• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nonexistent Physiology for Okage Characters

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
In this thread I will be discussing wether or not the likes of Ari and the real Princess Marlene should have Nonexistent Physiology. I will be taking direct lines from the game like I did in my first ever Okage thread.

So early in the game Ari is seemingly ignored by the people he talkes to. Even though you literaly walk up to there face!. It isn't until you actual signal them do the notice you and then they say they didint notice you. Here is where some dialogue about this comes in.

Annie: Ari, you're the type that.... blends into someone else's shadow.

Later Ari meets a man who is called the Pudgy Man lol and his dialogue says.

Pudgy Man: By the way kid, your spirit seems overshadowed. Everybody tells yoy that, huh?

Now you get three options of dialoge but they all lead to this same next batch of dialogue.

Pudgy Man: Well, you know, you're very overshadowed. Watch yourself, now.

Now you go through most the game no longer getting this reaction from people after Evil King Stan took possession of Ari's shadow. This is because Stan is an importent character that people notice, thus Ari is noticed... That is until Stan is seperated from Ari's body and literaly disappears from sight and mind. Now in this state, no one in the game will answer you and simply talks to themselves. They cannot hear you, see you or even touch you. They dont even notice your actions. Soon Ari comes to a town of people just like him and hears where we get our explination about Ari's condition by non other than the Pudgy Man who reveals to yoy his real name which is Block. Here is Blocks explination.

Note: All this next text is from Block

Block: Hey kid. So it's you! It's me. Block, the ringmaster from the circus. I tried to warn you once. But you wound up here, after all. What, you don't know what I'm talking about? Don't you know what's become of you?

Haven't you noticed that the people seem to outright ignore you sometimes?... What? Not just sometimes, but all the time? Hmmm. That's worse than I thought. But not to worry, you'll be ok. If I'm doing ok, I'm sure you will, too.

Once I'd told you that your shadow was thin. What that means is...uh, this is purely my own thinking but... Our shadows have reached a point of their thinness. They are so thin that no one notices us anymore. Like the pebbles on the ground, completely insignificant.

Right now, in the eyes of the world, you might as well not be there. I'm not being mean or anything. In some ways, we're outlaws. We never conformed to society. Anyway, thinking of it like that helps. Folks here in Triste are the same as you. They've been this way for quite a while.

Somehow, being alike, we can see each other and talk amongst ourselves though out in the world, we remained unnoticed. Weird, isn't it?. And it's not limited to people. Places go unnoticed as well. When I first found myself in this state, I totally panicked and without thinking about it. I found myself in places I'd never before seen. This was one of them.

My "symptoms" were mild and I eventually recovered. Once in while, I'd get ignored or see my own kind but it was never as bad as that one time. I never thought I'd see this place again and now I'm here thanks to "Transverse Tunnel you guys opened.

Oh, you wanna know how to get back? Not so fast. There are things you can do and see only when you're in this state. So enjoy! Live it up! ...Oh right, I forgot that that's how you got into this mess. Well it's easy once you know the trick. Well, at least for me, it works. It's all about speaking for yourself. Breaking into conversations, here and there, saying whatever you wish with a confident voice. At first they might not hear you but keep it going. After meny tries, you will suddenly feel this sensation of passing trough a wall. Once you reach that stage m, come and talk to me again. Then I will cast a special spell on you and you'll return to normal.

Oh, don't try it with the folks in this town. It's not gonna work. You can't effect the ineffectual ya' know? Your symptoms are so advanced that I'll only be able to restore you barely past the borderline. Try interacting with the world again but this time, be strong! Otherwise, it might happen again. That's about it. Good luck.

Note: End of Blocks text

Here's a line from Beiloune

Beiloune: Something is wrong. I assumed everything was back on the right track... after the boy, fortunately, disappeared from the "World." This girl still retains the memory of that brief adventure... Could it be that the boy has not completely disappeard? Or, could it be somthing else?.

Conclusion
So in this state the people of that town basically arn't there anymore no one notices them at all. Even Non Corpreal beings like ghosts can't see or interact with them, hell even ghosts can end up like this as shown in the twon was a ghost. Block explains that in the eyes of the world they might as well not even be there and that they are insignificent. He even states that talking to people like them doesn't count and you can't effect the ineffectual meaning they arn't effected by things normal people or even ghosts are. He says returning from this state is like passing through a wall. He also states that not only people are effected by this but places to. The very town these people live in is also in this state.

Even Beiloune thought Ari was just removed from the world and his "Classification" Hax kicked in and began to literally fix everything. Eraseing everyones memories of Ari, changing history itself making it someone else who defeated the Evil Kings instead of Ari. Classification Hax is basically Law, Fate and Plot Manipulation rolled into one and it literally could no longer detect Ari as if he completely got removed from the story.

Since no one can see, hear or effect them. The basic Classification (Law and Fate) doesnt even recognize there very exsitence and changes history since said beings no longer are there does this mean they are nonexistent or no?.

I'm not sure if I'd call it Nonexistent Physiology. Stupid good Stealth, maybe, and it might get to the point of Non-Corporeal if left to rot like the guy said where you straight up walk through walls, but I don't think this runs as Nonexistent Physiology.

I think it could qualifies as Nonexistent Physiology as the description basically follows the definition.

• Nonexistent Physiology refers to the ability to paradoxically 'exist', yet lack any identifiable traits of existence, or exist outside of a particular scope of 'existence'.
It would be Type 1.

I'm not the biggest expert on Nonexistence as that's often interpreted as 1-A levels of hax, but it would definitely be some sort of invisibility and/or intangibility. Or even strait up Non-Corporeal. But is there details that they literally have no mind or soul? Disappearing from others' minds =/= mean the same thing as literally having no mind.

I'm neutral on this though.

NEP isn't 1-A

I'd be fine with a broken ass version of Invisibility.

@DarkDragonMedeus

No, I don't believe there is any talk about them not having Minds or Souls.

If Nonexistent Physiology is to much to deal with I have an alternetive.

Invisibility, Intangibility, and Non-Corporeal (Those who are "Overshadowed" have lost their place in reality and are no longer apart of history, existing in a different plain of existance and cannot be seen, heared, or interacted with, Even those who can effect the soul are unable to touch them)

that works I guess, Intangibility sorta is the same as Non-Corporeal but the stuff is legit at least

Back