• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OFF CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
OFF, the incredibly hard to google French RPG Maker game, has had profiles for a while- it's not a terribly handled verse or anything, but it does have some big hiccups due to the age of the profiles.

Stats

Attack Potency​

Alright, the current calculation for the stats before The Room is 4-C off calculating the Zones' sizes based off the speed of the Batter in the Nothingness, since everything moves at Light Speed in there, and then treating them as spheres. There's a couple things wrong with that. First off, using a world select is always very iffy to begin with, especially since this is RPG Maker we're talking about, and character speed is always the same unless the creator goes out of their way to change it, which Mortis Ghost didn't. It's also the same movement speed he has in normal gameplay- in fact, it's literally just normal gameplay.

Not only that, but the Nothingness in particular is very abstract. It's called "a place of transition outside of space itself", and the game isn't even sure if it's a world map or not. Getting size from it is pretty questionable.

As for the OTHER thing that's wrong with it, Zones aren't planets. Nothing in the game suggests this outside of them being circular in the Nothingness (and they could still be circular if they were countries), while there's a couple of things that go against it. Several characters refer to the world of OFF as a world, which wouldn't be evidence against it since "world" can mean universe, but with the world map calling itself that, that's a bit more suspicious.

There's more concrete evidence, though. The Batter refers to Zone 1 as a land multiple times, and proceeds to do so for the other Zones in the game. Zone 2's library says the city of Bismark is Zone 2. Finally, Dedan, talking about himself and the Guardians, says the Zones they will received will be countries. This (******* awesome) painting from Mortis Ghost also has a compass on the world map, which would be damn weird if it wasn't all on a single planet.

Anyway, point is, I recalculated it considering the Zones countries, and the result is 5-B. Also, this is a downgrade in range for the Batter's purification.

The Sun in The Room is very weird but it should be usable, however one issue I do have with the 4-B rating is that while the Zones were created with E=mc^2, we can't know if that's the same for the Queen, as the Guardians get their energy from the Sun, which obviously couldn't have been the case for the Sun's creating, since, uh, how're you gonna get that energy from it if it doesn't exist yet? Since we don't know if it was done in the same method, "4-C, possibly 4-B" should be safer- it might still be E=mc^2 since that's how OFF seems to do creation- but we can't say that for sure. However, the Room has at least three separate versions of itself as seen in Chapter 3 of The Room (the one with the fake-out Save Files), so the Queen is x3 4-C baseline or x3 the E=mc^2 of creating a sun for 4-B so that's an upgrade there.

That is, if we accept the Room as being created by the Queen. It only gets purified after Hugo is killed, and a lot of it is drawn in a childish artstyle, which makes me think the actual child created it, not to mention it features narration from Hugo in the chapter focused on the Guardians and in the battle between the Batter and the Queen. However, while the Room is only truly purified upon killing Hugo, it still drastically changes upon killing the Queen, so it might be that she's partially substaining it, so I'd say "At least 5-B, possibly 4-C or 4-B" for that key, as messy as that is.

I'm not done here, unfortunately. The Spectres' current tiering is based on a KE calculation for the Zone 2 whales. Not only does it use a really wonky Hypersonic+ speed rating for them and the Batter, but it calculates KE from their general movement speed, which is against our rules (it wasn't at the time). So, 8-B is bust too, although the same blog contains an 8-C feat for the Burnt Elsen which should be usable. This also downgrades Zacharie.

As for fodder Spectres/Non-Sugar-Deprived Burnt Elsen, we should downgrade them to 10-A, as that's all it takes to kill someone with relative ease, especially when that someone is too stupid to fight back, as all normal Elsen are.

The Pastel Burnt Elsen gets 5-B durability cause the Batter can't kill it normally, and if we do that then we're considering it a boss enemy thus 5-B in AP too.

FINALLY, as we no longer consider save files as timelines, The Player gets downgraded from Low 2-C to Unknown... is what I would say, but here's something I found. This is the description of the Batter on the now-defunct OFF website:

"Being a purificatory physical incarnation, the Batter is under the control of a soul from outside the world of Off. He exists for but a single mission: to destroy the spectres that overstep the divine laws and decide to sow discord among the living."

Being that the Player exists outside the world of OFF and is repeatedly called a puppeteer, implying superiority towards it, and that he can manipulate the save files in the Room, showing a level of control over the world of OFF as a whole, I think there's a legitimate argument for Low 1-C.

RECAP: Boss characters are gonna be 5-B before the Room, then those in the Room are gonna be At least 5-B, possibly 4-C or 4-B. Hugo's gonna be 4-C, possibly 4-B with his powers. The Player is gonna be Low 1-C if that's accepted otherwise Unknown. Fodder's gonna be 10-A to 8-C, with Zacharie scaling to 8-C

Speed​

First off, here's a brief Subsonic+ movement speed calculation.

