• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give this to Gyomei due to Stone skin defenses, Better handling of his weapon, and better usage of See-Through World. (Obanai really hasn't got to use it, He's physically also the weakest and comes in 7th place in running speed.)

It was also stated both in databooks and manga panels That Gyomei was the current strongest Hashira. And Obanai's feats don't even really hold up.

If they are both blood-lusted, What's stopping Gyomei from tying him up with his chains since he has shown better reaction speed feats due to STW, and then beating the hell out of him since He's physically so much stronger? (Or just destroying his head completely..)

My Vote is for Gyomei FRA

Taş deri savunması, Silahının daha iyi kullanımı ve See-Through World'ün daha iyi kullanımı nedeniyle bunu Gyomei'ye verirdim. (Obanai gerçekten kullanmak zorunda değil, fiziksel olarak da en zayıfı ve koşu hızında 7. sırada geliyor.)

Hem veri kitaplarında hem de manga panellerinde Gyomei'nin şu anki en güçlü Hashira olduğu belirtildi. Ve Obanai'nin başarıları gerçekten geçerli bile değil.

İkisi de kana susamışsa, Gyomei'nin STW sayesinde daha iyi tepki hızı becerileri gösterdiği için onu zincirleriyle bağlamasını ve fiziksel olarak çok daha güçlü olduğu için onu fena halde dövmesini engelleyen nedir?

Benim Oyum Gyomei FRA'ya
  1. I wouldn't have thought the gyomei had won because of the better use of tpw gyomei. gyomei can't solo dodge muzan and can't escape the whip of muzan (chapter 191) though obanai has many dodges against muzan . It's true that the obanai is physically weak but There is no obstacle for obanai to damage the gyomei . obanai is strong enough to cut the neck of muzan. The mention of gyomei being strongest in the databooks and manga is before the war, and people who say it didn't watch when gyomei and obanai fight in a bloodthirsty state, so it's not very reliable.

obanai is strong enough to cut the neck of muzan.
And Gyomei isnt? Gyomei is strong enough to explode Muzan's chest with a single blow.
gyomei can't solo dodge muzan and can't escape the whip of muzan (chapter 191)
The speed feats of obanai is very debatable because he always had someone by his side.
Also, what? Obanai was also hit by that. Regardless if he got back up or not, that doesn't really prove anything.

1. I wouldn't have thought the gyomei had won because of the better use of tpw gyomei. gyomei can't solo dodge muzan and can't escape the whip of muzan (chapter 191) though obanai has many dodges against muzan . It's true that the obanai is physically weak but There is no obstacle for obanai to damage the gyomei . obanai is strong enough to cut the neck of muzan. The mention of gyomei being strongest in the databooks and manga is before the war, and people who say it didn't watch when gyomei and obanai fight in a bloodthirsty state, so it's not very reliable.
And Gyomei isnt? Gyomei is strong enough to explode Muzan's chest with a single blow.

The speed feats of obanai is very debatable because he always had someone by his side.
Also, what? Obanai was also hit by that. Regardless if he got back up or not, that doesn't really prove anything.
I don't think damaging the body is a very useful feat, as the durability of the demons' body is inconsistent. I didn't mention whether he stood up or not. (obanai was offguard at the time). here obanai has solo dodge against muzan

I don't think damaging the body is a very useful feat, as the durability of the demons' body is inconsistent. I didn't mention whether he stood up or not. (obanai was offguard at the time). here obanai has solo dodge against muzan
Needless to say, Gyomei destroyed a young Muzan's head completely. This already puts him above Obanai in AP.
If you say offguard to that, It wasn't. Muzan clearly sees it coming right here.
main-qimg-a8d22e09747fafd413590026c87fb230-lq
main-qimg-e4e0149b3cb2f8932aa57de632c5a13f

I even have a better argument i found, that i think will shut this case down. (Not my argument, but still facts.)

Iguro entered fresh against Muzan with no injuries or fatigue of any sort, whereas other Hashira were heavily injured and fatigued from their previous UM fights.

• Giyuu was fatigued, and fought with a broken sword and an almost dead arm(from the Akaza fight) against Muzan.
  • Sanemi was fatigued, and injured, missing 2 fingers, and holding his guts with bandages.
  • Gyomei was fatigued, cut, and bruised too.

Unmarked Iguro was stronger than Marked Giyuu and marked Sanemi against Muzan, and that's why he was able to perform on their level.

I'll agree Obanai did protect Tanjiro, but he himself was saved 5 times in the final arc.

