUR OF HIS GAMES!
  • He should have Extransensory Preceptor via the Accelerator as it helps him find Lovikov Balls and buried stuff.
  • He should have Enhanced Senses due to the fact he can quickly scan an entire area to see enemy placements and other stuff he wouldn't normally see.
  • Acrobatics, His killing blows has him sometimes doing flips along with his charging beam katana he's doing flips
  • Should have a "much higher" to his endgame NMH1 key strength for pushing back the Mach 13 Elephant Cannon.
  • His Dark Side Mode gives him invincibility, but also Fear Manipulation. His Blueberry Cheese Brownie makes enemies drop and crawl/run in fear over him. Same thing goes when he turns into a tiger or in the first cutscene in NMH1 when he try asking a guard for the Townsend Residence where Death Metal is, he couldn't give him an answer and just whimpered. And his Ecstasy Guage also gives him invulnerability.
Now for the abilities of the second game:

• Self-Sustenance type 1-3 via Glastonbury
  • Flight and Space Flight via Glastonbury
  • Danmaku via Blundam Missile
  • Minor Toonforce since he can stay in the air for a short while and (somehow) closed the gap between him and Jasper Batt Jr. (Third form)
  • Immortality type 2 because not only he survived a punch through the chest from Jeane in the first game, but is able to take several beam katanas through him in his fight against Alice and got up to say "what the ****?" Or "Damn it!"
  • Chi Manipulation in NMH2 in the form of the tiger icon on the bottom right corner. It's effective the more he fights baddies and it's connected to the Peony where it increases in size due to how much Chi he has. The tiger icon is supposed to represent his Ecstacy Guage which in lore is actually his Ki thanks to Naomi making the Peony.
Not much to say for his TSA ability sheet, but he should have Reactive Power Level as the more hits he puts on the opponents, the stronger his attacks become. There's a number guage that indicates it and his opponent becomes a beam katana to a sharper and more deadly looking beam katana in game.

Now for speed: I believe Travis in NMH1 should be sub relativistic as he was able to reflect AND dodge Destroyman's Destroy Beams which are infact beams of light.

Stamina: It should be "from Japan to Texas" because he said he'll swim back to America not from America.

Range: Idk much about this section, but he should have WAY higher range due to projectiles and other hax he has with his Death Glove which is connected to the Death Drive MK-II.

Now discussing intelligence and weaknesses:

For his weaknesses, he's only easily tricked during the first half of NMH1. The fact he only got tricked once doesn't prove that he is so easily trickable. He gets much more experienced after his fight with Destroyman anyway. He does need to charge his beam katana, but for the Tsubaki Mk-III he doesn't need to do that anymore since he doesn't need to be recharged. Plus recharging it takes like so little seconds anyway.

Intelligence: At least Gifted (He may not look like it, but Travis is a very capable fighter. With his mentor being the legendary wrestler Thunder Ryu, the town drunk Lovikov, and Jacobs (Shinobu's father), Travis became a very talented swordsman and wrestler to the point Shinobu Jacobs calls him "Master." Travis is also able to replicate wrestling moves just from looking at them once in seconds and can make cash very fast. Travis is a good detective able to solve the "murder" of Brian Buster Jr. and has been able to build a killer gamer set with a PC build of 3 monitors in Texas in the middle of nowhere and stayed there for about 7 years. He's also been called a "genius gamer" by Dr. Juvenile and has even infiltrated the CIA by himself. Travis also has fought countless assassins and characters who tend to be more skilled than him. Like for instance elderly experienced assassins (Death Metal, Dr. Peace, and Speed Buster), Cosmonauts (Vladimir), Child Prodigies who trained moves that would take normies years to master (Shinobu Jacobs and Kimmy Howell), Military Ops (Holly Summers), a giant brain (Dr. Letz Shake), equally skilled combatants (Jeane and Henry), men with a 200 IQ (Electro Triple Star), Serial Killers who a ridiculous body count (Mr. Doppelganger), a very ambitious and very dangerous scientist (Dr. Juvenile), and various other high ranking assassins to get to the number 1 spot twice.)

And that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Bump

I forgot to to add Travis has Chi Manipulation in NMH2 in the form of the tiger icon on the bottom right corner. It's effective the more he fights baddies and it's connected to the Peony where it increases in size due to how much Chi he has. The tiger icon is supposed to represent his Ecstacy Guage which in lore is actually his Ki thanks to Naomi making the Peony.

>I believe Travis in NMH1 should be sub relativistic as he was able to reflect AND dodge Destroyman's Destroy Beams which are infact beams of light.
Where does them being light come from?
Not that it matters since Travis has a bunch of rela feats. Maybe I can post them in a blog or smth

They can be reflected by characters like Travis, they emit light, and their wikia also calls them lasers
There's also the Destroy Buster who is also a laser, not to mention Destroyman's suit is technologically advanced.

Anyways any supporting feat is also appreciated

Bump, is there enough approval so that the edits can be applied? Since the thread already has even staff aproval

Do you think that there are so feat missing from Travis strikes again? Because I remember Travis being City level back then.

It sounds good to me, though I feel like we should calc the mach 13 elephant buster AP so he isn't just baseline and has actual feats.

I almost forgot
In the No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise remake, he should have Dream Manipulation because whenever he sleeps, he will be able to fight the NMH2 bosses in his sleep as they're DLC

Why would that be dream manip? Just dreaming isn't enough IIRC.
He's fighting in his dreams and the fights so happen to be the bosses from NMH2. So like if Travis ever gets into a fight with someone who can manipulation dreams, this should be the first thing that pops up. He's not just "dreaming"
Just dreaming would be him dreaming of soms Galaga game on his way to fight Harvey
What we see in Heroes Paradise is completely different

I can do the edits, but before that I forgot the last ability, Travis should have wish grating in his TSA key because the Death drive MK-II can grant people's wishes

If that ability is accepted I can peform the edits

Okay. That is probably fine, but let's wait for a bit more input first.

Back