• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1053: "New Emperors" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine beating a Yonko, taking their territory, having an even bigger influence than him, being the wielder of one of the most dangerous Devil Fruit in the world.

Only to be given a lower bounty than him.
Please remember that the World Government in this verse is actively trying to tone things down as best as they are able to not create a public uproar.

How do y’all think buggy got emperor status?
Gag?
Only suitable option?
Actual credit?
It is most likely a distraction, as I mentioned previously. If the W.G. captures and makes a show execution of a pretend Emperor, they likely re-earn a lot of public fear and respect.

Well considering every single Marine in history saw who did all the work and they simply saw BB swoop by and snag the most dangerous DF.
I think that Akainu has the most dangerous DF, but Kaido's raw skill and power combined with his particular DF made him even more dangerous anyway.

The leak doesn't say anything about lower bountries than the Yonko.
One of the leakers on twitter hinted at the fact that it won't be, unfortunately- but I dunno if they're a trusted source to say for sure

They specified it won't be higher than 5 or 6. So-- chances are, it could be 4

How the hell would Fujitora beat Mihawk?
Technically Fujitora might have a power that is very well-suited for fighting Mihawk, as he might be able to disarm his opponent via gravity.
But this reminds me, I wonder what happened to Hancock and Buggy.
Hancock is probably fine, but the Buggy situation seems complicated.

Anyway, I thought that we would get two more chapters before the month-long break, not just one.

I think that Akainu has the most dangerous DF, but Kaido's raw skill and power combined with his particular DF made him even more dangerous anyway.
TBH the most dangerous df is probably actually the quake fruit. I assume that people like Oven and Kaido have some kind of resistance to magma-level heat maybe, due to seemingly having abilities that match magma level heat ( after all Oven's fruit IS based around heat, it'd make sense if he could heat up enough to match magma ). And remember, people have resistances to their own df powers. So in terms of fruits that are incredibly destructive and have no ways to be resisted or nullified besides the normal df counters, I think the quake fruit is the most dangerous. Then again, Sengoku can create shockwaves too, so maybe he's resistant to them.

Remember how Mihawk dealt with a meteorite in Stampede?
Now imagine that but done dozens of times over throughout the course of a 1V1 with Fujitora. And eventually Fujitora just starts upping the sizes of his space rocks. God-- Oda needs to up his game with the attacks scale for users that have OP abilities like that

Remember how Mihawk dealt with a meteorite in Stampede?
Now imagine that but done dozens of times over throughout the course of a 1V1 with Fujitora. And eventually Fujitora just starts upping the sizes of his space rocks. God-- Oda needs to up his game with the attacks scale for users that have OP abilities like that
It's all fun and games to Fujitora just lifts the ground you're on and sends you to the moon
on the plus side you'll meet Eminem Enel there.

Y'know what-- I refuse to read the detailed spoilers when they're out. If this is the last chapter for a month then I wanna be caught off guard by it.
Also here's hoping it's a bit more than the usual Less than 20 pages if it'll be a hype-train chapter for the month

Greenbull absorbs Kaido and Big Mom. Becomes the Goddest of God tiers
This makes me think, if Kelly Funk ( the loser with the jacket fruit, you probably forgot him but he basically has a fruit where he can wear people and inherit their powers iirc, but he uses it wrong so it looks like it's ass ) wore Kaido or Big Mom as a jacket while they were incapacitated, he'd actually make a great return and actually be a threat for once. For now he's just that weak buffoon from the Dressrosa arc with a trash df.

About Issho beating Mihawk, we are not going to be certain about anything until we actually get the full context, assuming we actually do get the context in this chapter.

However i find annoying see many people dismiss Issho's strength and just assume that he is too weak, there its a reason he its a freaking ADMIRAL.

I feel like his clash with Luffy get far too emphasize, making feel like he was going all out against Gear 3rd Luffy, when i never believe it to be the case.

Hell, if we end up seeing Greenbull fight any of the current Wano Top Tiers, then would be definitely proof that Issho is above Dressrosa Gear 3rd Luffy.

Morj
Morj is basically the new circus clown for the One Piece community. It must hurt for him to literally have to delete videos that he admittedly didn't really work hard for since it's just him regurgitating his very wrong theories, but it still took time to make the videos nonetheless. Just goes to show that you should accept when you're wrong and move on from some things.
Raid succeeded

Kaidou didn’t awaken

Yamato seemingly is becoming a Straw Hat

Luffy’s bounty is nowhere near 5 Billion

Morj is on a losing streak and his understanding and analysis of One Piece is now in the dirt

I remember always getting ratio'd for saying admiral=yonko if not greater than. like whats the point of an admiral if they get "low diffed" by yonkos. lol.

with wano ending, gotta give it a 7.5/10 just cuz the last 20 chapters ruined it for me. and no, im not a zkk fanboy. tragedy for all zoro fans out there 🙉

I remember always getting ratio'd for saying admiral=yonko if not greater than. like whats the point of an admiral if they get "low diffed" by yonkos.
Because admirals aren't supposed to be some all powerful gods that can beat anyone if need be. This was shown when Akainu genuinely got significantly injured by an old, diseased Whitebeard, who definitely doesn't scale to the other emperors' power levels.

Because admirals aren't supposed to be some all powerful gods that can beat anyone if need be. This was shown when Akainu genuinely got significantly injured by an old, diseased Whitebeard, who definitely doesn't scale to the other emperors' power levels.
well pre time skip was quite irrelevant for scaling purposes in one piece tbh. once time skip happened, it was logical that an admiral would be = to a yonko, you can basically make a parallel that akainu and luffy would grow at an equal pace or be equal once they meet eachother.

This makes me think, if Kelly Funk ( the loser with the jacket fruit, you probably forgot him but he basically has a fruit where he can wear people and inherit their powers iirc, but he uses it wrong so it looks like it's ass ) wore Kaido or Big Mom as a jacket while they were incapacitated, he'd actually make a great return and actually be a threat for once. For now he's just that weak buffoon from the Dressrosa arc with a trash df.
He'd just have their physical abilities/tankiness, but idk about techniques/haki and DF stuff

well pre time skip was quite irrelevant for scaling purposes in one piece tbh. once time skip happened, it was logical that an admiral would be = to a yonko, you can basically make a parallel that akainu and luffy would grow at an equal pace or be equal once they meet eachother.
This teaches me to just agree with people who have no clue what they're saying because that's easier than explaining why they're wrong

yes, yes indeed. 🗿 so you still got the admirals getting low diffed by yonkos?
mfw someone thinks that Akainu can throw hands with people that have resistances to magma-level heat or have healing abilities, plus much superior haki compared to Akainu, and much superior durability

You don’t score the shots you don’t take and he got many theories about wano right more than most of you who got a big fat 0.

I salute him for standing for what he believed him unlike the d-riders and Oda angels who throw away their own opinions at the drop of a hat to defend whatever Oda wrote that week.

It’s fine to not like the direction a story takes as long as you’re being respectful. But it’s always the fanboys who scream “You want to write Oda’s story!!1!1!1” the moment you give a chapter a 9.9 instead of a 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back