• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Note (Gyrohem) vs Joseph (Mirage Saga)

I can't believe I found a match as fitting as this one. Two prep time masters and calculating characters who control technological powers to the best of their abilities!

The Researcher vs The Assassi

They're both in character - of course! - and both in their 7-B versions (meaning Joseph is on his Nil Counseling Arc Key and Note gets his mech).

Rules: Like I said above, they're on their 7-B versions. Speed equalized, just in case. They either get no prep time at all (Round 1) or both agree to get JUST enough prep time to make the fight as fair as possible (Round 2, and this one takes priority). Win by any means except BFRing. Rules can be changed if need be, but as I see it right now, it seems very fair.

This is where they meet and the battle initially takes place:

Battle theme (Neutral)

Joseph Theme

Note Theme

MeltyBloodActressAgainFarewellTown

I wanted one of my characters (Note isn't my oc btw, just was added here by me for a friend) to verse one of your characters eventually. Looks like you beat me to it. Cx

Anyways, these two combatants have tons of things in common, but certain abilities that differ them enough to make the battle interesting.

Note has: Possibly higher intelligence (Can possibly prepare something that would suprise Joseph), precognition (Though, I dunno if this'll help as the fight's speed equalized), low energy resistance and elemental resistance (Which renders his Danmaku almost useless).

Joseph has: Technological manipulation (Which would mess up his mech horribly, and possibly give him an easy win if he uses it from the get-go), magnetism manipulation (Which would also mess up his mech horribly)

If Note can pull off a plan good enough (which he could), he'd be able to win I'd say 7, maybe 8/10 times. On the other hand, if Joseph uses his technological manipulation from the get-go, it'd be in his favor about the same amount of times.

So, all in all, inconclusive for me.

P.S: That's Note's character theme, not his battle theme. His actual battle them is this , which is on the bottom of his profile.

Yup, Joseph is VERY calculating and smart to the point where people would either clap their hands or just think he is paranoid with all those countermeasures and analyzing stuff. But looking at their profiles, Joseph could learn a lot from his opponent, Note still has him beat in that regard to a degree where it can count as an advantage (I can see them taking a cup of coffee and debating on the making of plans rather than fighting at the end of this, LOL).

Yes, the elemental danmaku is not Joseph's best bet on this for attacking purposes due to Note pretty much resisting all of it... He could use it to try and delay some attacks from the mech or make curtain fire, but definitely his trump card here is Technological and Magnetism manipulation. And if Joseph saw a Mech in front of him, his analysis would lead to a similar conclusion so it's likely that he wouldn't hold back on using it for some reason.

But none of that changes the fact that, like you said, Note is a master strategist as well and even more intelligent than Joseph and could still make a plan good enough to take the win and with the resistances from his mech and firepower, he could get the chance to make it work. While I'm the OP and my vote doesn't count, I was thinking this may be Inconclusive, and now with your vote, I'm leaning even more on it.

Also, I see. ^_^' I thought his theme would count too.

Note: 0

Joseph: 0

Inconclusive: 1

Hmm, this is very close...

Note seems to have the advantage when it comes to pure stats with his higher durability and his greater intellect in a combat scenario. He also has precog. When it comes to offensive abilities however, Joseph possess the advantage, with his practise of danmaku, elemental manipulation and technological manipulation among others.

Note's intelligence could lead to him winning in an incredibly close set of battles (6/10 I'd say) but all in all, as you've both already said, I'd call it inconclusive.

Honestly I'd hand it to Note.

His Mech gives him some pretty useful tools and his precognition would make him pretty damn hard to hit.

To be fair, Joseph with Prep time can devise a counter for Precognition. Unless it's a very broken kind of Precog - It's nothing he's not used to fighting against in MS. The likes of Francine and even Galileah had Precog to a certain extent, and Lucille has actual Future Vision, but he developed counter measures against all of this. And this applies to any of his keys aside from his normal human form, as he was always the crazy prepared sort of guy.

In round one with no prep, Precog may indeed be a problem. In round 2, not so much. But anyways, vote counted.

(EDIT: Aside from that, like Xmark pointed out, there's his Magnetism/Technological Manip. If Joseph can't hit Note that well by normal means, he will definitely use this to try and directly mess up with the mech in order to make things on even grounds for the two of them.)

Inconclusive: 2

Note: 1

Joseph: 0

Well, i say Joseph, despite Note's higher durability and precognition, Joseph's preparation time can negate that like Fate said, and Technological Manipulation, which can simply wreck Note's Mech

Ok, thanks for your input. That kinda makes it even more even when you look at the vote count... ^_^ This is looking like a close match, indeed.

Inconclusive: 2

Note: 1

Joseph: 1

Back