• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
>He's held back the massive Titan fist. A being that has held up a Meteor and crushes ridges with every swing.

So has Bayonetta

WeeklyBattles said:
Youre kinda going to have to give an actual argument
Well it's hard to seperate the high 6-A from the 4-c Bayonetta... So I will fight on behalf of Noctis.

First of all... he has the ability to tear a hole in the universe and banish his enemies via the Alterna spell.

Does she have any resistence to this?

Second of all... from Noctis Key.. it shows that he can see the death of Others... does Bayonneta have any way to protect herself from this... because if she doesn't, then Noctis could easily find out a way to put her down.

Second of all... what is Bayonetta's resistence to the light like?

Because he has 13 Royal Arms that he can use.

In particular, I like the Sword of The Father. 'The sword wielded by King Regis, father of the True King, it is a mighty sword designed that nurtures the light and increases the power of one's finishing blows.'

I mean its really not, they have separate keys and even her powers are in different tabs

Noctis' Alterna spell has a notable charge time and in-character he doesnt lead with it

For the seeing the death of others that is both not how his precog works and he has no way to actively control it, so it is very likely it wouldnt even come into play here

Im not entirely sure what you mean by 'the light' but if youre referring to light manipulation she doesnt have a weakness or resistance to it but she regularly fights and defeats things who use light manip

Oh then Bayo doesnt really have a weakness to it and she kills beings that are considered holy on a daily basis, and she even has spells specifically designed to counter holy magic.

I was going to mention the Death spell that he has. I don't know if she's resistant to that or not.

You can go ahead and make the Argument for Bayo

His death manip is the same case as his bfr, he doesn't lead with it and it has a notable charge time

Hmm. I haven't yet reached the time skip for Noctis in Final Fantasy... so forgive me if my lack of understanding isn't quite there.

Well to summarize from axioms argument earlier, Noctis may have somewhat the AP advantage but Bayo can counter it with damage negation, attack reflection, invincibility and her own summons moreover the lack of resistance to matter destruction and soul manipulation isn't doing any favours for Noctis.

Noctis does have some degree of time manipulation (as well as resistance to it too) but its nothing Bayo hasn't seen before.

@Weekly you do know that argument of Noctis doesn't lead with his hax can apply to Bayonetta too right? Considering she's never shown to lead with those hax in character either aside from time stop, which he resists.

So can noctis. His whole Gilgamesh ability to swap between weapons at will is like his main ability that's used a lot in character. And going off from the profiles, his weapons already have status ailments on them that Bayo doesn't resist.

Bayo can negate those status ailments entirely with all the stuff I listed, as well as a yellow moon lolipop

you mean the items she's never shown to use in character at all? I'd like to see proof that Bayo 1 Bayonetta uses those items in character. On top of them actually having evidence to resist all the status ailments like time stop.

There are multiple cutscenes of her using lollipops in character, theres even a built in mechanics where you can start off a fight with a lollipop active if shes using it in the cutscene pruor to the fight.

Ill give you proof if you prove that noctis uses all of those things in character as well.

Lolipops doesn't grant her resistance to timestop, nor does it grant them attack reflection, and damage negation. At best it grants her invulnerability and it doesn't stop the timestop ailment from inflicting upon her.

Literally look up any fight in FFXV, his entire fighting style is swapping out weapons at will and not just using one weapon.

Actually it does, it prevents father balders timestop from working on her.

Yeah and so is bayonetta but for some reason youre doubting that she uses different weapons in combat

Where did they ever stop his timestop? All the times she's fought him in the first game his timestop worked.

Geez it's like you didn't even read what I said and pulled a strawman out of nowhere. I said shit like Attack Negation and Reflection she's never shown to use that in character at all in the first game. Where did I reference her weapons.

The cutscenes are the only viable way of showing what the characters can do right off the bat in character. This is a thing for like a lot of video game franchises.

how would they be screwed up? The cutscenes shows what their in character mindset and go to weapons/abilities are.

Theglassman12 said:
Where did they ever stop his timestop? All the times she's fought him in the first game his timestop worked.

Geez it's like you didn't even read what I said and pulled a strawman out of nowhere. I said shit like Attack Negation and Reflection she's never shown to use that in character at all in the first game. Where did I reference her weapons.
In the fights against him. With the lollipop active his timestop doesnt work.

She uses everything my guy

Nd yes you are only taking cutscenes into consideration, that doesnt work for rpg characters like noctis and bayo who have such a wide variety of equipment that they logicslly could not use all of it in a limited timeframe of the story and still have a coherent storyline,the same goes for characters like dante and sora

NostalgiaTrip said:
Then I guess I change my vote to Bayo.
Also am I the only one that gets annoying when people say that someone stomps or FRA?
Vote Counted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back