1. He got saved by Yushiro against Nakime
  2. He and other pillars were saved by low-rank demon slayer where they sacrificed themselves by jumping in front of Muzan's attack.
  3. He got saved by Zenitsu when he almost fainted
  4. Probably got saved by Giyuu and Gyomei from Muzan's Shockwave attack(Inosuke comment)
  5. Tanjiro helped him with Yushiro's talisman.
When Iguro entered the fight against Muzan, he saved Tanjiro and was the 2nd pillar to get a hit on Muzan along with everyone else, but as the fight further progressed, he was ghosted. He, himself mentioned how he has contributed the least in this fight. Iguro had gotten so weak just from fighting Muzan and his poison, that he decided to shield Himejima instead of fighting Muzan, but even that wasn't possible for him.
OdoaRvp.jpeg
Lf3y6iw.jpeg

After Mitsuri got injured, he decided to sacrifice himself. In chapter 188. He stated, " First, I must die and swap out this body that's flowing from impure blood". (and this is the guy who lectured Giyuu for not understanding the role of a pillar)

Iguro did sever Muzan's limbs, but with the help of Sanemi, who created the opening for him.

After getting the antidote for Muzan's blood, Iguro decided to turn the tide around for himself, but he almost fainted right after turning his blade red and was saved by Zenitsu, which shows a lack of strength as well.

In Muzan's Shockwave attack (which took out everyone) Giyuu and Gyomei were the ones who saved everyone around them(Inosuke comment), which cost them their limbs.

Iguro got lucky, as he only lost his eyes. Any lost of limbs, he would've died from blood loss right then and there.

Also, Iguro was already half blind since birth. Kaburamaru was the real MVP, who helped him fight Muzan as he(snake) was predicting all of Muzan's movements. Going full blind had little to no effect on Iguro, as he wasn't that desperate. And anyway, he did get Yushiro's talismans, so he got his vision back as well, making his "blind fight" a question of a chapter.

The version of Muzan, Obanai, and Tanjiro fought for 25 minutes was exceptionally WEAK in the final hour of the battle(When Tanjiro fought solo against Muzan), probably weaker than his 12 kizukis. As he himself mentioned it " Its unbelievable that I can't instantly kill a man who's so heavily injured. All because of the Tamayo drug. They are not fast, it's me who is getting slow" Muzan was hitting fatigue, he was out of breath, vomiting blood, and running low on stamina, which is not normal for demons, as they have no concept of fatigue and stamina. Even Inosuke and Zenitsu, whose power levels were not close to pillars, and who didn't even have a mark were holding their own against Muzan for the last 25 minutes of the fight.

About STW

Iguro only got to experience STW for like a second before he got taken out along with everyone else.

Just try placing fresh Rengoku or Tengen in place of Iguro in Muzan Fight. They'd perform even better than Iguro at base cose not only they are more experienced, but they also have far better stats than Iguro.

TL;DR Gyomei slams, this thread is a disrespect to our blind boi.

PXQgAD7csSNnp3ITCcai7PUvUMmRgjYD9Sy_P7yxP6k.png

(FYI, Demon slayer characters have Reactive Power levels, while that is true, this hasn't been shown to be permanent. So Gyomei's power amp against kokushibo, or any other hashira being "stronger" permanently by fighting upper moons is out the window.)

Needless to say, Gyomei destroyed a young Muzan's head completely. This already puts him above Obanai in AP.
If you say offguard to that, It wasn't. Muzan clearly sees it coming right here.
main-qimg-e4e0149b3cb2f8932aa57de632c5a13f
Muzan wasn't an offguard at the time, but not because of what you said. Muzan knew that the hashiras would come, so they need to be prepared for the attacks that may come from the hashiras. but at that time, the muzan was very weakened by the explosion of the ubuyashiki mansion.

Muzan wasn't an offguard at the time, but not because of what you said. Muzan knew that the hashiras would come, so they need to be prepared for the attacks that may come from the hashiras. but at that time, the muzan was very weakened by the explosion of the ubuyashiki mansion.
I explained everything above.
My vote is still to Gyomei FRA.

I even have a better argument i found, that i think will shut this case down. (Not my argument, but still facts.)

Iguro entered fresh against Muzan with no injuries or fatigue of any sort, whereas other Hashira were heavily injured and fatigued from their previous UM fights.

• Giyuu was fatigued, and fought with a broken sword and an almost dead arm(from the Akaza fight) against Muzan.
  • Sanemi was fatigued, and injured, missing 2 fingers, and holding his guts with bandages.

Unmarked Iguro was stronger than Marked Giyuu and marked Sanemi against Muzan, and that's why he was able to perform on their level.

I'll agree Obanai did protect Tanjiro, but he himself was saved 5 times in the final arc.

