• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

So I learned that even with the change in Temperature factor in the Omh’s Law equation would be unsuitable.

so the only thing I can think of that can get for energy from electron volts is through temperature change.

which is 1.6023-19 Joules to 1 eV corresponds to 11606 K

With the temperature I am going with is 150000273.15 Kelvin to 12926.01 eV to 2.07097503e-15 joules.

thoughts?

So utilizing DontTalk's method of calculating the energy of Plasma usage, I think I have what I need for calculating what I did in my previous threads.

And like in the other thread, the scenario is where the tech transcends conventional science and they have unlimited resources.

Since Fusors are fusion devices with using electricity, I will be using the material for fusion Deuterium,

Number of atoms:

6.022e+23 (Avogadro's Number) * .1967 g/cm^3 (Deuterium Density) * 308 cm^3 (Volume) / 2.014 g/mol (Deuterium Molar Mass) = 1.8114918e+25 number of atoms

----

The degree of Ionization would be likely total in this case so will be 1.8114918e+25 ions

——

1 Atomic Number of Deuterium = 13.6 eV

1.8114918e+25*13.6 = 2.4636288e+26 Watts

Thoughts?

I’m kinda bamboozled by this calculation (current listing for the feat on their profiles). Why were earthquake formulae used to quantify their end of the feat? Isn’t that pretty counterintuitive? It severely downgrades them IMO. A recalc should be done using the mass they dispersed out into infinity when exiting. This gets it much higher.

If you angsize distance with an angle of 10 degrees, and the distance is only about a meter, does it matter much for pixel scaling?

I’m kinda bamboozled by this calculation (current listing for the feat on their profiles). Why were earthquake formulae used to quantify their end of the feat? Isn’t that pretty counterintuitive? It severely downgrades them IMO. A recalc should be done using the mass they dispersed out into infinity when exiting. This gets it much higher.
Also based this is (hopefully) getting fixed.

Can I scale this level 3 EMP from NFSHP to 100 Gigajoules (8-B 24 tons) since it has 100 times the electrical impact of a lightning strike?

Is there a way to calculate the energy needed to grow trees? I was attempting to do something similar to that with calories to Joules conversion.

I found a calc that could do that which is the Calories = Water mass * specific heat of water * temperature change.

https://www2.nau.edu/lrm22/lessons/calorie_lab/calorie_lab.html#:~:text=Simplified%2C%20it's%20just%20Calories%20%3D%20water%20mass%20*%20temp%20change.&text=Divide%20total%20calories%20of%20each,to%20obtain%20Calories%20per%20gram.

Thoughts?

based on the Calc above for Mob Psycho with the Broccoli creation

Shouldn’t 30 Calories be 125 Joules, not KiloJoules?

If it is 125 KiloJoules then it should be 30 KiloCalories?

the word "calorie", in most cases, is used interchangeably with kilocalories.

@Shiraito983 there is no timeframe to be gotten from that statement - it doesn't imply over time or anything. you can assume one but you can't actually extract one.

I've actually got a couple I wanted to see how we would do and then apply.

1) at 35:25 in The bee movie, Barry overpowers Hector, throwing his thumbtack out of his hand. Using This study I was able to find that this grip should be around 81.19N
2) at ~1:15:30 Barry and Vanessa slap each other in order to "snap out of it" this seems to not be as hard as a full grown adult slapping, as there's no red marks or anything on Vanessa. Based on the sound and how much her head is moved by the slap, it's clearly harder than what he's currently believed to be able to do, but I have no clue how we could even try to quantify that.
3) At 1:16:00 we see the pollen jocks catch up to and then lift the plane, at 1:17:14 Barry tells Vanessa to cut the engines, as they are "going in on bee power" we see that the plane was at full throttle, meaning that the pollen jocks are at least faster than the plane, with a cruising speed of 547–575 mph, the pollen jocks must be at a speed of at least 547mph, as they pull in from behind the plane, not interception. At several points in the movie, Barry is shown to be able to keep up with these pollen jocks, and at the end even becomes one. Would this not change Barry to be ~30mph (faster than cars feat) on the low end and subsonic on the high end?
4) directly before the 35:25 feat, we see barry lift a sharpie, which is higher than his current strongest lifting feat. This would not change his tier at all, it's just a higher feat than what is currently said
5) Hector's striking with his thumbtack at 34:00 is clearly being directly stopped by barry's stinger, and at points in the battle is shown to also be his actual strength, so I'm unsure as to why this was only put down as weapon mastery, when this is due to raw stats, not actual mastery with his stinger. From my understanding he would have to have the durability to withstand the forces attempting to sheer him through his stinger, which should put him at average human level, since, unlike with humans sword fighting, there is no give in the blade or his body, nor to the ground, so all of the force is being exerted on to barry.
6) during the trial, adam stings Montgomery. When he does so he is moving fast enough for his small body to cause a sort of shockwave to go through Montgomery's "ample rear" as the captions describe it. I'm not sure how you would even begin to calc that

Last edited:
I've actually got a couple I wanted to see how we would do and then apply.

