• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Omnipotent or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of these Questionable Omnipotents are True or Fake Omnipotents? Just simply bored and want to know.

List of Questionable Omnipotents:

-Akasha/Akashic Records (Nasuverse)

-Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos)

-Eru lluvatar (Tolkienverse)

-Kami (Bastard!!)

-Kami Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo!)

-Lord of Nightmares (Slayers)

-One Being (Mortal Kombat)

-Sarda the Sage (8-bit Theater)

-This Force/Gentle Pull (Mario Bros)

-The Creater (Wheel of Time)

-The Presence (DC Comics)

-The Prime Monitor (DC Comics)

-The One (Transformers)

-The Quiet (Iluim/Olympos)

-Truth (Fullmetal Alchemist)

-Ultraman King (Ultraman)

Akasha is featless, also it is just a record. If a random character invades Nasuverse, it will delete this character from its record. Akasha cannot use its power on another universe except Nasuverse.

Only Fictional characters so far that are In-verse Omnipotent are God from the bible and TOAA from Marvel Comics.

Azathot directly is not omnipotent.

It has no mind,so it is not omniscient and omnipotent must necessariry be omniscient.

I think that it depends on the literature if Azathoth is omnipotent. In Lovecraft's original canon I think that it was simply the living center of a universe.

RyanBurns said:
Which of these Questionable Omnipotents are True or Fake Omnipotents? Just simply bored and want to know.
List of Questionable Omnipotents:

-Akasha/Akashic Records (Nasuverse)

-Azathoth (Cthulhu Mythos)

-Eru lluvatar (Tolkienverse)

-Kami (Bastard!!)

-Kami Tenchi (Tenchi Muyo!)

-Lord of Nightmares (Slayers)

-One Being (Mortal Kombat)

-Sarda the Sage (8-bit Theater)

-This Force/Gentle Pull (Mario Bros)

-The Creater (Wheel of Time)

-The Presence (DC Comics)

-The Prime Monitor (DC Comics)

-The One (Transformers)

-The Quiet (Iluim/Olympos)

-Truth (Fullmetal Alchemist)

-Ultraman King (Ultraman)
I've been told that The Presence is omnipotent but there are some forces stronger than him or her, so I doubt he/she is Omnipotent and I can't tell anything else because I don't know the rest of them

Pre retcon beyonder is omnipotent, only in his realm though, it's questionable in marvel.

But TOAA wasn't created yet so i guess he was? He was the strongest character back then.

41.68.37.138 said:
Pre retcon beyonder is omnipotent, only in his realm though, it's questionable in marvel.

But TOAA wasn't created yet so i guess he was? He was the strongest character back then.
So, Beyonder is Nigh Omnipotent? Well, TOAA wasn't shown back then, THAT doesn't mean he didn't exist. He's Marvel's God, he doesn't need to be the center of attention :p

I think that Beyonder was almost, but not quite omnipotent, since he was severely weakened from destroying Death (which SHuman-Gorath has also managed to do, I might add), was overloaded by the Rachel Summers Phoenix, said that she might have been able to destroy him at the time if he didn't defend himself, had to exert himself against the Molecule Man, and the Puma might have been able to kill him when in perfect harmony with the universe. He also lost half or his entire power on various occasions. That said, I like the character fine, and am looking forward to his apparent return as "Rabum Alal" in Secret Wars.

Wasn't Enerjak beaten by Sonic? If so, he is not omnipotent, since he isn't supreme to the extent of being able to effortlessly overcome everybody and everything else combined.

enerkal isn't omnipotent in the first place since he has been beaten before and he's had to use different bodies

a true omnipotent wouldn't suffer from either

The One Being is an entity in the Mortal Kombat universe. The Elder Gods (who are non-omnipotent beings from the MKU) were able to contain the One Being's essence in artifacts known as Kamidogu, since the One Being and the Elder Gods seemed to be connected to each other at that point in time. That is why the Elder Gods were able to defeat the One Being. If an omnipotent being allows its powers to be contained in an artifact and wielded by someone else, it can be defeated. Maybe.

It is interesting to note that in Kai's ending in MK Armageddon, it is said that all of reality in the MKU is formed from the One Being's dreams. Kai was able to observe all past events by viewing the One Being's dreams. This would have included the One Being's original defeat in the first place.

If the One Being is omnipotent, it is either really stupid, or just simply wanted to be defeated. Whichever way you look at it, it was by its own power that the One Being was defeated. Is the One Being omnipotent?

It does not sound impressive to me.

Supreme/Strongest =/= Boundless/Omnipotent.

I should add for the One Being that there have been a few endings where it has woken up and destroyed all of reality. I just got Shinnok's ending in Mortal Kombat X where that happened.

Dreaming up all of reality, destroying reality if it wakes up, being an idiot god...sounds familiar. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Azathoth

It is not the same thing to destroy a multiverse, and to contain all of infinite-dimensional existence within one's dreams.

Of course not. That much is obvious. I think it is debatable to state that the "One Being's dreams" have only created one multiverse.

Normally, I wouldn't do such a thing, but MKvsDC is actually Mortal Kombat 8 (as opposed to a spin-off/crossover). If the One Being's dreams contain a version of the MK and DC Universe, it is clearly capable of creating more than a multiverse. So far, the One Being has been shown to be capable of dreaming up whatever it wants.

To be honest, after looking at all the evidence from the series, there is nothing that decisively shows that the One Being is truly omnipotent. However, its limits have not been shown, and it is definitely not limited to a single multiverse.

Well, omnipotence cannot be proven, even if official sources claim so. I am going to make an thread about that soon.

The One is not omnipotent, there is no argument about this. it was divided/defeated by the Elder Gods collectively.

^ I agree about the One Being not being omnipotent, but the Elder Gods dividing it does not prove it. The Elder Gods only divided it by accessing the power of the One Being itself. The Elder Gods, as a collective, are powerless before the One Being, if the One Being does not allow them to access its power. That has already been proven.

Kuwabara! said:
^ I agree about the One Being not being omnipotent, but the Elder Gods dividing it does not prove it. The Elder Gods only divided it by accessing the power of the One Being itself. The Elder Gods, as a collective, are powerless before the One Being, if the One Being does not allow them to access its power. That has already been proven.
The moment they lose for any reason they are not omnipotent, end of.

^ It isn't always that simple. What if the omnipotent being wanted to lose? It wouldn't be a proper defeat, but it should be capable of engineering the event if it wanted to. If it can't engineer such an event, it obviously isn't omnipotent.

Not saying that the One Being is omnipotent (because it isn't), it did engineer its own defeat. According to Kai's ending in MK Armageddon, all of reality (both time and space) is formed from the One Being's dreams. So the "defeat" of the One Being was actually dreamt by the One Being itself.

It also allowed the Elder Gods to harness its power (via the Kamidogu) in order to defeat it. This supports the idea that the One Being engineered its own defeat. Finally, Shinnok's MKX ending showed the One Being fighting the Elder Gods, which resulted in the Elder Gods being destroyed along with reality. This shows that the Elder Gods, even as a collective, have no power against the One Being, unless the One Being wills it to be so.

Omnipotent can lose if it wants.

But if this happens, you can not prove that this being was actually omnipotent in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back