Secondly, I've thought about it and I do think SoL reactions being based off moving in the Nothingness is a bit questionable. Again, with the Nothingness being a weird void that's outside of space, I doubt you'd need to react to many things to move around, nevermind that the Batter's movement speed in it isn't any different from his normal speed. I can see an argument for it staying and I could even be convinced to agree, but right now I think it should be axed. Also, the Add-Ons' attacks aren't light-based, at least not as far as we know.

Now, I've said the sun in the Room should be legit, the map in that section of the game is FAR too symbolic and abstract to get speed from. Besides, while it seems the Batter is going through it, he's just reliving Hugo's memories in that chapter. So, if anything, Hugo gets High Hypersonic for flying to the Sun, and while it is true that the Batter did kill him, he was just sitting there, making no attempt to run away.

The Hypersonic+ ratings on the Spectres' profile is also very wack as detailed in the AP section. This, again, also downgrades Zacharie.

So, speed should unfortunately be changed to Subsonic+ | At least Subsonic+, likely higher, unless better feats are found.

The Player's speed should be comparable to the Batter as he can easily perceive his battles.

Lifting Strength​

Ay, finally an upgrade. The Burnt Elsen blocking the subway car in Zone 3 is Class M and scales to literally everyone except for Hugo and the Player, and possibly the very weakest of Spectres as that Burnt Elsen is actually fairly durable, it just refuses to attack.

Here's a supporting feat of baby Japhet lifting Enoch with a couple of friends.

Abilities

The Batter​

• The Batter and other characters are said to be able to hit abstracts. They... can't. Couldn't find anything on it at least.
  • Self-Sustenance is likely based on him flying to the Sun in the Room, which again, I'd rather not use.
  • Magic... I mean, Competences aren't necessarily magic, are they? As far as we know at least.
  • Purification is currently treated as "Limited Text and Information Manipulation, Existence Erasure, and Reality Warping via Purification", but it actually has no Information Manipulation showings, so that's gotta go.
  • Several characters have Resistance to "Resistance to Mind, Soul, Spatial, and Void Manipulation" I... have no idea what this is from. Maybe from resisting his own Purification? In which case it should be changed to resistance to the above hax. As for the rest... yeah I got no clue.
  • His second key has "As before, plus Flight, and Resistance to Information Manipulation, Time Manipulation, and Reality Warping via The Player" which the exception of Flight, which comes from flying to the Sun, I think this is about the save file stuff? No idea, but either way I can't think of any showings for it.
  • Chain Manipulation - ??? I think this comes from Alpha's "- String" attacks, but not only are they likely not literal, but Alpha's attack names are based off programming.
  • Extrasensory Perception - Sensed the presence of Spectres before being able to see them.
  • Resistance to Poison, Blindness and Power Negation - (The Secret Day prevents the one it is equipped to from suffering of Poison, Blind or Mute)
  • Resistance to Madness and Empathic Manipulation - (Thursday grants resistance to Furious and Madness)
  • Resistance to Biological Manipulation - Can survive the Judge's Competences, which are based around inflicting Sclerosis and Aneurysms

The Player​

• Flight has no basis. Idk about you, but I can't fly. Same for Invisibility,
  • Possession isn't correct- The Batter and The Judge keep their free will when under the Player. It should be Minor Plot Manipulation instead- after all, the one you side with at the end wins, with the Judge treating your support as something tangible and important. To add to this, the player is said to be guiding the Batter at a few points.
  • Higher-Dimensional Existance should be added if Low 1-C is accepted.
  • Resistance to the abilities Purification is should be removed- even if Low 1-C isn't accepted, the Player still lives outside the world of OFF and would not be reached by the Purification.

Bosses​

• Dedan should have Teleportation- he does it at one point in Zone 1, after confronting the Batter for the first time.
  • I have no idea what Dedan's Conceptual Manipulation comes from.
  • Dedan should get Matter Manipulation cause he turns energy into matter
  • Dedan's attacks can inflict Furious or Sleep, his 笑 can Mute though, so Empathic Manipulation should be added (Cause of Furious)
  • The status effects Japhet can inflict are Mute and Poison, so Empathic Manipulation should be removed and replaced with Power Nullification.
  • Enoch should get Body Control, as he fit through his Zone's pipes to chase the Batter. I mean, he already has it, but the current explaination is wrong.
  • Enoch's Dramatic Crescendo doesn inflict Sleep, it drains CP, so it's Absorption of Stamina or something idk.
  • Considering he created a new element, Elemental Manipulation should fit Enoch perfectly.
  • Sugar/Sucre shouldn't have NPI, as she never fights Spectres nor would she have the ability lore-wise due to being a Guardian... cause she isn't. However, since literally everything else in the verse has it, I think it should stay, just with a "possibly" on front.
  • Sugar should also lose Purification-related Resistances as she has no showings of resisting it.
  • No idea what her Mind Manipulation and Electricity Manipulation are from. Seriously, none.
  • The Queen loses Flight and I don't have to repeat myself as to why.
  • No idea about her Information Manipulation comes from.
  • However one of her Add-Ons has Healing so that's nice.
  • Her "Appearance seemingly changes based on the perspective of the individual" should link to Perception Manipulation, same as the Batter.