1) at 35:25 in The bee movie, Barry overpowers Hector, throwing his thumbtack out of his hand. Using This study I was able to find that this grip should be around 81.19N
2) at ~1:15:30 Barry and Vanessa slap each other in order to "snap out of it" this seems to not be as hard as a full grown adult slapping, as there's no red marks or anything on Vanessa. Based on the sound and how much her head is moved by the slap, it's clearly harder than what he's currently believed to be able to do, but I have no clue how we could even try to quantify that.
3) At 1:16:00 we see the pollen jocks catch up to and then lift the plane, at 1:17:14 Barry tells Vanessa to cut the engines, as they are "going in on bee power" we see that the plane was at full throttle, meaning that the pollen jocks are at least faster than the plane, with a cruising speed of 547–575 mph, the pollen jocks must be at a speed of at least 547mph, as they pull in from behind the plane, not interception. At several points in the movie, Barry is shown to be able to keep up with these pollen jocks, and at the end even becomes one. Would this not change Barry to be ~30mph (faster than cars feat) on the low end and subsonic on the high end?
4) directly before the 35:25 feat, we see barry lift a sharpie, which is higher than his current strongest lifting feat. This would not change his tier at all, it's just a higher feat than what is currently said
5) Hector's striking with his thumbtack at 34:00 is clearly being directly stopped by barry's stinger, and at points in the battle is shown to also be his actual strength, so I'm unsure as to why this was only put down as weapon mastery, when this is due to raw stats, not actual mastery with his stinger. From my understanding he would have to have the durability to withstand the forces attempting to sheer him through his stinger, which should put him at average human level, since, unlike with humans sword fighting, there is no give in the blade or his body, nor to the ground, so all of the force is being exerted on to barry.
This is high quality analysis

I like to bring back up a possible suggestion for a way to get a measurable way of getting minimum/maximum durability for characters who have been hit with powerful attacks, while massively injured could still operate somehow while physically struggling or exhausted.

Example Ichigo taking the Cero Oscuras, or Gloxinia from NNT as he has 0 strength And could only operate with Droplet of Life.

The suggestion is with the “Stopping Power” method which is the force necessary to render something incapacitated or immobile, this is usually synonymous with firearms.

One method with this is you can get this with Watts by dividing J/s with seconds. That way we can get the minimum durability a character can take that makes them immobile or hard to move but somehow still operate.

Thoughts?

I like to bring back up a possible suggestion for a way to get a measurable way of getting minimum/maximum durability for characters who have been hit with powerful attacks, while massively injured could still operate somehow while physically struggling or exhausted.

Example Ichigo taking the Cero Oscuras, or Gloxinia from NNT as he has 0 strength And could only operate with Droplet of Life.

The suggestion is with the “Stopping Power” method which is the force necessary to render something incapacitated or immobile, this is usually synonymous with firearms.

One method with this is you can get this with Watts by dividing J/s with seconds. That way we can get the minimum durability a character can take that makes them immobile or hard to move but somehow still operate.

Thoughts?
Bump

you were pretty clearly told using GBE in any capacity was wrong
quoting DT:
Your GBE of the halves is wrong for a start, as you can not use that formula for something not spherical.

in fact DT's comment pretty succinctly explained what was wrong AND he told you what to fix (and he commented 10h ago) but you went on to say "nobody told me what to fix" about an hour ago

the current one's value is right (i think so anyway, i know i asked Agnaa to have a look at it with me and we got to the same result albeit the messages are lost)
it just has bad formatting

@SeijiSetto sorry, I didn't see DT's comment before, I've crossed off the problem parts of the calc

Although I'm unsure how to apply what DT said here:

And you want to either use GBE or GPE for both cases.

I.e. you can either do GPE after - GPE before or GBE before - GBE after. Both will, if done properly, give the same result. IIRC the current calc has done the former correctly.

not by itself, no.
you can convert force to joules but you need other information to do so.
All the info I gather

All the monster he sees would be crush on gravitational field
The attacking army wasps, “silent killers” as they may have been, were mown down in an instant by Minitz. No matter how tricky the monster he faced, as long as he could lay eyes upon it, the jig was up
it’s just that he thought Oppressor could easily smash this foe to pieces .

The Gravitational pull was Comparable to massive star
Waves of interference poured over Apito as she entered his eyesight, placing intense pressure on her. This was actually an invisible gravitational force, one Minitz could arbitrarily apply to surrounding matter to give the pull force direction. Using this force—on par with the kind a massive star exerts—he could apply pressure from any direction he pleased, manipulating the pushing and pulling forces to make any object explode or implode
Well this all the information beside he keeps using the gravitational field as attack

Is there a way to make it a Ap?
i mean other information as in other variables, but things are pretty vague as is.
these scans were already used to try and upgrade TenSura characters before and i said the same thing: "force on par with a massive star" is extremely vague.
gravity changes a lot depending on how far you are from an object, so there's no single value you could pick for force.
to get AP from that, you also need a distance the force was applied over, which isn't present in any of the scans.

i mean other information as in other variables, but things are pretty vague as is.
these scans were already used to try and upgrade TenSura characters before and i said the same thing: "force on par with a massive star" is extremely vague.
gravity changes a lot depending on how far you are from an object, so there's no single value you could pick for force.
to get AP from that, you also need a distance the force was applied over, which isn't present in any of the scans.
distance that should be within human eye range.
well the feats are similar to this but the character can apply gravitational force within he can see with the naked eye
the difference is this was only massive star not black hole
1da6c2ae7e0e11e0aac3245208bacea1.png

Last edited:
Just a question, can getting blast from point A to point B consider as speed feat? For example, Character A got blasted from Russia to Sudan by Character B.

Just a question, can getting blast from point A to point B consider as speed feat? For example, Character A got blasted from Russia to Sudan by Character B.
It'd be travel speed if accepted. If it is their own blast, I think that would be allowed, as they are the one capable of creating the conditions, and surviving such to reach those speeds. A good example being the soldier from TF2 whose similar, non-physical mobility comes largely from rocket jumping. If it's just a byproduct of a blast from a fight or unexpected/unreplicable situation (practically speaking for the character), I think that'd more fall into the durability for surviving such.

It all depends on if the character can consistently blast themselves like that, and if they do as a means of transport (travel speed).

Back