• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Sakura wins here. Not only does she have the A.P advantage but Sakura also has a skill and mobility advantage (yes she was being controlled by Chiyo in the scans I used to highlight her mobility, but its still her body doing those movements, the only reason she needed Chiyo was because she couldn't read Sasori's attacks very well at the time) and even if you discard those feats, Sakura has surface scaling which will make it extremely easy to outmaneuver Yamato. Sakura can also shut down Yamato's movements with just a touch or alternatively put her to sleep. Using shunshin, which Sakura does do in character.

I think Sakura wins here. Not only does she have the A.P advantage but Sakura also has a skill and mobility advantage (yes she was being controlled by Chiyo in the scans I used to highlight her mobility, but its still her body doing those movements, the only reason she needed Chiyo was because she couldn't read Sasori's attacks very well at the time) and even if you discard those feats, Sakura has surface scaling which will make it extremely easy to outmaneuver Yamato. Sakura can also shut down Yamato's movements with just a touch or alternatively put her to sleep. Using shunshin, which Sakura does do in character.
That's cool and all, but Conqueror's Haki GG. Waiting for OP supporters.

Last edited:
I very honestly don't see Sakura winning here.

Not only would Yamato know every single attack that Sakura would land on her before the moment she does so because of Kenbun, but durability negating attacks like the ones that @That_moron2 mentioned above wouldn't be effective here due to Yamato's Buso Emission which is essentially an invisible barrier. Any of Yamato's attacks landed on Sakura would deal massive amounts of damage due to them being coated in ice which were capable of neutralizing the heat of Kaidou's Blast Breath (>>27kºC), and because they would also be coated in Haki, Sakura's healing and resistance to ice manipulation wouldn't work.

Yamato also has the range advantage with Glacier Fang and Narikabura Arrow which would allow Yamato to keep Sakura at bay from a range to avoid Sakura's pressure in cqc from her superior skill. She is also capable of protecting herself from most attacks if the fight does end up getting close with her with Mirror Mountain which acts like an armor that she's able to reapply at any moment within the fight.

Yamato also has insane endurance and stamina. She was able to survive 10 days without food or water, and was able to fight equally to a standstill with Ace to the point to where he was completely exhausted. Ace is a character who can fight people on his level for 5 days without rest, meaning Yamato scales above the likes of that.

On top of all this, Yamato would be able to blitz Sakura badly with her Thunder Bagua, which is a blitz amp above her normal ratings.

Yeah honestly surprised someone actually voted for Sakura here, I don't really see her winning but when I'm free I'll fully check this match out

I very honestly don't see Sakura winning here.

Not only would Yamato know every single attack that Sakura would land on her before the moment she does so because of Kenbun, but durability negating attacks like the ones that @That_moron2 mentioned above wouldn't be effective here due to Yamato's Buso Emission which is essentially an invisible barrier. Any of Yamato's attacks landed on Sakura would deal massive amounts of damage due to them being coated in ice which were capable of neutralizing the heat of Kaidou's Blast Breath (>>27kºC), and because they would also be coated in Haki, Sakura's healing and resistance to ice manipulation wouldn't work.

Yamato also has the range advantage with Glacier Fang and Narikabura Arrow which would allow Yamato to keep Sakura at bay from a range to avoid Sakura's pressure in cqc from her superior skill. She is also capable of protecting herself from most attacks if the fight does end up getting close with her with Mirror Mountain which acts like an armor that she's able to reapply at any moment within the fight.

Yamato also has insane endurance and stamina. She was able to survive 10 days without food or water, and was able to fight equally to a standstill with Ace to the point to where he was completely exhausted. Ace is a character who can fight people on his level for 5 days without rest, meaning Yamato scales above the likes of that.

On top of all this, Yamato would be able to blitz Sakura badly with her Thunder Bagua, which is a blitz amp above her normal ratings.
All good points

I would like to note though that if Sakura does manage to get close to Yamato with Shunshin, she'd probably be able to break Yamato's Mirror Mountain armors with each strike assuming Yamato is unable to block. If this happens, whether or not Yamato can apply her armors continuously to avoid getting pummeled before she can regain footing depends on how effective we think Sakura's barrages are.

But then again, this is SBA, so since the fight starts at a large range, the odds that Sakura would be able to do this without Yamato reading Sakura's moves ahead of time with Kenbun and either blitzing immediately with a Haki, ice, and lightning coated Thunder Bagua or keep her back with ranged attacks are quite low.

On the point of regeneration, we currently accept that Kaido regen's just fine without any apparent interruption from Haki nor without resistance to Regen Negation even though most of the damage he takes is from Haki users. Why wouldn't Sakura fall under this same category, especially since its a bit more nebulous whether or not Haki would be able to negate non-DF based regen in the first place? That and since Sakura was shown able to fight a Sharigan user, Yamato having pre-cog isn't as big of a factor here as well.

That and since Sakura was shown able to fight a Sharigan user, Yamato having pre-cog isn't as big of a factor here as well.
Sharingan precog and kenbushoku precog are not comparable. Kenbu comes with a host of different abilities besides just the precognition like Enhanced Senses, Statistics Amplification, and Instinctive Reactions.