Species​

• Burnt Elsen get:
    • Power Nullification (Mute, through Murmur of the Flies)
    • Empathic Manipulation and Poison Manipulation (Through Inhuman Decadence) for Sugar-Deprived Burnt
    • Healing (Through Aspiring Suzerain), Empathic Manipulation and Poison Manipulation (Through Inhuman Decadence) for the Pastel Burnt
  • Ghosts get:
    • All status effects in the game (through various moves), Flight, Absorption (of stamina), Sound Manipulation and Summoning (of laughs)

Other Profile Stuff

The Batter's profile should be split into tabbers to make it clear what abilities are his and what abilities belong to the Add-Ons. Same story for the Queen.

"The Spectres" should be renamed to just "Spectres"

The Pastel Burnt gets a key of its own in the Elsen page

Several profiles use fanart while there is perfectly good official art available, I'll replace that.

Last edited:
Haven't read the whole thing yet but here's what I will say

5-B downgrade should be fine. I was always skeptical of how they calculated the size of the zones

Don't agree with Low 1-C. Being outside the world doesn't equal being a layer of existence above it, and he is likely called a puppetier because of how he controls the Batter, not because he views the world as fiction

Don't agree with Low 1-C. Being outside the world doesn't equal being a layer of existence above it, and he is likely called a puppetier because of how he controls the Batter, not because he views the world as fiction
The Player manipulating the save files in the room is the stronger evidence, but if that's not enough I don't mind dropping this, I just thought it'd be worth to get it discussed.
which profiles exactly use fanart
The Spectres, The Queen and Zacharie

5-B is fine, I think the Queen is fine to outright scale to 4-C/4-B, absolutely-*******-not to Low 1-C. Not only have we been zoning out that territory of thinking of late, that feels like a fairly massive reach even with how we currently treat save files.

I'd argue Batter should scale to Hugo's speed feat since while, yes, he is going through Hugo's memories in that chapter, he is physically moving through them.

I think Class M is fine to scale, but Burnt Elsen shouldn't scale physically to the weakest ones (even if it doesn't normally attack). Baby Japhet's feat should actually be fine to use in this instance imo, since this is before he does literally anything else. So like... for the true fodder, Class K should scale, everyone comparable to Burnt Elsen should get Class M.

Abilities seem fine. I've also questioned Abstract Existence in the past but never went searching to see if it was legit. Seems it wasn't. Obviously my disagreement on the player's tier extends to Higher Dimensional Existence.

Fanart is still fine imo (and seems to be absolutely okay'd in the thread regarding this topic) but if better canon art works then I've no problem with replacing the images.

AP: I would like to make it clear Low 1-C was mostly me proposing it so that it would be discussed rather than being adamant on it being legitimate when I put it in the CRT. As for sustaining the Room for the Queen I'm not sure, Hugo seems to have more control over it, but I suppose one could say that considering creation scales to stats in OFF, it would end up scaling to The Batter and The Queen anyway

Speed: Eh, fair enough, but only High Hypersonic works imo, and even then since he appears to be walking on a drawing from the player's perspective, I'd prefer if it was just "possibly" or "likely" High Hypersonic as the whole thing is very abstract. What's your opinion on SoL reactions?

LS: Here's the thing though, I call him Baby Japhet but he's already a Guardian and it might be that he simply has the ability to shift size, as we know he was the size of a normal bird when Valerie tried to eat him. We can't know for sure if he's actually weaker than a random ghost- he looks unintimidating but he is still a high tier in the verse, for all we know.

Fanart is fine if we have nothing else but Mortis Ghost is a really good artist and he's done tons of artwork, it'd be a shame not to show it off. It's gonna be a bit weird to find artwork for the Spectres but as it is unsourced I'll have to either do that or find the artist.

Last edited:
Bump.

Also I was thinking, would the bosses get limited resistance to Information Analysis since if you analyze them all you get is their name and a bunch of ???

that does make some sense, yes

Following up on that, that would also apply to the Batter as the Judge can analyze with the Eye item.

Anyway, two more things. Would the Batter and the Judge get Minor Plot Manipulation, since the Player can side with either?

Also, @Andytrenom, have you gotten the chance to read the CRT in full? Don't mean to press you of course, my apologies if it comes off that way.

