• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Okage Protagonists Ability Additions

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok so I think Ari, Rosaly, Gutten Kisling and Linda should have Supernatural Luck and Durability Negation.

Reasoning
Okay so Phantom Evil King aka Epros stated his body is just an illusion and corporeal attacks don't work, this is shown in game when you continuesly miss if you try and physically attack him. However due to this little state in the game called "Luck" which rasies you chance to hit the enemy. Your characters actually have a chance of harming him with physical attacks!. Since their luck can allow them to harm beings who physically can't be harmed and it also effects weather an enemy can dodge your attack, I think Supernatural Luck should be added.

On to Durability Negation, this is connected to Phantom Evil King aka Epros as well. So the way the game wants you to defeat him is to use magic which works on him perfectly fine. If their magic attacks (ice, fire and electricity) can harm someone who is just an illusion, that means they are hitting him on a different level, which level you ask?. Well I believe they are attacking his soul. For one, Phantom Evil King is a ghost which (in Okage) are Intangible/Non-Corporeal beings who can give themselves a physical form. However Phantom Evil King Physical form is just an illusion. Second, when you beat Phantom Evil King, he reveals his name is Epros and he joins your party. Epros learns a move called "Burning Mask" which description states it burns the soul. This means magic in Okage also effects the soul, this would explain why they could harm Phantom Evil King with their magic attacks because they were hitting his soul.

Thoughts?.

I can agree to Supernatural Luck since the game itself asigns them this name and stuff. That's fine with me. A-okay.

This bit is a no, I think. They're able to hit spirits, sure, but it isn't explicitly soul manipulation or hitting them on that level aside from hitting a spiritual form. The same thing happens in D&D- it's just Non-Physical Interaction. They should get the ability to hit illusions. Epros getting Soul Manip and Dura Neg would be fine with me.

I agree with Bambu. Im personally a bit more iffy on giving them Supernatural luck based on your bit though. Like, how does being lucky allow you to hit something incorporal. Isnt it more like characters have non physical interactions from the get go and Epros is just really good at dodging punches? And being lucky enough allows you to hit him? Dont know, i dont know the mechanics and the context behind most of the verse.

If they had Non-Physical Interaction against Illusions with Physical Attacks, you could just hit him normally. He specifically tells you that corporeal attacks don't work because his body is an illusion. This is shown when you can't touch him during combat but with their Luck state it allows them the chance to hit him with physical attacks.

If he was just good at dodging they would have just said he's very fast and nigh impossible to hit. The game specifically wants you to use magic against him because physical attacks don't work. However their "Luck" gives them a chance to bypass this and hit him anyways. That's what that state is for, it increase the chance of you hitting an opponent even if they have high agility or in Epros case being just an illusion.

Mr. Bambu said:
I can agree to Supernatural Luck since the game itself asigns them this name and stuff. That's fine with me. A-okay.
This bit is a no, I think. They're able to hit spirits, sure, but it isn't explicitly soul manipulation or hitting them on that level aside from hitting a spiritual form. The same thing happens in D&D- it's just Non-Physical Interaction. They should get the ability to hit illusions. Epros getting Soul Manip and Dura Neg would be fine with me.
I agree. I am unsure about Soul Manip and Dura Neg

Yes, it's Non-Physical Interaction, but it is due to their Luck that allows them to physically harm him. It's giving them the ability to do so.

Supernatural Luck (The main protagonists Luck gave them the chance to harm Phantom Evil King with their physical attacks who's body was just an illusion and stated corporeal attacks didn't work on him)

If they simply had Non-Physical Interaction against Illusions then they would just be capable of hitting him physically with no effort. It's the Luck state which allows them to do so.

I see to be fair, they are different Type of Non-physical Interaction, this one could for Nonexistence.

I read Type 1 Nonexistence page, I feel so lost somewhat!

The lack of any conventional existence. Such a character will exist as something beyond the normal scope of the physical and metaphysical worlds, instead existing as an idea or other unconventional state. Such entities can be conceptualized by individuals, but do not exist in a physical or normal metaphysical form, such as a soul. In terms of binary, this would be a 0, where existence is 1 and nonexistence is 0.

But in all seriousness, I remember that it was discussed that thing like Imaginary Friends could classify as Nonexistent, I guess illusionary beings like Irnakk, applies as well.

I still half to make Phantom Evil King/Epros profile. I guess he applies for Nonexistent Physiology but I'm not 100% sure. We would need more input on that.

Back