• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
The official release for chapter 1035 is now out so the recently shown abilities for Zoro and King should be applied:

King:
Roronoa Zoro:
  • Advanced ‎Busoshoku Haki: Not entirely a new addition but he showed further usage with it; he activated emission Ryuo (the non touch blow) that the likes of Hyogoro, Luffy etc all use to prevent his swords from being taken from King. We know this as King locks his sword mechanism into Zoro's swords but Zoro creates a barrier that pushes himself and King back and the next panel we see them both being pushed away.

Last edited:
I'm sort of neutral / sort of against the Magma Manipulation for King; Zoro saying his fire attack is "like" magma doesn't mean King is actually creating/controlling magma with his attacks. It could just be a resemblance to it.

I'm sort of neutral / sort of against the Magma Manipulation for King; Zoro saying his fire attack is "like" magma doesn't mean King is actually creating/controlling magma with his attacks. It could just be a resemblance to it.
I get that concern, although Zoro doesn't have any real knowledge on King's abilities since he refuses to share it directly so assuming the flames were similar to magma is probably safer for him to say.

The Dragon constructs that King's producing do look one-to-one with the design used for magma by Akainu and Oda has done this in the past in relation to the admiral's abilities with Kizaru where other characters have used his light abilities where they're described the same and visually are identical.

If it's fire that's like magma, I don't think it qualifies as magma. Better yet, it's constantly referred to as fire and only likened to magma which might more be a comparison in heat than anything else. I don't think we should scale King to Akainu's heat without some more justification. For the Empowerment thing, it's just a stat amp and reduct packaged together. Since King actively chooses to turn his flames on and off by the looks of it, I think those are a better fit.

The rest looks good to me

If it's fire that's like magma, I don't think it qualifies as magma. Better yet, it's constantly referred to as fire and only likened to magma which might more be a comparison in heat than anything else. I don't think we should scale King to Akainu's heat without some more justification.
Fair enough then, although his "magma" resulted in explosions on impact so would he get Explosion manipulation instead then?
For the Empowerment thing, it's just a stat amp and reduct packaged together. Since King actively chooses to turn his flames on and off by the looks of it, I think those are a better fit.
Fair enough.

I agree with Duedate about the first proposition. I think Zoro just used magma as a reference for the intense heat (Like saying the day is "hot as hell" for example), after all, King's attack was still fire, he didn't generate magma.

I don't see any problem with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back