I can understand that tbh, but it has to be some sort of help the Player's giving them since that's what decides the fight.

Yeah, glancing at it he made more or less the same objections I did.

I know you were, I just thought it might be worth asking about here anyway

bump- I'd mostly like to hear what the Staff members think rn. I would like to know if Andy is downright against Plot Manip, I'm fine with replacing it if they have a better idea.

Considering it further I do think plot manip is wrong. The player winning is the ultimate outcome in any game, I don't think we should treat that as plot manip

I mean, there's clearly something in-verse that's happening to change the result. Perhaps Plot Manip is the wrong conclusion, maybe it's just that the Player choosing their puppet's moves (which is canon, as seen in the tutorial) allows them to win, but something's happening.

I can accept not adding plot manip since it is pretty vague, that said I don't think "the player's gotta win" is the right interpretation when the player is literally an entity in the story of OFF

So what is gonna affect the Judge if this gets accepted? Only his AP will get affected?
Loses
Gains
  • Resistance to Information Analysis
  • Resistance to Limited Text Manipulation , Existence Erasure, and Reality Warping
  • Matter Manipulation
  • Information Analysis via Eye
  • Healing and Resurrection via various items
Also speed becomes At least Subsonic+, possibly High Hypersonic and LS becomes Class M, I think that's all

Any reason why you asked about the Judge in particular? Just curious.

Actually I was thinking, should Purification be removed from the Batter's profile? I'm not clear on whether he's doing it or it just happens as a consequence of the Guardians dying, but I'm starting to realize it might be the latter.

Actually I was thinking, should Purification be removed from the Batter's profile? I'm not clear on whether he's doing it or it just happens as a consequence of the Guardians dying, but I'm starting to realize it might be the latter.
well due to the website calling him "purificatory physical incarnation" and then even calling Bad Batter in game "Demented purificatory incarnation" makes it definitely seem like the batter is the one doing the purification

Batter purifying things is a major thing in the game, but I don't remember if he's actually purifying things or if that's a word he uses when he's planning to... y'know... do things to the inhabitants of the Zones.

Considering he considers himself a holy crusader and speaks of faith guiding his steps I wouldn't take anything he says as factual.

gonna begin to apply the uncontroversial stuff

also made them to the judge and the queen- both of the pictures in their profiles are now made by mortis ghost. The judge's is admittedly pretty simple but eh, i like a simple drawing that accurately reflects the character and the game over a more "anime" artstyle (though the fanart was really well made). The queen one on the other hand was pretty ******' amazing but this one's good too and yknow, official

dangit i was gonna change their photos
Well, if you don't wanna use his talking sprite, you can always use some official art of him made by Mortis.

I think the Queen is fine to outright scale to 4-C/4-B
Actually, I forgot about this, but what's everyone else's takes on this? I've been treating people on the level of the Queen as 4-C/B but I'm not 100% sold on it myself. In fact, 4-B might be bunk as it is very likely she did not create it, and sustaining it wouldn't work the same.

I am also seriously starting to believe Purification is just a byproduct of the way OFF's world works.

"I'm the creator of Zone 1, it ain't nothing without me!" - Dedan, which sounds vague but I do think it's way more literal than it seems. Considering it's stated that the Guardians themselves shape the Zones, I think the reason they are turned into a white-ish void after the Guardians die is simply that they are no longer there to sustain them. The "purification" that is in progress in every battle is just an euphemism for killing, and the "purificatory personification" deal is likely metaphorical- he brings forth the purification of the zones, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's the one doing it.

I also doubt the Existance Erasure part. With the one Elsen surviving it by hiding, and the fact that Mortis Ghost stated, about the Secretaries: "They are more like machine-keepers who attacks everyone they see in the purified zones." which kinda makes me think they are the ones who cleared them of the Elsen.

More damningly, here's another question and his reply: "Did the colors just vanish with each guardian and did the secretaries just appear and sort of KILL EVERYONE > Huuum.... Yes. This is quite obvious in the game. And it don't explain anything. Don't worry I don't think you're spoiling mysteries." He clearly seems to agree that Secretaries are the ones doing the killing.

Anyway, here's some other stuff he said that would make minor changes to the profiles:

"Elsens are human, and Sugar too. Enoch and Zacharie also are" - stuff for Classification

"Does the Batter have feelings? I ... Suppose ... he does. But he's quite a monster, I don't think he've got the sames than us. He's just obsessed by his quest." - Maybe limited Empathic Manip resistance?

"Is there any story behind the pictures of Zacharie where he has wings and a sword ? > I was bored in classroom. It don't have more sense than this." - Equipment Removal for Zacharie

Is E=MC^2 actually justified to use here? The explanation is just that it’s turning energy solid, usually don’t we not use that unless there’s further scientific context given?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back