On the point of regeneration, we currently accept that Kaido regen's just fine without any apparent interruption from Haki nor without resistance to Regen Negation even though most of the damage he takes is from Haki users. Why wouldn't Sakura fall under this same category, especially since its a bit more nebulous whether or not Haki would be able to negate non-DF based regen in the first place. That and since Sakura was shown able to fight a Sharigan user, Yamato having pre-cog isn't as big of a factor here as well.
Sakura's Creation Rebirth and just general medical ninjutsu is chakra-based technique that uses stored chakra to boost the body's natural regeneration, stimulating cell growth and whatnot. This is pretty much verbatim the type of regeneration that Haki resists:

As for Kaidou, could you name a time he regenerated from an attack that was coated in Haki or generally had regeneration negation? There are no scenes of this. Regardless, Kaidou's Haki is superior to literally everyone that was on Onigashima, which would allow him to resist their regeneration negation.

That and since Sakura was shown able to fight a Sharigan user, Yamato having pre-cog isn't as big of a factor here as well.
This is a really bad argument.

Not only is Kenbun just generally superior to the precog given from the sharingan of any of the users she's fought, but just saying she was "shown to be able to fight a Sharingan user" without saying how that would stop her from still getting her attacks read just makes your claim fall apart.

I would like to note though that if Sakura does manage to get close to Yamato with Shunshin, she'd probably be able to break Yamato's Mirror Mountain armors with each strike assuming Yamato is unable to block. If this happens, whether or not Yamato can apply her armors continuously to avoid getting pummeled before she can regain footing depends on how effective we think Sakura's barrages are.

But then again, this is SBA, so since the fight starts at a large range, the odds that Sakura would be able to do this without Yamato reading Sakura's moves ahead of time with Kenbun and either blitzing immediately with a Haki, ice, and lightning coated Thunder Bagua or keep her back with ranged attacks are quite low.
But how does Yamato put Sakura down? Sakura has a big durability advantage, and pretty good endurance having show the ability to survive being impaled several times and even before the Byakugo she could keep fighting while severely poisoned.

But how does Yamato put Sakura down? Sakura has a big durability advantage, and pretty good endurance having show the ability to survive being impaled several times and even before the Byakugo she could keep fighting while severely poisoned.
The durability advantage isn't that big (~2.5x). I noted Yamato's ice which would take Sakura out over time. Yamato has superior stamina and endurance FRA, which would also allow her to outlast Sakura if it gets to that.

Last edited:
Sakura's Creation Rebirth and just general medical ninjutsu is chakra-based technique that uses stored chakra to boost the body's natural regeneration, stimulating cell growth and whatnot. This is pretty much verbatim the type of regeneration that Haki resists:
Yeah but you're ignoring the part where the regeneration that's supposed to be negated is still based in a devil fruit ability, which haki is also noted to nullify as well.
As for Kaidou, could you name a time he regenerated from an attack that was coated in Haki or generally had regeneration negation? There are no scenes of this. Regardless, Kaidou's Haki is superior to literally everyone that was on Onigashima, which would allow him to resist their regeneration negation.
Seeing as everyone who fought Kaido is noted to have haki, there are no other sources to have dealt the wounds which he gets his regeneration from. And Haki doesn't offer resistance to haki based abilities, such as regen negation. Barring Shanks who can somehow nullify Observation Haki.

This is a really bad argument.

Not only is Kenbun just generally superior to the precog given from the sharingan of any of the users she's fought, but just saying she was "shown to be able to fight a Sharingan user" without saying how that would stop her from still getting her attacks read just makes your claim fall apart.
It's not a bad argument to say a character is able to fight with someone who possess pre-cog abilities with no real issue therefore this other character with pre-cog abilities doesn't have a particular advantage over them in that regards. That's just basic logic. Especially because while the mechanics are different for both abilities, Sakura doesn't do anything particularly special to deal with pre-cog. She's just able to keep up and tag someone whose able to predict her moves. Intermediate Observation haki and the sharigan share many of the same abilities anyhow, with the only not shared being instinctive reaction from haki and a bunch of other stuff from the Sharigan

Yeah but you're ignoring the part where the regeneration that's supposed to be negated is still based in a devil fruit ability, which haki is also noted to nullify as well.
There is nothing special about abilities gained from eating a devil fruit that make them special. Haki resists abilities in general.
Haki doesn't offer resistance to haki based abilities, such as regen negation.
I'm not going to explain to you how Haki works. We have a page for that. Haki very much resists haki-based abilities.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you were to stop making claims like "Haki doesn't do this" and "Haki doesn't do that" when they very much do. If you want to ask if there's any proof that Haki can do that, then sure, but you making a claim based on information that seems made up could influence the way people vote since they could take it as a fact.