2. He and other pillars were saved by low-rank demon slayer where they sacrificed themselves by jumping in front of Muzan's attack.
  4. Probably got saved by Giyuu and Gyomei from Muzan's Shockwave attack(Inosuke comment)
When Iguro entered the fight against Muzan, he saved Tanjiro and was the 2nd pillar to get a hit on Muzan along with everyone else, but as the fight further progressed, he was ghosted. He, himself mentioned it how he has contributed the least in this fight. Iguro had gotten so weak just from fighting Muzan and his poison, that he decided to shield Himejima instead of fighting Muzan, but even that wasn't possible for him.
OdoaRvp.jpeg
Lf3y6iw.jpeg

After Mitsuri got injured, he decided to sacrifice himself. In chapter 188. He stated, " First, I must die and swap out this body that's flowing from impure blood". (and this is the guy who lectured Giyuu for not understanding the role of a pillar)

Iguro did sever Muzan's limbs, but with the help of Sanemi, who created the opening for him.

After getting the antidote for Muzan's blood, Iguro decided to turn the tide around for himself, but he almost fainted right after turning his blade red and was saved by Zenitsu, which shows a lack of strength as well.

In Muzan's Shockwave attack (which took out everyone) Giyuu and Gyomei were the ones who saved everyone around them(Inosuke comment), which costed them their limbs.

Iguro got lucky, as he only lost his eyes. Any lost of limbs, he would've died from blood loss right then and there.

Also, Iguro was already half blind since birth. Kaburamaru was the real MVP, who helped him fight Muzan as he(snake) was predicting all of Muzan's movements. Going full blind had little to no effect on Iguro, as he wasn't that desperate. And anyway, he did get Yushiro's talismans, so he got his vision back as well, making his "blind fight" a question of a chapter.

The version of Muzan, Obanai and Tanjiro fought for 25 minutes was exceptionally WEAK in the final hour of the battle(When Tanjiro fought solo against Muzan), probably weaker than his 12 kizukis. As he himself mentioned it " Its unbelievable that I can't instantly kill a man who's so heavily injured. All because of Tamayo drug. They are not fast, it's me who is getting slow" Muzan was hitting fatigue, he was out of breath, vomiting blood and running low on stamina, which is not normal for demons, as they have no concept of fatigue and stamina. Even Inosuke and Zenitsu, who's power level were not close to pillars, who didn't even had a mark were holding their own against Muzan for last 25 minutes of the fight.

About STW

Iguro only got to experience STW for like a second before he got taken out along with everyone else.

Just try placing fresh Rengoku or Tengen in place of Iguro in Muzan Fight. They'd perform even better than Iguro at base cose not only they are more experienced, but they also have far better stats than Iguro.

(FYI, Demon slayer characters have Reactive Power levels, while that is true, this hasn't been shown to be permanent. So gyomei's power amp against kokushibo, or any other hashira being "stronger" permanently is out the window.)
a lot of headcanons. you say: 'iguro had gotten so weak just from fighting Muzan and his poison, that he decided to shield Himejima instead of fighting Muzan, but even that was n't possible for him.' but this is wrong. It's totally headcanon that iguro decided to protect the gyomei because of the poison. iguro has been protecting the gyomei from the very beginning, and he talks on the panel that he can no longer protect the gyomei.

a lot of headcanons. you say: 'iguro had gotten so weak just from fighting Muzan and his poison, that he decided to shield Himejima instead of fighting Muzan, but even that was n't possible for him.' but this is wrong. It's totally headcanon that iguro decided to protect the gyomei because of the poison. iguro has been protecting the gyomei from the very beginning, and he talks on the panel that he can no longer protect the gyomei.
What. That isnt headcanon. He literally says so.
Lf3y6iw.jpeg

When Iguro entered the fight against Muzan, he saved Tanjiro and was the 2nd pillar to get a hit on Muzan along with everyone else, but as the fight further progressed, he was ghosted. He, himself mentioned how he has contributed the least in this fight. Iguro had gotten so weak just from fighting Muzan and his poison, that he decided to shield Himejima instead of fighting Muzan, but even that wasn't possible for him.
OdoaRvp.jpeg
Lf3y6iw.jpeg

In Muzan's Shockwave attack (which took out everyone) Giyuu and Gyomei were the ones who saved everyone around them(Inosuke comment), which cost them their limbs.

The version of Muzan, Obanai, and Tanjiro fought for 25 minutes was exceptionally WEAK in the final hour of the battle(When Tanjiro fought solo against Muzan), probably weaker than his 12 kizukis. As he himself mentioned it " Its unbelievable that I can't instantly kill a man who's so heavily injured. All because of the Tamayo drug. They are not fast, it's me who is getting slow" Muzan was hitting fatigue, he was out of breath, vomiting blood, and running low on stamina, which is not normal for demons, as they have no concept of fatigue and stamina. Even Inosuke and Zenitsu, whose power levels were not close to pillars, and who didn't even have a mark were holding their own against Muzan for the last 25 minutes of the fight.