It's not a bad argument to say a character is able to fight with someone who possess pre-cog abilities with no real issue therefore this other character with pre-cog abilities doesn't have a particular advantage over them in that regards. That's just basic logic. Especially because while the mechanics are different for both abilities, Sakura doesn't do anything particularly special to deal with pre-cog. She's just able to keep up and tag someone whose able to predict her moves. Intermediate Observation haki and the sharigan share many of the same abilities anyhow, with the only not shared being instinctive reaction from haki and a bunch of other stuff from the Sharigan
You literally just stated that Sakura has nothing that would stop Yamato from reading her moves. I don't think this point needs to be argued anymore since my point was never that Sakura can't tag her but rather that because the starting distances she can avoid getting rushed by shunshin. My point still remains.

It's not a bad argument to say a character is able to fight with someone who possess pre-cog abilities with no real issue therefore this other character with pre-cog abilities doesn't have a particular advantage over them in that regards. That's just basic logic. Especially because while the mechanics are different for both abilities, Sakura doesn't do anything particularly special to deal with pre-cog. She's just able to keep up and tag someone whose able to predict her moves.
Bro... What...? That's not how that works at all.

You being able to counter analytical predictions will be impossible to so do against divination type precog, they will always know what your going to do before you even do it

The sharingan has to first see your specific actions to telegraph the movements, obs Haki will know your every move, when and where before you even do it... Not comparable...

Someone like luffy who has analytical predictions can't even hit an obs Haki user, in addition to his range and insanely higher skills than Sakura
0519-010.png
0519-011.png
0519-012.png

Very bad comparison

Intermediate Observation haki and the sharigan share many of the same abilities anyhow, with the only not shared being instinctive reaction from haki and a bunch of other stuff from the Sharigan
No, they don’t. Sharingan lacks Statisitics Amplification, Extrasensory Perception and all the other enhanced senses besides sight from kenbu.

Also the Kaidou comparison is irrelevant given at the time his Haki was >> eveyone at the roof top outside Big Mom so they wouldn't be able to negate his DF with inferior Haki.

Luffy needed everything in his arsenal, stacked Buso and Hao Haki (All advanced.) and G5's strongest attack right after he spent a reasonable amount of time laughing which boosts his AP. That's what it took to actually stop Kaidou.

Comparing Kenbunshoku to Sharingan Analytical Prediction is like Comparing a RX7 to a ******* prius. Sure they're both cars but they are NOT comparable.
Intermediate Observation Haki isn't particularly special next to the Sharingan. It's just analytical prediction through the bells and whistles of emotion and life energy. While Advanced Observation Haki I would be happy to say is better than the Sharingan because its consistently you seeing into the future, the intermediate level is not, which is what Yamato is working with.

There is not a meaningful enough difference in how the two function for me to believe that Sakura would struggle with this more than she does fighting against someone with a sharingan.

I'm not going to explain to you how Haki works. We have a page for that. Haki very much resists haki-based abilities.
I've read the page, none of the resistances or power-null it has going on is for anything not a devil-fruit.
Also, I'd appreciate it if you were to stop making claims like "Haki doesn't do this" and "Haki doesn't do that" when they very much do. If you want to ask if there's any proof that Haki can do that, then sure, but you making a claim based on information that seems made up could influence the way people vote since they could take it as a fact.
I don't particularly care what you appreciate because looking at the Haki Page which is what I've been looking over for this, it is not stated to be able to nullify the abilities of other Haki. The only case where Haki nullifies a haki related abilitiy is Shanks somehow nullifying Observation Haki. Instead, at least in the case of Armament and Advanced Conqueror's Haki, you just have more powerful haki which overcomes weaker haki normally or access to an ability that lets you get around haki like Emission.

I don't particularly care what you appreciate because looking at the Haki Page which is what I've been looking over for this, it is not stated to be able to nullify the abilities of other Haki. The only case where Haki nullifies a haki related abilitiy is Shanks somehow nullifying Observation Haki.
Right lmao.

Resistance to

Intermediate Observation Haki isn't particularly special next to the Sharingan. It's just analytical prediction through the bells and whistles of emotion and life energy.
No it is not... It's divination type precog by reading ones intent and presence, making you see glimpses of what their next moves are going to be in the future

Intermediate Observation Haki and future sight both can combat each other with future sight just having more intel and time making it more useful
Hear and See
The ability to sense the presence of others. By enhancing this ability, one can avoid attacks from blind spots, and read the number of enemies and what they are going to do next. The "mind net" of the sky islands is a similar power.
Future Foresight
Those who have mastered the art of "Hear and See" are able to foresee the future a little further. They know in advance what the other person will do next, what they will say, and even how they will respond.
Advanced Observation Haki I would be happy to say is better than the Sharingan because its consistently you seeing into the future, the intermediate level is not, which is what Yamato is working with.
So the scan I sent of Sandersonia reading every move of luffy meant nothing to you...? You are still going against the haki profile

Yamato is knowing every move Sakura will do, unless she completely blitzes her movement speed or turns of her mind... Sakura is always going to be steps behind, unable to hit her
There is not a meaningful enough difference in how the two function for me to believe that Sakura would struggle with this more than she does fighting against someone with a sharingan.
Again already stated why it's completely different via luffy not being able to do anything even tho he can stretch and has much better skill and analytical prediction

Absolute insane downplay and ignorance comparing analytical prediction and sharingan to obs haki...

I do think Sakura can mitigate her disadvantage somewhat with her experience fighting precog users.

Back