About STW

(FYI, Demon slayer characters have Reactive Power levels, while that is true, this hasn't been shown to be permanent. So Gyomei's power amp against kokushibo, or any other hashira being "stronger" permanently by fighting upper moons is out the window.)
Adding onto the top of this;
There's a reason why Author did not give Iguro a proper Upper moon fight, and that is his durability factor. If Iguro had fought any top 3 upper moons and received any sort of injury on the level of Giyuu, Sanemi, and Gyomei.. Iguro wouldn't have been able to fight Muzan at all. This is why the author made him fight fresh in a group against a weakened Muzan because looking at his stats (where he's literally at the bottom 3 in every provided chart) he wouldn't have survived against a proper Upper moon. He's the only pillar other than Mitsuri who kept on complaining in the final arc.

He's talking about making a contribution here. The place I called headcanon was different
What? He says he can't contribute to the fight, so he accepts himself that he can't help anyone and is the weakest there of them all

Gyomei takes strength, Speed, Reaction speed due to STW, Durability, and Battle IQ, Range, and Hax. There's really no point to this thread.

OdoaRvp.jpeg
Lf3y6iw.jpeg

About STW

Gyomei fra
Obanai only advantage is agility but everything else is worse

For It to be even close to fair you would need obanai and sanemi/giyuu together
Even them gyomei would prob take it 7 out of 10

It seems ridiculous that he can't do it, but there is no feat that he did, so I say he can't.

You saying Muzan was weakened here due to the explosion is completely headcanon. There is no evidence pointing towards it and Muzan regenerates instantly, which he did after the explosion.

This was only a ploy to get Muzan off-guard for the drug to enter his system, After that, he had no problem using his blood demon art.

Even if it DID weaken his durability,
A weakened healthy Muzan is still stronger and more durable than a drugged 9000-Year-old Muzan. Gyomei doing this would already put his AP above anyone else in that fight, as An healthy a bit shook from an explosion Muzan is still millions more durable than an old Muzan with drugs in his system.

This was only a ploy to get Muzan off-guard for the drug to enter his system, After that, he had no problem using his blood demon art.

Even if it DID weaken his durability,
A weakened healthy Muzan is still stronger than a drugged 9000-Year-old Muzan.
prove it. Also, in chapter 184 and chapter 181, where obanai cuts off the banana's neck, muzan regains its former power. (it is said that if the soldiers is eaten by the muzan (about 150 soldiers) it will regain its former strength, and the muzan eats almost all of these soldiers (about 90%). It would not be wrong to say that the muzan has regained its strength by 90%.)

It seems ridiculous that he can't do it, but there is no feat that he did, so I say he can't.
Gyomei still has the feat of crushing Muzan's arm and Obanai still views Gyomei as more important for the fight against Muzan than himself, so I would heavily disagree with you here since like you yourself said this is ridiculous.

prove it. Also, in chapter 184 and chapter 181, where obanai cuts off the banana's neck, muzan regains its former power. (it is said that if the soldiers is eaten by the muzan (about 150 soldiers) it will regain its former strength, and the muzan eats almost all of these soldiers (about 90%). It would not be wrong to say that the muzan has regained its strength by 90%.)
That percentage number is rather speculative and the statement doesn't even say that Muzan would recover all of his strength. There is also the fact that there were multiple drug effects that Muzan and almost everyone else wasn't aware of at that point.

prove it.
Prove what?? :ROFLMAO: that a drugged and weakened Muzan is weaker than a healthy prime Muzan?? 😂
where obanai cuts off the banana's neck, muzan regains its former power. (it is said that if the soldiers is eaten by the muzan (about 150 soldiers) it will regain its former strength, and the muzan eats almost all of these soldiers (about 90%). It would not be wrong to say that the muzan has regained its strength by 90%.)
That is simply not the case. They thought he would because they thought the drug didn't work. But here, I'll prove it;

Um5U5ds.jpeg
SULOVRP.jpeg

main-qimg-871b3981d2ebce24ea2317d2485f324c-lq

Prove what?? :ROFLMAO: that a drugged and weakened Muzan is weaker than a healthy prime Muzan?? 😂

That is simply not the case. They thought he would because they thought the drug didn't work. But here, I'll prove it;

Um5U5ds.jpeg
SULOVRP.jpeg

main-qimg-871b3981d2ebce24ea2317d2485f324c-lq
Where you gave the statements, muzan is 9 thousand years old. in addition it says per war

Where you gave the statements, muzan is 9 thousand years old. in addition it says per war
This proves that the Muzan that got his head destroyed by gyomei is stronger than this old muzan that is saying this dialogue in the first place. And pray tell, when has obanai fought healthy muzan and landed hits??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back